It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you willing to admit about your party or candidate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

What? Who? whichever one has them tasty treats.

Wait! i havem right here.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Trump is a smart a$$, he says mean things and hurts peoples feelings....

It's terrible......

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Alright I guess I got 2 candidates, but no party affiliation.

Bernie: I used to support Bernie until I feel he sold me out, robbed me of my campaign donations just to support Hillary. I also didn't like his economic plan.

Trump: Really I don't even like Trump to much as can be seen in my posting history, but currently backing him due to his opponent. I can't stand his wall idea and think it won't work. I also don't like the blanket ban all muslims policy he pushes. I feel there is a better way of approaching the issue, but a lot of it is caused by corruption anyways imo.

I feel both parties work behind closed doors to take care of their special interests, while the people who actually pay the bills get the crumbs that fall off the plate if that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Smart thread OP! This has always been my major complaint on ATS. A wrong is a wrong no matter what party you're affiliated with! It's part of being honest with yourself and at the same time for the public to put pressure on these self-centered power hungry politicians to clean up their act.

I would love to participate but I'm an Independent and don't pledge allegiance to either party. However, I do support some aspects of both conservative and liberal thinking. I'm also on the side of eliminating the party system altogether.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughts folks

I am telling you I am dumb as hell with attempting multiquote....so I am going to just write it like this

YOU DO NOT have to give a flying **** about what I say...but this is the experiment so feel free to blast me, but here are my observations and opinions on the post.

Hefficide - All going awesome and frankly I agree. However....rule 2. I agree with you concept but then it was followed by, "same can be said about...."

Bluntone22 - Going great.....but rule 1 or 3 - softened the blow...but I am touchy about this one...you say he has no political experience but "aren't sure" it is a bad thing. So is it or isn't?

WhyIamhere - Good points...do you have anything to admit about Gary? If not it's fine....just asking

IgnoraneIsntBliss - All great as as well but....rule 1 and 3 - softened the blow. All great words again, but followed by PC needs to be slowed and the anti-establishment need (which I totally agree with....but again...just an experiment)

TerryMcGuire - Flawless victory

tadaman - kind of all rule 1 - basically you complained about his personality and hair

stolencar18 - I'm trying to figure out if the part about this year being looser for Dems is a rule 3 issue....but I think I feel a victory here

Lucidparadox - I'm calling victory on your post. The one thing you said about being good about your own business was more personal than anything.

enlightenedservant - I want to calla victory here....trying to determine in my own irrelevant opinion if the Bush remark is rule 2 or 3

watchitburn - The Cake Party IS infallible....so you can't play

Edumakated - Flawless victory

GoShredAk - how genuine

amicktd - Not sure how I feel....on one hand Bernie is done so I ignored that part (but you were solid on that). You were also solid on Trump but then dropped a rule 2 with the both parties comment...but then again you are sort of in between parties....so take that as vague

WeRPeons - don't matter if you don't play...good comments

So let me wrap up round one....as I said before....nobody truly cares about my comments...not even me really...but I thought this would be a good experiment to see if we can truly see the ugly in our own biases. I know I personally am VERY guilty of party love and the idea of Bill Clinton being infallible so I decided today I was going to test myself. I was surprised how REALLY difficult it was not to follow my comments by breaking any of the four rules. But I am glad I did it. I think I can see that I am guilty of bias just like every one else. Plus it opened my eyes a bit to look at alternative options.

If anyone else wants to play....game on!

One last thing....don't take any of my return comments personally por favor....they aren't agry or upset in any way....mere opinion is all

Love ya!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok, so I typically vote across the board does not matter what affiliation as long as the candidate is decent. So I will discuss Libertarian seeing as that is how I will be voting on the top ticket this year. I am a fiscally conservative constitutionalist and would normally call myself liberal, but the term has been perverted these days so I will simply say open-minded and for the people instead of the state.

That being said:

Johnson's flaws (and by extension the Libertarian party)

1) his view on the border is that ideally you should be able to drive into Mexico at 60mph while a Mexican passes you in the opposite direction at 60mph. Open borders is one thing, but no borders is stupid and asking for trouble.

2) I appreciate that his environment stance is that the Fed should be hands off, but he doesn't even recognize the harm GMOs as well as other scientific "research" does to our people much less the corruption of big Pharma.

3) the other biggie . . . he plays BS politics the same as everyone else, I mean he picked a VP with almost opposite views on everything. Of course back in the 1800s, the VP would be the presidential candidate with the 2nd most votes.

Umm, I think I managed that quite well.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

frankly I see a flawless victory here

top topics

<< 1   >>

join