It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random chat about the Olympics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If you want to know what the Aussies were complaining about, the Jamaicans posted videos.

This shows how unfinished their living conditions are. The video shows constructions supplies left in the bathroom with plastic still on the floor, and I guess some rooms only have cheap beds and a few beanbag chairs in them.

This is why our delegation sends a fix-it crew ahead, but I'll bet they had their work cut out for them.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I personally don't see it being worth it. to much of a sh** hole.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium
that's a good point, people from all over the world down there in that mess with a high chance of getting some kind of disease/infection, then going home... I hope no one from my town went.. yikes

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

delegation sends a fix-it crew ahead, but I'll bet they had their work cut out for them.

I think the US and Canada have sent entire construction teams. It sounded like it when they unveiled Canada House on the news.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
the british swimming team have already had all there swim gear nicked nine bags in broad daylight! it will only get worse but the powers that be will cover up a lot im sure il b looking forwrd to boxing and cycling but being as the time diference means in the uk most events will be at night il only be watching catchup or skplus

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
any one ever read rainbow six by tom clancey? few years since i read but believe was set in brazil a bio weapon attack engineerd to be spread world wide by travelers to games i believe they used geneticly engeneerd virus in de humidifiers to spread it

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The official Marathon distance of 26.22 miles isn't the actual distance from Marathon to Athens. That was around 24.85 miles or 40 kilometres in European money.

The official distance used in Marathons is the distance used in the 1908 Olympics, where competitors were waved off by the Royal family from Windsor castle to the entrance and a lap of the Olympic stadium in White City.

Just a bit of useless trivia.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Looks like Pele will not be at the opening ceremonies!

The report (BBC) said he is ill. I hope this not serious as there has been too many celebrity deaths this year.

I normally watch the opening ceremony just to see all the participants. Sometimes get a weird up welling of emotions as it is a heavy moment in the athletes' life. All that hard work, time spent, special diets, days away from home and friends to stand there and represent your country.

And that is why I wish Pele would be able to attend!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Bit of random trivia ... if any of you are watching men's swimming and catch site of a Canuck flipping the bird before the race, that's this dude.

Apparently, he and his dad came up with it when he was 8 as a pre-race confidence booster. There have been times when he's had to write formal apologies as he's accidentally directly flipped off entire TV audiences while flipping off his dad who then flips him off from the stands right back.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Are all openig ceremony this messed up?

The brown people running around touching the light until the Conquistadors (Columbus?) shows up? How messed up is that? Then fast forward to parqourt (sp?) people runnig around a mordern city??

Time to bow down to our new overlords since They know what is best.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
And why is it all Dr. SUESS?

Like the Whos in Horton Hears The Who.

(or is that alldaylong's playlist?)

All kidding aside this is strange. What is up with Qbert motif and Suess?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The crowd chanting "Zika" evrytime Hope Solo kicks a goal kick is funny!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Mara Abbot is a rock star! Too bad she got caught on the road race with 250 meters to go. Great climb! Sorry no medal.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Beach volleyball

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join