It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt. Colonel Gives Trump His Purple Heart! Speaks Volumes About Trump! Special Moment!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
You don't need fake polls

Ah! So, you just made that up. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

Tell me why does Trump deserve that Purple Heart considering the fact he was a draft dodger?

The person who gave it to him deserved it but not Trump

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I’m one of Trump’s critics but this incident I see nothing wrong with what Trump did here.

What he should have done is probably gracefully refused to accept it but doing that Trump probably felt might insult the guy.

Look people no one is all evil, Hillary or Trump.

We don’t have to go too far criticizing every little thing they do.

We’re all human, never forget that

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I guess I don't see the big deal with all the hate in this thread.

He accepted it as graciously as a Donald Trump could. As a pro at making awkward jokes, I can attest to understand his reasoning behind "it's much easier this way" remark. I guess when there's blood in the water it looks worse than what it is. S&F Pax!

Gin

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It's not my place to answer that question because it wasn't my Purple Heart. You should go ask the person who gave it away, or just read/listen what the Lt Colonel said in the interview.

Thing is the liberal media and it's followers have basically twisted this veteran's sincere gesture of faith in Trump's capabilities, all to make the GOP candidate look bad.
edit on 4-8-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Again he is either losing his mind or throwing the election because their is no way he is this stupid.

No, he really is... He really really is... and if that's hard to believe, just look at the many real people who are not "pretending" to be supporting him. They're not faking their support, and he's not faking his stupidity.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Yeah then the coward insulted those who truly earned it by saying he always wanted one but it was easier getting it that way. Btw the medal was a fake. A fake medal for a fake Republican how fitting.

An attempt as self effacement.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This isn't only directed at you, but I feel people here(the left) don't really understand the point of this. But go ahead and bash the President. You have the right, but to do so senselessly...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
trump would have respectfully declined had he spent a single week in boot camp.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
All a bit staged looking if you ask me.

The Lieutenant Colonel couldn't give his 'Purple Heart' to Trump if he wanted to. Read on ...

The Purple Heart is an award (like all other military awards) rendered for a specific reason. It's simply not a tangible thing you can give away. Trump didn't earn the award so he is not a Purple Heart recipient. It wouldn't have been the Lieutenant Colonel's first rodeo and he knew what he was doing was a hollow gesture. That is why active duty personnel have many many restrictions placed on their participation in political events.

What happened was ... the guy gave Trump his medal. He can replace that ... no problem ... no one would be the wiser. All he has to do is send off for a replacement and the government will send one in the mail with his name engraved on it. If he wanted to ... he could go to the Clothing Sales store and simply buy another one. The Lieutenant Colonel was acting like a

Me? All of that crap went straight into the trash. The only thing the military gave me that I had any interest in keeping is a DD From 2 and a DD Form 214.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Good old shoe

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: MrSpad Was it really so hard to just say, Thank you and all Veterans for your sacrifices. Instead of making a flippant remark that then leads to more fighting between Trump and people that once supported him.

Again he is either losing his mind or throwing the election because their is no way he is this stupid.

Now that would be the Political Correct way to respond, but the overwhelming majority of voters hate PC with a passion so Trump responds without any resemblance to Political Correct fake politicians. Another win for Trump.

Your response is typical of the out of touch with reality Left.

Oh yeah I am the left lol. And what is this PC nonsense? A little respect and common courtesy are not PC. Maybe that is to conservative for you. It is amazing in a week that all my fellow military and vet bubbas have completely tuned on Trump. But, you know us Vets just a bunch of liberals. Enjoy watching Trump drop even more in the polls because of this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That man would not have lasted a day, which is why he had a sudden mysterious foot problem that went away as soon as the draft did.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

A little respect and common courtesy are not PC.

I think you hit on a much bigger issue. There is a difference and to be ignorant of either is detrimental to us as a country.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

oh my gosh, no one said Trump was a purple heart recipient. Trump was kidding...The whole point of the thread which has been twisted into something so ugly is that VET thought enough about what Trump had to say and about the direction he felt Trump will lead this country, that he offered up the most personal precious thing he could!

It is not about the dollar amount that the medal is worth it is about the sentimental value it holds for the VET! Why am i having to explain something that is deliberately being rebuked as something awful!

And just because your purple heart has no special meaning for you I am quite sure that for some it holds a lot of personal value.....Thank you for your service and my freedom.....

pax

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

"He was kidding."

It seems to me that this is becoming the sugar on the cherry to top every one of Mr. Trumps "incidents". He was just kidding...

Really.

That is the best explanation possible?
That is an awful way to say he did something really wrong and "didn't mean it that way" - IF he becomes president, every single word of him will be weighed and will have extreme effect to economy, politics and so on OVER THE WORLD. There will be no more "he was just kidding", that does not fly with other professional politicians (or diplomats, or politicians from countries which are not the US's friends).

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You could really feel how much it meant to Donald...

"Wow, a purple heart. I've always wanted a purple heart, you know, if I went to war, I bet I would have a lot of purple hearts by now... but this is a lot easier. Is it fake?"

"No, sir that's my Purple Heart. I believe in you so much."

"Wow, that's great. And they give people awards for getting hurt? Did they give McCain an award for getting captured? I like awards for accomplishment. But, I will take the Purple Heart.... Purple Heart recipient and President of the United States... Donald J Trump. Doesn't that sound terrific? So enough about me... Let's talk about what a Donald J Trump presidency would look like. I can't wait to show you. You're going to love it, trust me. Everyone is telling me, they can't wait... and I say, I KNOW, me too... because then I get to be President... Anyway folks...."

That's basically what I hear... and then I hear people say... "Wow... Powerful..."
edit on 5-8-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

That's awesome. Hey, did you know there's a thing going around where people have the exact same issue as you?

Crazy to think, but some of the stuff in your post absolutely didn't happen at the actual event, weird I know.

edit on 5-8-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Misunderstood would be another way to put it. I think he was genuinely take aback by what transpired and didn't quite know the words. He absolutely wanted to make a spectacle of it because, you know, politics.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No, that's the full transcript.. I got it here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join