It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clint Eastwood on Donald Trump’s Racism: ‘Just F—ing Get Over It’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, you won't have to be worried about being called "racists", as your leaders banged over your heads. Now it will be "sexist" that the Repub overlords put forth to make you feel underappreciated again.

I often wonder if there were extra crosses back in the day for those that wanted the experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
While we are on the topic of racism, did Mr. Eastwood have any thoughts on the Democratic party and their lack of a single minority candidate for Presidential consideration?

Bernie's a Minority....he's a Jew

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Let me ask Trump supporters this : If you take away Trump's appeal to anti politically correct liberal extremism, what do you have ?

It just seems like Trump has only a very surface appeal.

It seems like Trump jumped on the backlash to pollitical correctness and is riding that train to the white house.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not according to the DNC wikileak emails though. They did not recognize Sanders right to self-identify as a jew.
edit on 3-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RobotBomb

I thought Bernie was a Minority ? I mean , A Jewish Congressman from an Ambiguous Sate , Never Held a Real Job in his entire Life , Calling for the Downfall of the Rich and Powerful , and Knowing He Never Had a Chance at the Nomination Because He was Bernie Sanders , The Unchosen One ?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Let me ask Trump supporters this : If you take away Trump's appeal to anti politically correct liberal extremism, what do you have ?

He is not a Clinton or a Bush.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

" Let me ask Trump supporters this : If you take away Trump's appeal to anti politically correct liberal extremism, what do you have ? "

A Rich Bastard Who Just Happens to Also Remember the People who Got Him where He Is Today . A Man who Obviously Cares about his Legacy in Life in a Constructive , Positive Way . Period .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

" Let me ask Trump supporters this : If you take away Trump's appeal to anti politically correct liberal extremism, what do you have ? "

A Rich Bastard Who Just Happens to Also Remember the People who Got Him where He Is Today . A Man who Obviously Cares about his Legacy in Life in a Constructive , Positive Way . Period .

I'd go with savvy businessman that can play the weak.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Bret Easton Ellis, btw, sort of agrees with Eastwood on this generation.

This link is an epic rant on a piece that a writer called Tavana wrote for the LA Weekly about Sky Ferreira, and the epic meltdown it engendered from the SJWs of the world.

Oh, clearly you didn't think the little snowflake justice warriors everywhere, from the LAist to Flavorwire to Jezebel to Teen Vogue to Vulture, were going to let this innocuous piece go unnoticed without having a hissy fit? Oh yes, most deliciously, the little snowflakes got so pissed off and were just sooo unbelievably offended by this piece, that they had to denounce it. Oh, little snowflakes, when did you all become grandmothers and society matrons, clutching your pearls in horror at someone who has an opinion about something, a way of expressing themselves that's not the mirror image of yours, you snivelling little weak-ass narcissists? The high moral tone from social justice warriors is always out of scale with what they are indignant about. When did this hideous and probably nerve-wracking way of living begin transforming you into the authoritarian language police, with your strict set of little rules and manufactured outrage, demanding apologies from every sandwich or salad you didn't like?

But because the little Nazis policing language have a new rulebook about how men and women should and should not express themselves about their desires, this allows Jezebel and Flavorwire to write their own childish responses, placing Sky in the delicious position of victim. But the sad ending of this story is that the LA Weekly, which edited and posted the piece, felt like they had to apologise for the piece after so much online complaining, apologise about a piece where someone was clearly writing honestly - sometimes embarrassingly so - about what was on his mind in the moment about a performer, and the way he was looking, and yes, gazing at this performer, and that was it. That is allowable.

The overreaction epidemic that is endemic in the culture, and the implicit calling for censorship by removing the piece, is what should not be allowable, and it should be called out every time SJWs ignore the First Amendment. And I say overreaction because I can't really really imagine Jezebel, who kind of admitted as much, or Flavorwire, giving two #s over this, a thinkpiece on why a man thinks Sky Ferreira is hot, instead of just raging in the vacuum of their own making, and the LA Weekly should have pushed back on this and defended their writer - and by extension freedom of expression - and just walked away. But no, they felt they needed to say 'I'm sowwy' to all the snowflakes who found this innocuous piece so offensive and threatening, and how it crossed some imaginary line of decency, and placating all the crybabies who wanted the post taken down, and kudos to the LA Weekly for not taking it down, because if it had that would have been actual censorship, which is what the left's social justice warriors really want.

