It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of Police Shooting Suspect Blames Black Lives Matter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The mother of one of two central Pennsylvania teenagers charged with shooting at police officers last week contends the Black Lives Matter movement is to blame for his actions.

"They are in jail for doing what Black Lives Matter wanted them to do: shoot at cops," Luz Rentas wrote in a statement given to a number of news organizations over the weekend. "The truth is that these are two punk kids following the orders of an irresponsible organization and now they're gonna pay for it."

----

"We as a society need to take a look at what's going on in our country," District Attorney Craig Stedman said. "There's a lot of rhetoric demonizing police. It creates greater a chance to have individuals emboldened to take violent actions out on police."

MOTHER OF POLICE SHOOTING SUSPECT BLAMES BLACK LIVES MATTER

Promoting the false narrative of there being an "epidemic of cops killing black people for no reason" has very real and direct consequences.

When impressionable young minds see Hillary and Obama's propaganda promoting and legitimizing BLM, who can be surprised when they answer Obama's call to action?

It is time to classify Black Lives Matter a terrorist organization and hold politicians promoting their lies and hate accountable.
edit on 8/3/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, the black mother of some kids who shot at cops is saying this? ...She must be racist.

Seriously though, looks like the father had a similar opinion. I think a lot of african americans themselves are getting sick of the BLM rhetoric.
edit on 3-8-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
gee, I guess nobody has any control over what they themselves do, it's always someone else's fault

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A 17 yr old kid out at 330 in the morning.
Nothing good can come from that.
I say lack of parenting.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Uh huh.

My son was raised to be a good boy, someone else made him bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm not a BLM supporter but maybe if this woman had better parenting skills this wouldn't have happened

at age 17 i wasn't allowed to be out at 330 in the damn morning. at age 17 i knew that attempting to shoot someone, nevermind the damn cops, would result in bad things for me.

come on now.

thank god my parents come from the Caribbean. best piece of advice i ever received:

"If you get arrested, don't bother coming back because no criminals live in this house"

"if you get a girl pregnant, you won't be raising that child in this house"

"if you don't go to college, you can get a job and pay rent. if you do neither, you will not live in this house"

edit on 3-8-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I say lack of parenting.

You weren't out at 3:30 AM at 17 years old? Was I the only one? lol

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Oh look...

The personal responsibility crowd is blaming an innocent organisation for the meanderings of gang bangers.

Good luck with that terrorist designation.
When it fails I'll be here to laugh at you heartily.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I say lack of parenting.

You weren't out at 3:30 AM at 17 years old? Was I the only one? lol

maybe at 18 or 19 when i was off to college

but in high school? no way. curfew was in effect.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Oh look...

The personal responsibility crowd is blaming an innocent organisation for the meanderings of gang bangers.

Good luck with that terrorist designation.
When it fails I'll be here to laugh at you heartily.

BLM really gained traction after Brown and Ferguson. The only thing found "innocent" about that was the cop.
Never mind the fact witnesses stated he robbed a store and then went for the officer's gun when he showed up.

Yea innocent...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

That malarky, the chant BLM adopted arose from the eyewitnesses who say the cops yelled hands up and Brown raised them saying don't shoot.

"Hands up"

"Don't shoot"

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

I was out at 3:30 when I was 17, and I was up to no good.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I had a curfew too, but that didn't stop me from sneaking out my second story window and shimmying down the rain gutter to go meet up with my homies. Did it all the time and never once got caught...of course I never shot at anyone either, so that would not matter in this case. But perhaps he snuck out and the mother was unaware he was gone?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What does it matter what time they were out? They try to kill cops which is promoted by black lives matter. I'm so tired of people deflecting and generally burying their heads in the sand about this fact.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Trust me, as a mother, my daughter a 32 responsible adult this days and professional, confided on me that she used to scape out of her window as a teen, that surprised me, even when I knew that when in college she was away and could do anything she wanted.

I just laughed.

What will be of young adults if they don't dare to do things, as long as braking the law is not involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander
My dad told me when he gained custody of me(age 13, don't judge very strange circumstances) He had two rules....#1 If the cops come knocking at our door(in response to something I had done), your on your own...#2 If some parent comes knocking...saying that he is a (soon to be)grandfather, your on your own(more like i don't know you, but close enough)...Those two rules kept me in line well.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
3:30am out and about at 17.....only if Charlottes mother was working the 3rd shift....UP to no good and it was damn well worth it. That girl was damn awesome. Oh the folly's of youth.
edit on 3-8-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A 17 yr old kid out at 330 in the morning. Nothing good can come from that. I say lack of parenting.

well that's debatable, i was often out a 3:30 in the morning when i was 17 still in high school,i met the woman that i intended to spend the rest of my life with at that time, i made the dissension to join the Corps at that time.

my parents were the best, they taught me right from wrong, gave me all that was needed to grow up, and some of what i wanted, taught me skills that would be needed later in life. and one of the things they kept me from getting into more trouble than i did, was what if momma finds out.

teenagers are gonna push limits and often go against the grain no matter how well the parents teach them.

edit on 3-8-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Eh, i see a lot of people touting pretty #ty parenting if actually taken into practice here. Sure it is good to say those things to your kid. Brilliant actually. If it works.

But what happens if they actually do get in trouble with the law or do get a girl pregnant? You say # em! Rot in jail and become a life long criminal because of a childhood dumb action. # the grandkid too. Go live on the street with zero help from me.

A++

You realize kids are not rational right? Was i allowed to be out at 330 am at 17 years old? Hell no. Did i sneak out the bedroom window? Of course. Did i shoot at anyone? No. Was I up to no good? Yup.

I am not saying scape your kids from the police or forever have them freeload off of you. Of course not. But i for one will realize kids are dumb and will love my own and assist them temporarily if the # does ever hit the fan so to speak. With our justice system? With our economy and job market? Yeah help if needed by damn near everyone at times. Superior families teach responsibility with lack of love i guess. Whatever.

Now I am going to hear about how wrong I am and how perfect they, their parents, and their kids are from a bunch of people talking out of their asses.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice where the kid's own mother referred to him as a punk kid following orders? I mean punk kids (thugs) NEVER do anything of their own volition right?????????? BLM was nothing more than an excuse for these kids to do something stupid and a scapegoat for the mom to take some blame off her "surely innocent" son.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join