It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood on Donald Trump’s Racism: ‘Just F—ing Get Over It’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: buckwhizzle

My fellow women, a moment please.

"Pussy" is equated with weakness. It is an insult. It is a slam against the entire gender. Imagine if it were a compliment instead.

When someone says "that person has balls!" It is meant as a compliment.

Please know, ladies, that if you applaud the use of "pussy" as a pejorative, you are insulting yourselves.

Just putting that out there.

Now pardon my intrusion and have at it.

AB

Ah, hello, example of the thought police. You are here to get insulted on my behalf because seeing the word "pussy" makes you feel bad and therefore no one ought use it, and it further offends you sensibilities that a woman like myself could possibly NOT be offended by the use of such a word.

You are exactly what both Eastwood and Bret Easton Ellis are referring to.

You do not have to like the word. You do not have to use the word, but it is not your place to police others or form mobs of thought police. Why not go on crusades against sh!t, f*ck, d@mn, and all the other profanity? Or is it simply that they are just PC so we can use those foul words and coarsen our language with them as much as we want?

Hmmm, I wonder ... if I decided to use the word b1tch ... would it offend your tender sensibilities as much?

edit on 4-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So just ignore Trumps racism and invite him into the White House?

Damn, people are dumb as hell these days if they think old man Eastwood is dropping some knowledge.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: ketsuko

In this brave new world of speech policing, the speaker has no control anymore. It doesn't matter at all what we want to say or think or intend.

The speaker always has control. It's just that some people like Trump never use their brains before opening their mouth.

No, the speaker doesn't.

PC started out with good intentions, but like so many other things ... we all know what the road to hell is paved with.

I could make an identical comment about motherless children growing up to be unsuccessful more often than children with fathers and drop it into two different threads. One could be a thread on uneducated white folks and the other could be on the inner city. I guarantee you that in only one of those threads would that comment get me called a racist even though it is equally true in both circumstances.

These days, it is more important for PC terms how a statement is perceived than how it was intended.

For example, I could accuse you of being misogynistic right now. Your statement made me feel bad, and you clearly aren't disagreeing with me because you disagree but because I'm a woman and you seem to hate women. Why do you hate women?

This is the logic often used by the PC activists to rule thought and speech they don't like as racist, sexist, and homophobic.
edit on 4-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
That's what I'm talking about!

In an interview with Esquire published Wednesday, the actor/director/producer said young America — which he has dubbed both the “kiss-ass” and “pussy” generation — needs to stop calling things racist.

www.thewrap.com...

Here is a link for the whole article.Thanks to MysticPearl for the heads up.

www.esquire.com...

That's what all white racists say. Lol

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
That's what I'm talking about!

In an interview with Esquire published Wednesday, the actor/director/producer said young America — which he has dubbed both the “kiss-ass” and “pussy” generation — needs to stop calling things racist.

www.thewrap.com...

Here is a link for the whole article.Thanks to MysticPearl for the heads up.

www.esquire.com...

That's what all white racists say. Lol

That statement made me feel bad ... kind of like you hate white people ... like your're a bigot. Why are you such an anti-white bigot?

See? I'm getting the hang of this PC thing. I think that saying white racist is a new trigger term for me.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I could make an identical comment about motherless children growing up to be unsuccessful more often than children with fathers and drop it into two different threads. One could be a thread on uneducated white folks and the other could be on the inner city. I guarantee you that in only one of those threads would that comment get me called a racist even though it is equally true in both circumstances.

Why does race even need to be mentioned? You do know that it's not only blacks live in the inner cities right? FOX must not cover that fact huh?

For example, I could accuse you of being misogynistic right now. Your statement made me feel bad, and you clearly aren't disagreeing with me because you disagree but because I'm a woman and you seem to hate women. Why do you hate women?

First I would have to know that you are a woman before you can label me as misogynistic for hurting your wittle feelings.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Wow. I'm not policing your thoughts or anyone else's.

It is merely an observation. You are free to think whatever you want and say whatever you want.

I am free to have my own opinion and to state it whether you like my opinion or not.

I am simply pointing out a cultural "thing" that has been around a long time that simply "is." I wanted people to actually think about the words they use to describe weakness vs power, and how it is couched in female = weak and male = strong.

I didn't denigrate you or anyone else for saying it. You, on the other hand, got very upset, directly towards me.

Apparently, you were offended that I said anything to challenge your own version of what is ok and what is not ok.

*shrug*

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

My fellow women, a moment please.

"Pussy" is equated with weakness. It is an insult. It is a slam against the entire gender. Imagine if it were a compliment instead.

When someone says "that person has balls!" It is meant as a compliment.

Please know, ladies, that if you applaud the use of "pussy" as a pejorative, you are insulting yourselves.

Just putting that out there.

Now pardon my intrusion and have at it.

AB

Except women love to use the word pussy to emasculate men. Don't they?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

And some rarely use their brains before using their fingers writing a post.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Why is that an exception? I'm well aware there are women who use it too. I don't, personally, because I don't agree with it. I have no need to emasculate men.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more with Eastwood, I'm sick of these candyass p.c. special snowflakes myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Bit of topic but close to it... How is it possible that such a big country as the USA with so many citizens and so many smart and good people have these two morons to chose from for their next potus.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

my sentiments exactly, what ever happened to "i don't give a damn what a celebrity thinks, they should stick to being a celebrity, merica" eye roll!!!!!!!!!! what a short memory span we have!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Except it has nothing to do with the feminine, which a moments research would yield the truth of it.

Your comments about male = good female = bad is incorrect, dick, prick, nobhead, ballbag, bellend, all male, all insulting.

Calling something the tits, however, is a positive.

But wait, nobody gets offended by male pejorative insults, do they?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My response: How Clint would deal with the scum of the earth, The Clinton's!! Especially, when life imitates the movies!!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

You forgot jerkwad.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's because I take it as a compliment. I took sweat and effort and are the gift of life!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A moment's actual research shows that it does.

Link - etymology of "pussy"

Are you implying that I don't find male pejoratives offensive too? I'm not into using pejoratives like that, personally. I don't enjoy hurling insults at people, but that's just me (and I'm in no way implying that anyone else here does)

Again, feel free to use them yourself, I am just not that comfortable with them, though I do confess to using "jerk." I think I even used it in a thread! It is easy to become desensitized to the real meaning of words.

Now that I remember where that comes from, I will be more creative and refrain from it. Not because someone else might be offended, but because I choose not to do it.

There are other female pejoratives too and I don't use them either.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well, many of them want to go back to how it was before the 1950s-1960s. They actively are trying to undo the advances from the Civil Rights movement. Even the "libertarian" Rand Paul says he wouldn't have voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which was literally the law that ended forced racial segregation.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Of course those who are not the subject of the vitriol find anyone who opposes it to be a pussy.

Sorry, if you are a racist pig, you're a racist f*cking pig. How about the cowards who get upset at being called a racist for their primitive views stop being PUSSIES and embrace the title. Embrace the fact that you're a racist, window licking neanderthal and stop getting upset at others for calling you what the hell you are.

Don't get mad at the rest of civilized, 21st century America because no one wants to live or treat others like its 1952 where calling someone a goddamn n***er was acceptable. Stop being pussies!!!

scumbag mentality...so sick of it.
edit on 4-8-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join