Why is it once again that I feel the well-intentioned young liberal self-proclaimed feminist left has become so oversensitive about everything that we have entered into what is really an authoritarian cultural moment? It just seems that it's so regressive and so grim and so unreal, like in some dystopian sci-fi movie: there's only one way to express yourself as some kind of neutered thing, this mound, this clump, turning away from your gender-based responses - towards women, towards men, towards sex. This neutering, this castration, is something no-one really wants or believes in, I hope. But hey, maybe if I go with it and pretend to believe it, it'll fill my column - and I do need to put out some clickbait this week."

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You are Blinded by that Reality because you Chose to be Led by Others . My Condolences .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

You are Blinded by that Reality because you Chose to be Led by Others . My Condolences .

Please. Remember your words on Nov. 6th. There are with those heads in the clouds and you came at me because I complemented him on what he does. This is doomed to failure. Does Mitt have a Monopoly partner to play with...... yet?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That was very well written, and a refreshing read. I think there are millions out there who can see what our new reality has steadily devolved into. The programming of our youth via schools, universities, the media and the hive mind of social media has become our demise.

I wish I could say it's just a fad from some crazy nightmare we will wake up from soon, but these people are brainwashed to the core, it's not easily cured, if ever.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Trump actually has real positions on real topics: from a post on the Internet :

He says he will close our borders and enforce our immigration laws and build a wall... He will stop the flow of Syrian refugees into our country and stop the Islamification of America. He will enforce the sovereignty of America and take America off the path of globalism and international control. He will renegotiate trade deals so they will be more fair and America can stop being ripped off by foreign countries. He will expect countries to pay us for our peacekeeping services etc. He will He will bring back manufacturing to the U.S. which will create good jobs for Americans. He will bring back mining and the steel industry. He will enforce law and order , especially in our inner cities and make them safe again and address the horrific black on black crime.. He will offer school choice so that all parents will be able to get a quality education for thier children. He will support our police and border patrols and push for the death penalty for cop killers. He will vigorously prosecute any bad cops but start community service awareness programs to rebuild respect for our law enforcement. He will support and rebuild our military and weapon system and pursue peace through strength. He will support our allies and reach out to form new alliances to go after and crush ISIS and eradicate the worldwide onslaught of terrorism. Those are just a few things. There many more.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I often wonder if there were extra crosses back in the day for those that wanted the experience.

If there were, no doubt the Sadducees taxed the hell out of the experience while trying to make those who didn't jump onto the crosses feel guilty over their freedoms and privilege.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Trump continues to run his mouth; it's the GOP he needs to worry about.

I'm with Gov. Johnson....Trumps a Pu$$y...He likes to dish it out but can't take criticism.

independentpoliticalreport.com...

Doesn't it get old repeating the same thing in every trump thread or do you just need to find an excuse to say pu$$y? Maybe you should vote for him so you can finally see one.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

He frightens the hell out of people who should be frightened.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He frightens the hell out of people who should be frightened.

And fortunately those people are in the majority. They are probably right. Those that aren't are pretty damn scared imo. It's a big world and loads of politics goes on there. Nuances. THEY are the people afraid of Trump.... as they should be.

See me in Nov. See if Trump doesn't get his ass handed to him like Carter in 1980.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You could be right, you could be wrong... time will tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Those are good positions, but my main point was that there isn't much history to prove that he will keep his promises. At least with other candidates you have a political history to look upon.

Candidates can promise anything, and do the exact opposite when in office. They are never prosecuted for it.

Actions speak louder than words. I see very little posts about trump's actions.. It's nothing but posts about what Trumps claims to do while being president.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
so can we say 'get over it' to all racists?

say an anti Semite, or a Blm person saying ill things against whites, or a KKK aficionado threatening to burn a church etc.. can we say get over it, or is this OK because its Clint, hes a mega film star since god knows when.

or is it OK to say get over it only in this instance... I.e. when some jack off says some racist stuff on YouTube we can say get over it and be showered with stars... or is this just a special case of getting over it.
edit on 3-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join