It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood on Donald Trump’s Racism: ‘Just F—ing Get Over It’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's Either Frick Or Frack , Choose Wisely .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Close. This anti-PC crowd just wants to say what they wish, true or not. So they blame SJW(young thinkers) to sink to their level. Some do.... just don't. THEN you've got boytoys that lovin the hate. Propagation.

The bottom line is that there is little respect left for others, themselves and the site. And here we are.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's Either Frick Or Frack , Choose Wisely .

I see this pathetic in several ways.

1- I'm Canadian

2- We have 3 major parties.

3- I don't take Frick or Frack. I take..... oops, that's against the T&C.

$- If you're that pissed at the 2 party system why aren't you doing something about it?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

care to wager on the %%??

I am thinking a Trump victory is going to be like 41-43%, clinton in the mid 30's, and the rest spread across the board.
A Clinton victory, if possible, will be like high forties, with trump at one or two points lower, due to election rigging only.

But i feel confident with my numbers, Lets report back in Nov and see who's closest.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Name your wager.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I am thinking a Trump victory is going to be like 41-43%, clinton in the mid 30's, and the rest spread across the board.
A Clinton victory, if possible, will be like high forties, with trump at one or two points lower, due to election rigging only.

But i feel confident with my numbers, Lets report back in Nov and see who's closest.

I have green money that says Trump won't make to November, Health reasons, no guts....want some of that action?
edit on 3-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

No, that's not what's actually going on.

What is going on is that the focus on speech has shifted from judging a person's intent when they speak to focusing on the impact of a person's speech. When that happened, it stopped mattering at all what a person said or intended when they said it. Now it only matters how what they said made the so-called victims or the activists acting on their behalf feel about it.

In this brave new world of speech policing, the speaker has no control anymore. It doesn't matter at all what we want to say or think or intend.

All that matters is what the person who hears us wants to feel about it. That's why anything can become racist, sexist, or homophobic whether or not it actually was.

Discussing Mark Twain is racist because he uses the "n" word in his writing and someone in the classroom feels bad about it. It doesn't matter if the class is actually having a completely academic discussion. Studying the original classical English poets for a semester is racist because students of color feel bad about it, nevermind that there is no racial intent at all ... the language and literary tradition they are making a study of begins with poets like Chaucer and his like and it has nothing to do with race.

This is the climate that needs to be upended because then we can get back to creating a climate of respect for one another. Because, as you ably point out, no one does think about others, only themselves. We are living in generation narcissist, and so, naturally, everything that is said must be made deeply personal and validated through the personal lens of one's feelings or else it is completely invalidated.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

well, what can we wager? Im willing to go paypal, you got a dollar amount in mind?

a reply to: olaru12

yes I do want to get it on that. Do you mean he will actually bow out or concede the race, or just that he will lose?? Cuz I know hes going all the way to the ballot, so could you clarify?
edit on 8/3/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

My fellow women, a moment please.

"Pussy" is equated with weakness. It is an insult. It is a slam against the entire gender. Imagine if it were a compliment instead.

When someone says "that person has balls!" It is meant as a compliment.

Please know, ladies, that if you applaud the use of "pussy" as a pejorative, you are insulting yourselves.

Just putting that out there.

Now pardon my intrusion and have at it.

AB

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hmmm, and here this whole time I thought these people being called pussy were just getting referred to as cats? Im going to continue to believe that. I like pussy's . Or is it pussies?? They are fun creatures.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Or perhaps tattooed on hands or foreheads? Except I don't like tattoos. LOL.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hmmm, and here this whole time I thought these people being called pussy were just getting referred to as cats? Im going to continue to believe that. I like pussy's . Or is it pussies?? They are fun creatures.

Yes. I'm totally sure that's what you were thinking.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well, you know. Eastwood always kind of thrived on controversy anyway. This is a guy who would have never gotten anywhere if he had been PC at all. And now he's an old man. A really old man. An old man who can afford to just be honest. He has nothing whatsoever to lose.

And hey. As the article points out, Eastwood has had a go at politics himself. I'm sure he knows a thing or two about what goes on behind the scenes. Especially from having spent so much time in California. If there's a serpent's nest in the US outside of DC, it would be in California.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thats rich right there! Great timing on that.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'm sorry I was distracted by the FACT Hillary COMPLETELY BOTCHED national security and left 4 men to die...
What are we talking about again?

OH YEAH,Trump DOES have a big mouth its funny to watch.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

No, it's not a slam against an entire gender.

That's the the ultra PC twist on things.

Pussy has two definitions, one relating to a female body part, another to insult. The insult isn't a reflection on women.

Same as using the word gay. Two definitions. One relates to gay people, the other an insult.

The problem is the new PC speech police are changing definitions of words, ignoring how they've historically been used, then crying when people use the previous definition because they've decided their new definition and new standard is the only one which applies.

What you and an increasing number of people fail to understand is words have different meanings in different contexts. Your implication is Clint Eastwood was trying to insult an entire gender. I'd say, get over yourself. That's incredibly narcissistic.
edit on 4-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

a reply to: awareness10

Thats rich right there! Great timing on that.

I just couldn't help myself.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

No, calling someone a dick fits what you are stating, but pussy comes from the root word pusiliminous meaning timid and lacking conviction/bravery.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In this brave new world of speech policing, the speaker has no control anymore. It doesn't matter at all what we want to say or think or intend.

The speaker always has control. It's just that some people like Trump never use their brains before opening their mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join