It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Crashed by Kansas Voters - GET OUT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
This movement is still around? I thought this nonsense died out in 2009?

Well they still had to be voted out.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good on Kansas. Dominionists are some scary folk.

Here's hoping this is the start of what would be a most welcome trend.

You're right. State government is what affects our daily lives, what we can control, and even what can be used to change DC.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
tea party is the answer....but not the spun tea party....small local control is the answer...not the new unaccountables...

the Christian block has the future...with no self doubt, but we have this falling away from logic going on now. hide your eyes a little while, the heartless bastards get into office and get all big-headed and think all that money....hmmmm nobody will know if I take a little share for my pile of toys. So, no caerer politicians is best.
edit on 4-8-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: introvert

Ah, yes, it was hi-jacked, but I'm not sure what came first, the hi-jacking, or the libel and slander that was thrown out about the TP at the beginning of its movement, attracting those who then hi-jacked it.

Regardless, you're right that it is not was it was initially meant to be, but there's still a seat for them at the table, even if only as a reminder of how far we should NOT go.

That's reasonable.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Obama has said, he felt the guiding hand of God directing him towards the presidency. Did you vote for him? Is this one where you have to see if the person who said it has a (D) or a (R) behind their name?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is about time! I may be liberal, but I genuinely miss having a competent Republican party to debate, decide and govern with. Now, when the sitting Congressmen and Senators start to develop some guts, we can start to see this glorious country once again get to the business of fulfilling the AMerican dream.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I think this analysis is more thorough. Seems he was NeverTrump guy and it cost him.

Huelskamp Defeated

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
whoop whoop! Dr. Roger Marshall

“We must get our federal government back to its core functions – chief among them is our national defense. America is the world’s pre-eminent superpower, but we cannot be the world’s policeman. However, when American lives or interests are in danger, our enemies should know we will act swiftly and decisively.“ — Roger Marshall

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

But...THOSE are RINOS not Tea Party.
THE ESTABLISHMENT AKA the MAN.
YOU have been smoked,by the right lady.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Sorry, not biting. This thread is about Kansas getting our collective act together and firing the middle-management. We did it - who we voted for in the past has nothing to do with any of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Excuse me? We ordered them out of office. We voted. They are gone. They call themselves Tea Partiers. If you disagree with their use of that moniker, take it up with them.

YOU have been smoked,by the right lady.

What does that even mean, "smoked, by the right lady"?? (Nothing, it's gibberish.) If you mean we got shafted, you're right. By the right. That is correct. But now they have been evicted and banned from the BBQ.

They tried to destroy us and impose their ill-begotten fantasy on us, but we have rallied to our own defense and run them out of town on a rail.
The state will be a whole lot different from now on. In November it will be even more so.

edit on 8/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That's great Buzzy down with more ass clowns!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Not sure if you posted this here by accident or not. It's off-topic except that he was one of those ousted.
Thanks though!

edit on 8/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Many Dems need to be ousted as well.

Most definitely.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Tax cuts and Privatization is RINO territory,its a formula that Reagan used.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that Reagan was a RINO then?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well, it's also what Dominionists want to do. It doesn't work. We know that now. We suffered through 35 years of it, and finally have figured out that it doesn't work.

Every one of those GOP contenders promised tax cuts and privatization - doing away with every agency there is (especially the Dept of Education), to slash 'welfare' of all kinds and privatize everything.

It Does Not Work.

So, there's that.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

YES.
We aren't happy with the way they've lied EITHER.
Behind ...AN EFFECTIVE... secrecy is most of America's evils enabled by money,the impenetrable wall created by admiralty law since the industrialists.
THEY have the most to loose which is why they rail at Trump because then anyone could get in.
RNC/DNC do not LIKE that idea.
WE don't like them.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Of course it failed - but Brownback isn't worried. Once he's out of office he'll have a massively, HUGELY successful career in the FANTASTIC field of lobbying Congress. He'll get a promotion from "taker of legal bribes" to "arranger of and middle man for legal bribes" and he'll cash in big time. It'll be GREAT! Very, very sound business strategy.

God I have to stop watching Donald Trump speeches... They're starting to rub off.

On a more seriously stated note - Brownback is the Koch JV team anyway. Wisconsin and Walker are where the real dirty things are happening.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

True. But at least those of us who are in Kansas got our bellies full now - and Wisconsin will have to follow suit if they want change. Pence makes me very nervous, though - especially since Trump is so volatile and might just quit any day - the screws will be tightened as he moves closer to the Oval Office - he's not used to having to answer to ANYONE, or to have no control over their actions.

Congress isn't a building full of people he can just walk in and "fire."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join