It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think your time line shifted? (M.E.)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Here's a question for all of the "Bad Memory" theorists. If this isn't even a phenomena and it's all just people falling for a hoax, what is the mechanism that makes everyone who experiences this remember exactly the same things?

I agree some are just mistakes, but many aren't.

So let's hear some good theories instead of "You can't remember ANYTHING, lol!"

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying
Here's a question for all of the "Bad Memory" theorists. If this isn't even a phenomena and it's all just people falling for a hoax, what is the mechanism that makes everyone who experiences this remember exactly the same things?

I agree some are just mistakes, but many aren't.

So let's hear some good theories instead of "You can't remember ANYTHING, lol!"

Yea they avoid that obvious fact in all their counter arguments that i have seen. It is a impossibility for that to happen, the odds are astronomical under any circumstances.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

It comes down to how we remember.
Every time we remember something we recreate the situation in our head.

We also need to recreate this quickly so any tricky information can get left out.

There are various things that can impact our recollection so there isn't 1 answer to cover everything however you will notice that in the majority of the Mandela Effects it's the easier and incorrect option we remember.

Many people such as myself falling victim to these tricks of the mind is just proof we all use the same hardware.

If people want real answers to the Mandela Effect they should look into neural networks and the processes behind how we think.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Now that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for not deriding people.

The thing is none of the alternate memories, and I'm one of those people, by the way, are anything that I would call tricky. In fact they are downright inconsequential. I mean who cares whether it's Berenstein or Berenstain? In the city or and the city? C3P0 having a silver leg that none of my old friends who grew up loving the original Star Wars can seem to recall?

Everything else we recall seems to be correct when we cross check. It's not like we witnessed a mass murder and our minds couldn't cope, so we created a fantasy to help us deal with it. It's just pointless little things.

I'd like to see a real study into this with brain scans and everything. Then I'll be happy.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying
I started a thread with a bit more detail about where I tried to give a better answer however I'll cover this here as as well. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The inconsequential part is crucial to this, our brains throw away useless information quite often.
But they are tricky...

Can you think of a last name that ends in Stain?

We never see C3P0 change his leg, it's irrelevant to the story. There is no answer to why his leg should be a different colour so we don't remember it.

Sex and the City, to me that sounds like Sex and City are characters. You can claim that a city is a character technically but sex can't be. Because it doesn't make sense we change it to "In" and remove the characterisation.

Your analogy of witnessing a murder and not coping is essentially what it is. However because it is inconsequential things we don't realise what we have done until someone points it out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join