It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika Virus - Natural Spread or Something More Sinister?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I was looking through a few news articles earlier and I just glanced over a clip about the spread of the Zika virus. Then suddenly, I had a memory of something that was going on a few years back and I started to wonder if it's possible that they could be related. Please know that I'm not saying that one comes from the other, but it just made me think... "Hmmm, what if".

I'll just place this info right here:

Wiki - Zika Virus 2015-2016 Spread

As of mid-2016, a widespread epidemic of Zika fever, caused by the Zika virus, is ongoing in the Americas and the Pacific.[2] The outbreak began in early 2015 in Brazil, then spread to other parts of South and North America; it is also affecting several islands in the Pacific.

The Genetically Modified Mosquito Bite

- “This mosquito is Dr. Frankenstein’s monster, plain and simple,’’ Helen Wallace, a British environmentalist with the organization GeneWatch, told The New Yorker in 2012. “To open a box and let these man-made creatures fly free is a risk with dangers we haven’t even begun to contemplate.” But since 2012, Oxitec has used its mutants in several residential neighborhoods, and after releasing 3.3 million of them in the Cayman Islands, more than 96 percent of the native mosquitos were suppressed, the company said. The plan achieved similar success in a town in Brazil as well.
- Critics argue that despite the programs’ successes in Brazil and the Cayman Islands, Oxitec did not properly inform residents nor obtain their consent. While Oxitec plans to only release male, non-biting mosquitoes, some females may sneak through during the sorting process. These females can and do bite, potentially inserting their modified DNA into people. So far, the firm has said that it has released more than 70 million mutant mosquitoes without receiving reports of any side effects from mosquito bites.

The interesting thing is... The virus didn't show up in Brazil till after the skeeterz were loosed there. As far as the Cayman Islands, they didn't have issues before the release nor after. It makes me wonder, would a company purposely let something loose so they can sell the cure? Yeah, that's kinda rhetorical.

Live Science Sourch

In May 2015, Brazil became the first country in the Americas to report a Zika virus outbreak. So far, about 30,000 cases have been reported in Brazil, and outbreaks have also been seen in several other countries in South and Central America, and the Caribbean.

Just in time! The World Health Org is now pushing this GMO Critter

Oxitec Website

Since Zika spreads to people primarily through the bite of an infected Aedes aegypti mosquito, in March, the agency recommended that officials in Zika-prone areas consider carefully planned pilot programs involving Oxitec OX513A mosquitoes. These mosquitoes which live less than a week have been genetically engineered so their offspring die before they reach adulthood, and are currently available to defend against the spread of the Zika virus and other diseases carried by the Aedes aegypti species, including dengue fever, chikungunya, and yellow fever.

I've found many more tidbits about this issue, where it started (not originally - it's blown up so much more since the original finding in the 40s) and oddly it seems to trace some similar steps.

Anyways... That's just my curiosity going down the rabbit hole

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've looked into this as well, and the truth is the Zika Virus has been around for decades! Most people do not know if they have ever been exposed or not! I am convinced Zika is not responsible for the increase in birth defects in Brazil! That it is infact the pesticides they used years ago that has increased the incidence of birth defects!

Just because Zika is present in the body in a dormant form does not mean it caused birth defects!! The CDC has admitted they do not know if Zika causes this anomaly of a smaller skull, just that when they checked for the virus in the mother it was present! Now they are inundating all of us with what? MORE PESTICIDES to keep the evil mosquitoes at bay!!

And getting past the pesticides they did not need the bio engineered type until they allowed GMO's to be grown in their soil!

Just my opinion and i do have the facts to back up i just didn'
t feel like posting them right now...

Star&Flag OP NICE!

Pax

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Do you know what the pesticides was called. Are they still using it. Just wondering if the same pesticide has been used in french Polynesia where there had been an increase in birth defect microcephaly?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hello,

I happened to come across an interesting article yesterday regarding Zika, regarding origin
and patents that exist. Bear with me as I'm new so I apologize if this this does not work as
planned.

I needed up on this site through another link looking for a source and they have multiple
links for the source of each section.

1st paragraph from article:

As you’ve probably already heard, the World Health Organization (WHO) recently made an announcement declaring the Zika virus to be a global health emergency. They did so without providing much detail about the disease, however, so here is some more information and answers to questions many people are asking, such as: Where did it come from? And do the millions of genetically modified mosquitoes that have been released in these areas have anything to do with it?

