It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas college students plan to protest 'campus carry' gun law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why does this kid think people should feel the sense of shock and discomfort about guns? In Texas especially?

I can't prove it, but from what I've heard from co-workers who's kids have gone to UT, UT has about as much to do with "Texas" and Texas culture as it does with Mars. It's an anti-intellectual liberal progressive propaganda mill.

Once upon a time UT was a top notch school. Not so much anymore; they can't even field a decent football team. REAL Texans send their kids to Texas A&M or Texas Tech or, if they're rich, to SMU. UT has become an advanced High School for the People's Soviet Republic of Austin.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What fun would that be?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Oh this is happening in Texas...'Everything's BIG In Texas!'

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

What a mature way of protesting. It's par for the course for how this young generation thinks and reacts. I'm sure a few f-bombs spewed along the way will also get peoples attention. Oh then again, they use that word as often as "the" in a sentence.

Maybe they should post warnings to keep children 100 feet away from any college dildo protest.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Very funny and topical comment here in light of what Clint said recently,bravo

Didn't the Bundy ranch get a pack of dildos sent in to them so they could go FK themselves

Concerning pussy cats generation,that swings both ways with little kittens here who feel they are not safe unless they conceal carry :-/

You don't know where all some of those kids might live. Some campus ghettos are in rough neighborhoods, especially if your college is in a big city.

Heck, my husband has a coworker who is a very petitie blond. She went to Texas A&M and her parents made sure she had her CCW before she left home. It was a good thing. One night when she was on the road between home and school, some guys ran her off the road and were up to no good. All she had to do was flash her gun and they took off and left her alone.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She's was just a coward right? Protecting herself like that instead of taking one for team.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
"Hopefully the dildos will churn up the sense of shock and discomfort"

My guess is that no one is going to care that people have dildos on a college campus.

That's the only thing that bugs me about this and it feels a bit insulting. There is nothing about my Mr. Floyd that comes anywhere close to being as controversial, dangerous, and downright scandalous as a fire arm.

To place dildos on the same level as the destruction and ruination caused by guns is ridiculous. If they want to protest with something that kills as many people as guns, why don't they all wear McDonalds and Burgerking bags over their heads and place Pepsi cans all over the place?

link   

I can't imagine that flashing a dildo would have had the same effect.

Good on her and her parents

link   
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Have someone file a sexual assault complaint against one those dildos, when they bring their sex toys to class.

It made me feel uncomfortable. I asked them to put it away, they didn't listen. I said no sex toys, and no mean no

Especially if a Muslim went and filed the complant

seeing the school wrestle with, if they will be Islamaphobic and ignore the Muslim's complaint or misogynist and homophobic for punishing dildos with sex toys.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

That's the thing, though...they just want to be ridiculous, not actually make any real statement.

And there's no real reason to protest legal concealed-carry anyhow, but that's the funny thing about freedom of speech...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wow..

How do more peoplexpensive on this site not think this is an awesome and creative way to protest!

Whether you agree with their cause or not I think it's awesome!

It has everything that makes a great protest, it's outlandish, grabs attention, makes the news, and itshe funny.

Whatever kid thought this up is a genius

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I can't imagine that flashing a dildo would have had the same effect.

Good on her and her parents

It would depend on the size of the dildo,perhaps if it was the size of a broad sword and made of metal and required two hands to wave about!

I do get your point on concealed carry,no one would know anyway I'm guessing these people don't want any guns on campus

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Seems kind of appropriate for a generation of pussies.

hahahaha.... you know someones going to get dildo slapped.. the dildo slap arrest is inevitable

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe we should all be armed with anything we want---I favor the HK 416 the AA12, the Stingers S2A and S2S Tow systems, c4 and mini tactical nukes

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I suppose they could all carry small nukes?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
After finding the story it seems that the fight is not for been anti guns is more about the dildos than the gun

Sorry but this the most idiotic thing I have ever seen,

Texas recently passed a law allowing concealed weapons to be carried on university campuses. In response, students at the University of Texas-Austin who are opposed to concealed weapons in their classrooms started the #CocksNotGlocks campaign urging people to bring big, bright, shiny dildos -- which remain banned on campus -- to class on the first day of next year's fall semester (Aug. 24, 2016) to protest the new law.

"The State of Texas has decided that it is not at all obnoxious to allow deadly concealed weapons in classrooms, however it DOES have strict rules about free sexual expression, to protect your innocence," the Campus (DILDO) Carry Facebook page states.

"You would receive a citation for taking a DILDO to class before you would get in trouble for taking a gun to class," the post continues. "Heaven forbid the penis."

Dildos are already ban from campus.

I guess the girl behind the dildo attack love her dildo very much.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Have someone file a sexual assault complaint against one those dildos, when they bring their sex toys to class.

It made me feel uncomfortable. I asked them to put it away, they didn't listen. I said no sex toys, and no mean no

Especially if a Muslim went and filed the complant

seeing the school wrestle with, if they will be Islamaphobic and ignore the Muslim's complaint or misogynist and homophobic for punishing dildos with sex toys.

Oh, I could have done it legitimately back in my college days.

I was in a room with my two roommates when a man broke in and threatened one of them sexually. Somehow, I escaped that incident mostly mentally unscathed, but both of them were severely mentally traumatized ... as were several of the other ladies in the house who had nothing at all happen in their rooms.

But if the one who was not actually directly theatened could feel violated ... then I could make a case that I felt sexually threatened by the presence of a man carrying around a dildo ... after all, as a victim of attempted sexual assault, it triggers me.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

"It's to help people visualize how ridiculous it would look if everybody in our community were 'carrying' [a gun],"

for college students they sure aren`t very smart, if everyone was carrying a "concealed" weapon you wouldn`t be able to see the weapons,therefore there would be nothing to visualize. obviously this genius isn`t getting his money`s worth from college, he should ask for a refund.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I wonder if they will have a class on how to properly holster those.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
sooo can I shoot someone if they threaten me with a dildo? because that's what my first thought would be... and seriously, who the fu** wants to carry a dildo around all day? what weird motherf***ers

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join