It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Seeks to Protect Voting System Against Cyberattacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Look out. The DHS is trying to classify the U.S. voting system as "critical infrastructure" !!

DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson says there is concern over the recent DNC hacks (that have forced resignations of several top Democrat officials) have triggered high level discussions about "election cybersecurity".

Oh boy. This means the Obama Administration could actually know about voting result manipulations !!!

Careful who we trust with this.

In the meantime, the White House says Election won't be 'rigged' !!!! (even though the hacked emails suggested voting was in fact rigged in favor of Hillary in the primary elections)

Alarm bells sounding.

U.S. Seeks to Protect Voting System Against Cyberattacks

The Obama administration is weighing new steps to bolster the security of the United States’ voting process against cyberthreats, including whether to designate the electronic ballot-casting system for November’s elections as “critical infrastructure,” Jeh Johnson, the secretary of Homeland Security, said on Wednesday.

In the wake of hacks that infiltrated Democratic campaign computer systems, Mr. Johnson said he was conducting high-level discussions about “election cybersecurity,” a vastly complex effort given that there are 9,000 jurisdictions in the United States that have a hand in carrying out the balloting, many of them with different ways of collecting, tallying and reporting votes.

“We should carefully consider whether our election system, our election process is critical infrastructure, like the financial sector, like the power grid,” Mr. Johnson told reporters at a breakfast in Washington. “There’s a vital national interest in our electoral process.”

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Reminds me of a used car ad were the seller states, several times, that the car has never been wrecked.

Well, guess what......it's been wrecked.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh...yeah. The Obama administration will protect it reeeeal good. wink-wink nudge-nudge.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How else can Hillary win without hacking?
Oh yea, I forgot. Voter fraud - no ID required.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As Roosevelt said, "Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people."

In other words.... it's been rigged and the elite are in a club you and I aint in. Who ever is chosen... has been chosen... and this voting people will be doing is all a charade. It's an illusion.

Play the game if you want but your not going to win no matter who is elected. The course is set.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm in IT but not on the network side of things. Still, I know enough to say that the best way to protect any computer from hacking is to not plug it into the open Internet. And use a protocol and file system that is not published.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm less worried about protecting it from "hacking" and more worried about its inner workings being classified so they can just dial in the voter outcome just how they want it.

vote little piggies, it can't save you now!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Now if only they would find a way to keep voter fraud in check.

As in people voting multiple times, dead people voting, etc!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Whoever came up with this system actually "forgot" the flaw in it. Glitches, hacks, viruses. It's all a simple answer unto you get complex problems.

top topics

join