First of all, this sexually-transmitted virus has been around for approximately 70 years, and is actually marketed by two companies, but before we get to that, let’s find out who owns the patent on the virus. It’s the Rockefeller Foundation

Here is the link:

Link

I can see I need to play around with this editor some.

This virus seems to have gotten out of control rather quickly with 20 cases already reported
in the county next to me. That's 3 new mosquito transmitted illness over the last 15 years here.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Possibly sinister. After all the ebola virus was to aids for black people and now the Zika virus coming from South America, is to Hispanic/Latino people.

This is a racial disease that creates fear to the masses in order to generate money for cures.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatsaFripp

Welcome to ATS and thank you for this link.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster

Do you know what the pesticides was called. Are they still using it. Just wondering if the same pesticide has been used in french Polynesia where there had been an increase in birth defect microcephaly?

Interesting...do you have a link to that info?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I dont know what pesticides they used before, but here in Puerto Rico the goverment with help from the CDC want to start spraying something called "Naled" from airplanes. The people and medical organizations here are going nuts over this, because the "Naled" is not that effective from the air and is dangerous to people. Some are claiming the CDC is experimenting with this pesticide on puertorricans just to make some company money.

The whole Zika thing is strange. There have been cases here, but nowhere near what is claimed on the media.
Is being hyped up.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wonder where else they've released these mosquitos..

I say this because twice that I can remember while living in Colombia I have killed very strange looking mosquitos..

Normally when you splat a mosquito between your hands, what you end up with is like mosquito paste, right? Well, these two times I opened my hands not to find paste, but the mosquito broken up into several parts that were void of any moisture. I always slap hard to kill, but these mosquitos' heads, wings, stems, sacks still had their shapes and were just sitting in my hand separated from each. Seemed strange..

Also, these 2 skeeters were bigger than normal, and couldn't fly well...they were very easy to zoom in on and kill.

Ive googled mosquito types and these guys look nothing like the pics on google...Maybe theyre GMOs?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I don't have link sorry, I have just been trying to find out which pesticides they use in french Polynesia. Incidentally my step father got Guilliam barr syndrome after being in vanautu in 2012, vanautu is close to French Polynesia and they had huge increase of Guillame barrsyndrome along side zika virus. He just about died but made a full recovery. Forgive my spelling.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
Thanks for the thread and links. This was the topic of discussion the other evening when a friend of mine who used to live in Florida brought up the GMO skeeters issue. She lived in the area where they were going to dump them and did everything she could to get it stopped. When they failed, she moved back to KY.
Like a few others here, I'm not so sure that we're being told the truth about the virus or the skeeters. Remember, they do experiments on citizens all the time and wait 30 or 40 years to talk about it.
I tend to agree that the birth defects are more likely being caused by the pesticides. Of course, the makers of the pesticides would blame the skeeters to deflect attention. And of course, the media is going to report what the members of the petrochemical cartels are telling them because they're one of the biggest advertisers in the media. MSM doesn't want to bite the hands that feed it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

From what I have read the ZikA viris has been around for 100s of years and is very benign and cusses little health problems to speak of.

if this has suddenly changed, there is only way is can that is that its been changed and that is in a laboratory and what does that tell you?

Two questions immediately come to mind, Who and Why?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
I've looked into this as well, and the truth is the Zika Virus has been around for decades! Most people do not know if they have ever been exposed or not! I am convinced Zika is not responsible for the increase in birth defects in Brazil! That it is infact the pesticides they used years ago that has increased the incidence of birth defects!

Just because Zika is present in the body in a dormant form does not mean it caused birth defects!! The CDC has admitted they do not know if Zika causes this anomaly of a smaller skull, just that when they checked for the virus in the mother it was present! Now they are inundating all of us with what? MORE PESTICIDES to keep the evil mosquitoes at bay!!

And getting past the pesticides they did not need the bio engineered type until they allowed GMO's to be grown in their soil!

Just my opinion and i do have the facts to back up i just didn'
t feel like posting them right now...

Star&Flag OP NICE!

Pax

You make an even better point! That's something I did not think of. Though, I did consider that the GMO critter could be causing the problem, but when I found that the virus was very old, it made me switch gears. So now, with that you mentioned, I can revert back to that thought.

