It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate shaking hands = bad / negative energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: dontneedaname

Happens all the time to me. As a sensitive it took awhile...but Ive learned while shaking hands...to repel back stronger, higher, positives back.

Yesterday, I shook hands with one man... a young police cpr in charge of an event...and we both noticed right away we have hard, firm and positive handshakes...and together it threw back a kind of "spark" one couldnt see...only us...could feel.

That happens to me every once in awhile. Interesting...

I've never consciously tried to project energy or repel while shaking hands one way or another...because I am all about not thinking, and becoming less self-conscious. Perhaps I will try that some day if I remember. But, I can't always predict when a handshake will make me feel "unpleasant." Sometimes just looking at someone I can tell or once I feel their vibe, sometimes not. But of course, once they are close enough to sense their vibe, they might have already stuck their hand out.

CX

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Just learn to embrace handshakes, think of them as a positive thing rather than a negative....otherwise you're just reinforcing the fact that they are not a good thing.

Smile before you reach the person, offer your hand well before and give a nice firm (but not a strength competition) handshake and enjoy the greeting. Be confident with it and it won't bother you as much.

Handshakes are so unpredictable anyway i'm not surprised people get funny about them. In the good old days it was just a handshake.....now you have the dilemma of whether to shake, fist bump, shoulder check...or what can only be called "some kind of dance" when you meet a friend.

CX.
edit on 4/8/16 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Not sure if it's the same, but I refuse to shake hands with someone I don't like, don't respect, or have bad vibes about. I feel physically repulsed if I try. I also refuse to go or stay somewhere I'm not wanted, for the same reasons.

And sometimes it feels like my soul physically pulls me away from something or pushes me towards it. As in, I can be walking with a friend, the conversation moves into a negative area, and then I'll suddenly get a strong pull in my back that stops me from moving forward w/them anymore (like a chain). Other times, I'll get a weird pull in my chest which almost seems to drag me towards a situation or person.

I embrace it now. I've pretty much let my "conscience" take over in these situations and it never steers me wrong.

The people in question whom I have had a negative feeling in my hand, I don't dislike these people. One, I just met today for the first time. Someone's vibe/internal energy are independent of my own or anyone else's value judgement.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I'm not a big fan of shaking hands. Spreads germs.
I prefer a fist or elbow bump.
If someone does force a handshake on me I make sure to use a nice firm grip.
I have strong hands.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Can you really call it an "improvement" if something as simple as a handshake has this sort of affect on you?

I think, quite simply, you need to:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I make sure to use a nice firm grip. I have strong hands.

Ah
A Master of the lunchen meat truncheon

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Yep. Works that way for me as well occasionally. Sometimes I have issues in resale or antique stores with negativity...and feelings of extreme sadness around extremely old childrens objects.

Pretty much the same with people...though as I said, Ive learned over the years to control it. It does sometimes catch me off guard...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I cannot identify with you. I was brought up in a society where I have to kiss all my female relatives and friends (on both cheeks - never kissing the air ) and shake hands with male ones (I am male) even if I meet them every day.

As for strangers , it was customary to shake hands irrespective of their sex .

I think that the only reason you are averse to it is because people nowadays are turning into "Howard Hughes" type. You probably know him. He was a millionnaire who turned into a recluse and would never touch anything in his old age.

Nowadays people have become frigid. I miss the days when you could go to a ball or big party and dance with at least fifty different people the old fashion way where the man places his arm around the waist of the girl and she puts her left hand on his shoulder. It was all standard in those days and people would dance with total strangers in that way. It is something that the soul needs and I am glad I was born during that era.

The truth is that if you maintain basic hygiene (eg washing your hands several times a day - especially before eating) you should be fine. Think of all the bacteria you are picking everytime you go out shopping or travel on public transport. Every door that you open , with possible faecal bacteria on door handles or supermarket baskets/trolleys, etc.

I think that is it a myth that a negative person can drown your energy when they shake your hand. The truth is that they do not have to touch you.They can do far more damage remotely ; be it a few meters away or a few thousand miles away. Clearly, you need to learn about remote psychic attack which is very easy to perform . Then you may change your view about shaking hands.

edit on 4-8-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Good points higher is not better that is for sure, that is just another ego con. By Jove there are a lot of cons,, best to not get out of yourself but rather stay in your natural state. To create an alternative state, is to loose sight of yourself! that is unwise. a reply to: dontneedaname

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think this saying is appropriate for this topic.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Cliche, but works. But I would go as far as to say if you have the capacity to reflect on all your life's experinces, and experience new ones conciously, even after conscious death in this reality, then that makes you stronger still. Just block your mind, body, and spirit from as much negative energy, and thinking as possible, then you can turn most hand shakes into positive energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join