It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In support of Intelligent Design

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: GailNot

Although I can tell you when I was 7 years old I could comprehend it.

When I was 7 I believed in Santa. Critical thinking is not strong in kids of 7.

I feel sorry for you. My parents never lied to me. They always told me Santa wasn't real. I grew up in a household where truth was taught as common sense. And all falsehood was just denied.

I knew Jesus didn't die on a cross, he died on a stake. I knew he wasn't born on December 25th, that there is no record of birthday, but it was probably in the fall.

I was taught that December 25th was a pagan holiday long before an apostate Christendom fused it into false Christianity.

I knew all of that when I was 7 years old.

I am still amazed when I took to people my age and older that still don't know any of this, and I knew all of it when I was 7 years old. So did my children btw.

Actually I think we know more things, and more truths by that tender age of 7, than most people do most of their lives. Which I am not bragging about. It makes me very sad.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm not sad about my childhood.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Try this one:

"“In science, convictions have no rights of citizenship, as is said with good reason. Only when they decide to descend to the modesty of a hypothesis, of a provisional experimental point of view, of a regulative fiction, maybe they be granted admission and even a certain value within the realm of knowledge—though always with the restriction that they remain under police supervision, under the police of mistrust. But does this not mean, more precisely considered, that a conviction may obtain admission to science only when it ceases to be a conviction? Would not the discipline of the scientific spirit begin with this, no longer to permit oneself any convictions? Probably that is how it is. But one must still ask whether it is not the case that, in order that this discipline could begin, a conviction must have been there already, and even such a commanding and unconditional one that it sacrificed all other convictions for its own sake. It is clear that science too rests on a faith; there is no science ‘without presuppositions.’The question whether truth is needed must not only have been affirmed in advance, but affirmed to the extent that the principle, the faith, the conviction is expressed: ‘nothing is needed more than truth, and in relation to it everything else has only second-rate value.'” — Nietzsche, The Gay Science

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Good.

I didn't mean that you should be sad. I am sad for you.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Why can you believe one and not the other? Design shows their was a designer.

A designer designed by whom?
Want to go all infinite regressiony?

You can't get there from here, we are limited by our 3D perspective.

I'd rewind the forever tape but that would take forever.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Nietzsche?

You are quoting Nietzsche's opinions on science in order to support the idea that we "have to assume" that the Universe was created by intent?

You are quoting Nietzsche to support Creation?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot

Good.

Don't be. You probably have more immediate concerns.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't trust the ID crowd they are proven liars in court.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: GailNot

Good.

Don't be. You probably have more immediate concerns.

Would you believe me that I said in my mind you would say this, word for word. Exactly when I wrote that response. Kind of eerie how much I can read your mind. Maybe just coincidence, or perhaps just experience.

I hold in great regard everyone I meet. Especially minds that are intelligent but are held back for some reason. And I see that in you. I don't know you, but just from the brief reading of your comments I know this about you.

You like to make very brief comments. And you make statements that seem to you to be common sense and knowable.

For some reason when it comes to this issue, like you stated, at 7 years old you were lied to about Santa and believed it. So you have trust issues. That doesn't mean you didn't have a good childhood. It just means that you imagine that means all 7-year-olds can't have knowledge or understanding about deep things. At least that is what you implied.

And I am a person that is not familiar with your world-view.

You seem like a very likable person. I respect your understand and knowledge. And will not try to impose or explain things to someone that is probably more knowledgeable than me.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

At 7 you were lied to about many things, but not Santa. I won't expect less.
And you still believe some of those lies.

And will not try to impose or explain things to someone that is probably more knowledgeable than me.
Fair enough.

edit on 8/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

At 7 you were lied to about many things, but not Santa. I won't expect less.
And you still believe some of those lies.

And will not try to impose or explain things to someone that is probably more knowledgeable than me.
Fair enough.

An example?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Nietzsche?

You are quoting Nietzsche's opinions on science in order to support the idea that we "have to assume" that the Universe was created by intent?

You are quoting Nietzsche to support Creation?

I am continuously misunderstood - some of it is my fault - As there is this preconceived concept that if someone uses
the words Intelligent Design he is a creationist in a religious sense.

But whereas i can see the misunderstanding I want to make it clear that I am not advocating either creationism or a belief in a creator - My concept of ID is science - Science shows both intelligence and design regardless of the source.

The Universe and all that exists shows inherent patterns of order and design - And my proof is science - science proves time and time again that there is both an order and logic to all that exists - We don't need faith to fill in the missing spaces
- My faith is that science will fill in the blanks.

Einstein Said That All Serious Scientists Believe In Intelligent Design

"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble.

The scientists’ religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection."

– Albert Einstein

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Well, I don't know when you were 7. But have you completed sorted out the facts from fictions?

Of course, faith does not rely upon facts. Does it?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

All the religious undertones you type with. Satan is an adult version of santa...not real.
I think he meant all that type of stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

My concept of ID is science - Science shows both intelligence and design regardless of the source.
No. Science can show how processes occur. Science show no indication of intelligence or design in the origin of the Universe. Science shows that "this seems to be what happened." That's it.

False. But he was welcome to his personal belief system.

edit on 8/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Well, I don't know when you were 7. But have you completed sorted out the facts from fictions?

Of course, faith does not rely upon facts. Does it?

Ok.

I was just curious if you knew of something. I was running through my mind and couldn't remember one thing my parents lied to me about even when I was 7. They were and are very honest people. In fact if there is one thing I can say about them, is, they do not lie. I have never ever known either of them to lie about anything. And they have always taught me to be truthful.

So I was wondering what you thought I was lied to about, a lot of things when I was 7 years old. Because from my own personal experience, my parents did not lie to me.

And because I trusted them, and they proved to be honorable, I could always know when someone else was wrong. Because they would lie about my parents.

As far as faith is concerned. The modern-day use of the word may mean that it does not need facts. But that is not true faith.

You must already know what truth faith is, but if you are really not familiar with its true meaning I will be happy to teach you:

(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen.

I am sure you can work out what God says faith is there. It is assured realities that are provable in things that cannot be seen.

So no, true faith is not based on "untruth" or things that cannot be proven.

True faith comes from God, because he can prove himself to you beyond a shadow of a doubt. And when he does he gives you faith. I cannot give it to you. But it is real and very provable.

Everyone without faith has not been given proof yet. And that is not my problem now is it?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

As there is this preconceived concept that if someone uses
the words Intelligent Design he is a creationist in a religious sense.

But whereas i can see the misunderstanding I want to make it clear that I am not advocating either creationism or a belief in a creator - My concept of ID is science - Science shows both intelligence and design regardless of the source.

Well said. I follow that. Too bad we always have to stroke the feathers of preconceived notions to get a point across...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Actually, circular logic would be your problem, not mine.

You can only believe if you believe.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Actually, circular logic would be your problem, not mine.

You can only believe if you believe.

If you asked your dad for a new bike and he gave you a new bike and said, 'son I give you this bike, because I love you, and you asked for it.' You would know that your father loved you.

Someone could come along and tell you he did not love you, and that he hated you. Or perhaps that you just believe he exists because you believe, and don't have proof.

But who would be right? The person denying the existence of the father, or the one who asked of the father, and the father gave to him, and told him he did so out of love?

It was nice to meet you.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

My concept of ID is science - Science shows both intelligence and design regardless of the source.
No. Science can show how processes occur. Science show no indication of intelligence or design in the origin of the Universe. Science shows that "this seems to be what happened." That's it.

False.

Your statements are invalid, false and posses no merit whatsoever

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal with it. Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all".
--Friedrich Nietzsche

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join