Thanks for that!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Thanks for the thread and links. This was the topic of discussion the other evening when a friend of mine who used to live in Florida brought up the GMO skeeters issue. She lived in the area where they were going to dump them and did everything she could to get it stopped. When they failed, she moved back to KY.
Like a few others here, I'm not so sure that we're being told the truth about the virus or the skeeters. Remember, they do experiments on citizens all the time and wait 30 or 40 years to talk about it.
I tend to agree that the birth defects are more likely being caused by the pesticides. Of course, the makers of the pesticides would blame the skeeters to deflect attention. And of course, the media is going to report what the members of the petrochemical cartels are telling them because they're one of the biggest advertisers in the media. MSM doesn't want to bite the hands that feed it.

Exactly!

This is what pulled my attention. I understand they're pushing hard to do this in Florida and it just so happens, Zika is now an issue there. Back when, there was some hype about this taking place in Florida until a lot of locals stood up aqnd said no. So instead, it went to Brazil and the Caymens, and oddly enough, shortly after, the virus just so happened to be the target of this baby deformation. Seems like everywhere Zika is coming up, this GMO thing was targeting those places before hand.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

For me...

Who - Big Companies - and "WHO".

Why - Big money of course

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think there is also a suggestion that it's actually the larvacide (sp?) that may be the issue. It stops mosquito development.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I tried to post this last night but FIOS went out!

Mild concern over Zika's advent in the West turned to dismay when Brazilian doctors began to find record numbers of microcephaly cases in the maternity wards of Pernambuco. The northeastern state of 9 million people typically saw just nine cases of microcephaly out of 129,000 births each year. In November 2015, they reported 646 such births, with neighboring states Bahía and Paraíba soon following suit [sources: McNeil et al., Wade]. Brazilian health officials were facing 4,000-plus possible cases; by mid-February 2016, they had verified around 400, compared to the country's average rate of 150 to 163microcephaly cases per 3 million annual births [sources: Berkrot and Boadle, McNeil et al., Rampton and Hirschler, Wade].

The sheer prevalence was enough to shock physicians, but doctors were taken aback by the severity of the cases as well. Beyond the characteristic small heads and brains, they found eye malformations, intracranial calcifications (aka "brain stones"), malformed cerebral cortexes, or abundant spinal fluid suggesting that the brain had grown and then abruptly shriveled [sources: CDC, Berkrot and Boadle, Rogers]. In many cases, mothers were confirmed to have Zika or Zikalike symptoms while pregnant [sources: CDC, Wade]. Zika had also been found in placentas, amniotic fluid and fetal brain tissue, proving that the virus could cross the placental barrier [sources: Steenhuysen, Wade].

Meanwhile, another disorder began spiking in suspected Zika patients — Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), a slowly paralyzing attack on the body's nervous system by its own immune system [sources: CDC, NINDS, Rogers]. One Pernambuco neurologist reported 50 patients in 2015, compared to 14 the year before [source: McNeil et al.]. A similar uptick had occurred before, during the Polynesian outbreak of 2013, but the Zika link in that case, if true, remains unknown [sources: CDC, Rogers]. Indeed, tracing a clear causal link between Zika and microcephaly has proven tricky — in part, because it's baffling. As one Pan American Health Organization epidemiologist told The New York Times, no one has ever seen a "congenital malformation by mosquito before." Moreover, the microcephaly link is unconfirmed and largely circumstantial — a matter of co-occurrence in some regions but not others. Further blurring the picture: false positives, varying diagnostic standards and spikes in diagnoses thanks to heightened awareness [sources: CDC, McNeil et al., Wade].

Fire or no, there is plenty of smoke. In 17 of the 400 cases mentioned above, Zika has been confirmed in mother or baby. In a different study of 35 Brazilian babies born with microcephaly, all of the mothers involved had spent time in a known Zika area while pregnant [sources: Berkrot and Boadle, Rampton and Hirschler].

Clearly, caution is called for, as well as a good set of guidelines for avoiding spreading the disease to women who were, or might become, pregnant. If only it were that simple.

An X Factor? Even as evidence mounts to support a Zika link, room remains for a third element — a microorganism, a nutritional factor or something environmental — to explain the microcephaly increase in infants [sources: CDC, Wade].

Fringe groups have put forward herbicidal or larvicidal causes, most famously pyriproxyfen larvicides, which a group calling itself Physicians in the Crop-Sprayed Villages claims were added to the drinking water of affected populations. Brazil's Ministry of Health, as well as independent experts, unequivocally rejected the pyriproxyfen argument, citing a lack of evidence and pointing to the fact that such an effect should not be physiologically possible [source: Welch].

I will go ahead and post this while I find my other article...

Paxlink

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here ya go and this is one of many articles that link ZIKA to pesticides!

