It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else loving this 2016 Election season?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What's not to love, if you are one of those who has felt helpless while the runaway corrupted Oval Office/Congress does nothing to actually help get the country back on track?

DNC exposed for the crooked entity most suspected it was, I am fairly sure that the GOP runs in similar fashion, but they failed in their attempt to choose their candidate...

In my mind, there is nothing better than to see the GOP lifers, pundits rail on how the nominee isn't using their playbook...

We have three outsiders vs only ONE establishment candidate... it wasn't supposed to be this way...

And there are a lot of folks scrambling like mad to try and make sure that the ONE is elected...

NOthing makes my day than to hear Krauthammer and Rove rant and rave.. and hint that Trump won't make it to the debate...

Trump may fail with his words at times, he is sure a burr in the side of those who have been firmly entrenched in our Federal politics for too long....

It's nice to see them sweat...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I liken this to the Super bowl.

All season you root for your team. You root over every game. You end up at the play-offs. White-knuckled, you watch and pray for your team.

And then the Great Game.

You have your BBQ, the beer is cold, and you're wearing your teams jersey.

You don't really care about the game, the commercials are funny and all you care about is that the nacho tray stays filled and your beer is cold.

At the end, your team either wins or loses.

The next day, nothings changed. Sun still rises, you have to go to work, slightly hung over. The world spins on. Many watched the game, many did not.

And then you do the same thing you always did.

Until football season starts again.

But this time it'll be different!

Anyway, that's my view on politics.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When Obama has to present in a news conference at least
twice now that a certain candidate not investigated by
the FBI is unfit, you know he is having nightmares.

Yep, loving it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hang in there DB... this may be the crack in the armor a lot of us have been hoping for all these years...

It just may be the final straw that brings down the entire house of cards, carnage on both sides of the aisle....

Perhaps that was why Comey did what he did.... He let us know what they found, but what he couldn't say was...

If we indict Clinton, many many more would have to wear jumpsuits.... pretty sure that his boss isn't pleased with what he did say in his presser...

TIme to call in the ORkin man and rid our gov't of roaches!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No matter what the outcome, this will have ramifications that will last decades. Never before has the corruption of the political establishment and the bias of the mainstream media been laid so clear for the public to see.

This is the start of a revolution.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Look at Brady cheating.

He's still got the Super Bowl rings.

It'd be nice to see an honest game, but I have my doubts.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Maybe we can get china to build us our own Island and just check out of this mess

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

liken this to the Super bowl.

I liken this to a NASCAR Sprint race - you know the one, the one in which there is a rivalry up front that may lead to a horrible crash and you just can't look away.

Good times...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It's definitely a wild ride this time around..
I am enjoying it though I also stay out of it. Just too much isn't good for you haha, I think, but as we get closer and while they're counting votes I'm going to be watching as many feeds as possible studying reactions to the vote counts, to see better how everything is "run"

It's funny I was just on a walk to the store and back and it popped into my head since I bought popcorn and beer..
I'll be doing that on election day/night as well.

Hope my roomies are home so I can hear them yelling at their TVs or Computers along with me.
All the more enjoyable.

Life is getting nuttier and nuttier.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Sign me up!

Passport is still good.

I think that regardless who gets in, most people are fairly good.

As a country, we won't let the assholes win.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It has been a treat to watch. One does have to wonder, if in fact this is a house of cards, will this have a global impact? Should they crack open the Clinton Foundation or the Federal Reserve, what would that mean for our country?

Similarly, what about supplying weapons to opposing factions (if proven to be true), could America be on the wrong side of a very heated war?

What tangled webs we weave....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

I liken this to a NASCAR Sprint race - you know the one, the one in which there is a rivalry up front that may lead to a horrible crash and you just can't look away.

Good times...

That's a great analogy.....

Or like a demolition derby...last car running takes the trophy but still has to be hauled away by the wrecker.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

With all of this push for globalization, if the US bubble burst, I would think that other nations involved would have plenty to deal with in their own countries...

That may be too simplistic, but from my point of view, it's much better to attempt to rid our nation of the cancer, than let it continue it's journey that would have this grand experiment given it's last rites?

It may be tough, but we shouldn't be afraid....

We should be pissed...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: JinMI

With all of this push for globalization, if the US bubble burst, I would think that other nations involved would have plenty to deal with in their own countries...

That may be too simplistic, but from my point of view, it's much better to attempt to rid our nation of the cancer, than let it continue it's journey that would have this grand experiment given it's last rites?

It may be tough, but we shouldn't be afraid....

We should be pissed...

YMMV

I think the collective "We" is already pissed. Fear of a radical change is certainly understandable and our complacency is to blame for the state we're in.
I guess from a philosophical view, what would be worse; the vacuum created or a deliberate step to a global empire. I'd vote for the vacuum!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One big Soap Opera:
As the Political World Turns in the Irrelevant Days of the Commoner's Lives
Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What I love is how one side will say things about a candidate that makes them unfit to be president, and the exact same statement they make applies to the other candidate as well.

That literally goes both ways. it's funny as hell to watch people freak out over Trumpmageddon and Hillpocalypse.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Its about the one thing I agreed with Kasich about . . . it is a very educational experience for everyone on how elections really work.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It's been extremely obvious as well. Both at the DNC and RNC was a hypocrifest!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Good times...

kerrrrrrrr ash.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I've been electioned out for the time being. I'm sick of the slew of "I know someone who knew someone who said ... but I don't actually know his name ..." stories coming out in the press. They're garbage unless they have a real source. All they're good for is starting rumors, but that's all that's out there and it's wall to wall.

There is no real news worth the name, and of course it tracks back here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join