Aside from the major health concerns posed by pesticide use, vitamin A and zinc deficiencies are also becoming epidemical in Brazil.

There is also the teratogenic larvicide that has been being added to drinking water in affected areas to consider. According to a report that was done by a number of Argentinian physicians belonging to an organization called “Physicians In The Crop Sprayed Towns,” the Zika virus might not be responsible for all of these microcephaly cases. It’s reported that for approximately two years, pyroproxyfen has been being added into the drinking water in the infected area of Brazil. The chemical is manufactured by Sumitomo Chemical, a Japanese subsidiary of Monsanto, and is used to eradicate mosquitoes, causing malformations amongst these insects.

The PCST reports that malformations detected in thousands of children from pregnant women living in areas where the Brazilian state added Pyroproxyfen to drinking water are not a coincidence, even though the Ministry of Health places a direct blame on the Zika virus for this damage. These physicians are emphasizing that this mosquito-killing chemical which has been added to the drinking water is an endocrine disruptor as well as teratogenic, which means it causes birth defects. The organization has also pointed out that the Zika virus has never been associated with birth defects, even in areas where up to 75 percent of the population has been infected. According to the report:

Malformations detected in thousands of children from pregnant women living in areas where the Brazilian state added pyriproxyfen to drinking water is not a coincidence, even though the Ministry of Health places direct blame on Zika virus for this damage, while trying to ignore its responsibility and ruling out the hypothesis of direct and cumulative chemical damage caused by years of endocrine and immunological disruption of the affected population. (source)

I cannot stress enough that these pesticides have been conclusively linked to birth defects by many. For example, a paper published in the journal Pediatrics found that prenatal exposure to some of the pesticides sprayed on our food could impair the anthropometric development of the fetus, reducing the birth weight, length, and head circumference. (source)

The pesticide Atrazine also appears to be a viable culprit. According to research25 published in 2011, small head circumference was listed as a side effect of prenatal Atrazine exposure. (source)

Canadian research has also identified the presence of pesticides associated with genetically modified foods in maternal, fetal, and non-pregnant women’s blood. They also found the presence of Monsanto’s Bt toxin. The study was published in the journal Reproductive Toxicology in 2011. (source)

The study concluded that, apart from pesticides, Monsanto’s Bt toxins are clearly detectable and appear to cross the placenta to the fetus. The study pointed out that the fetus is highly susceptible to the adverse affects of xenobiotics (foreign chemical substances found within an organism that are not naturally produced). This is why the study emphasized knowing more about GMOs is crucial, because environmental agents could disrupt the biological events that are required to ensure normal growth and development.

Earth Open Source put together a comprehensive review of existing data which shows how European regulators have known that Monsanto’s glyphosate causes a number of birth malformations since at least 2002. Regulators misled the public about glyphosate’s safety, and in Germany the Federal Office for Consumer Protection and Food Safety even told the European Commission outright that there was no evidence to suggest that glyphosate causes birth defects.

The report was headed by Dr. M. Antoniou of the Head Gene Expression and Therapy Group in the Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics at King’s College London School of Medicine, UK. Dr. Antoniou was joined by 6 other doctors who have a similar CV. The report provides a comprehensive review of the peer-reviewed scientific literature documenting the serious health hazards posed by glyphosate and Roundup herbicide formulations. You can read the entire document here.

ZIKA is all about the MONEY!!!! Our govt. once again with their over reaching hand and insisting we consume GMO's have concluded a vector carries ZIKA and it is so dangerous!! Not true!! It is the MONSANTO DEVELOPED PESTICIDES sprayed upon the gmo vegetables and fruits that have caused this problem and the GMO's lack the traditional nutrients needed for healthy growth and development to overcome the birth defects these poisons cause!!

So the FEDS have decided to NOT protect you and make you sick by spraying the very thing that causes illness!!

This also leads to BIG PHARMA and NOW they are developing a VACCINE to prevent or treat ZIKA!!

This was my suspicion all along!!

PAX

ZIKA is NOT like EBOLA which is truly a LEVEL 4 Hemorrhagic KILLER!! But the WHO wants you to think so!!

Source

edit on 8/4/2016 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yes i started a thread on this, the Rothchilds hold a patent on Zika from 1947.

Good info!!!

PAX I may use the link you posted. Thankyou!

edit on 8/4/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
S/F ducky!

I don't think people are getting this at all, they'd rather ignore all the signs and sing the koolaid song.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join