It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Western Media Ignoring The New Cold War? (w/Guest: Stephen Cohen)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'd rather our media focused on more positive things

Such as...?
"Feel good" stories, telling us the world is bumbling along just fine? Or the size of Kim's ass? The latest PC craze to hit the streets? "Surfing dog"
I know!! ZANY CAT PICTURES!!

Your hyperbole isn't helping, but you can't honestly think the proportion of bad news to good news in the media is indicative of the world at large do you?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Sensationalize. For the greater good.

That's come scary propaganda speak right there.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Something is up...

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Watched the video. May have swayed me from my position....a little.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah it's certainly made me stop and think when i saw that.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Why Is The West Ignoring This?

Why Is The Western Media Ignoring The New Cold War? (w/Guest: Stephen Cohen)

There's something taking place of Great Significance outside the cushy borders of our Western Complacement.

This Video really made me think 'What the hell are they really hiding from us' and Why!

What i'd like is for you ATS to view this 20 minute Video and tell me what you think.

Again, i found it Significant, and troubling that we are being kept in the dark about everything we aren't supposed to know about.

The Western " media" is a controlled demolition of the American mind.

All they do is mainstream junk news.

All these wretched people do is recycle the same political news over and over and over and over and over all day.

A constant repeating of political football. There's hundreds of stories of massive importance these clowns won't even report on such as the subject of the OP.

Nothing on the war in Syria

All the wars in Africa

The butt kissing of Israel is never covered

world hunger

world slavery and disease

The war on children in the ghettoes

all kinds of stories we never here about

its a crime

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If a nuke did go off, we'd have what 15 minutes to prepare for it. We aren't being told a damn thing, about anything of importance. At that point it wouldn't matter too much though, i'd rather go quickly than slowly.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'd rather go fighting and yelling...or not at all.

Are you proposing a bomb going off from where it resides or from a bombardment from a foreign entity?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well.. what i'm thinking is that if Snowden leaks something 'big', it could begin the start of a something much bigger. You know when psychopaths want to hide what they're really doing, they divert, this could send them into a raging fit of madness. I mean look at Hillary clueless? She'd do it just to say 'i was the first woman president to blow up 'or try' Russia or perhaps China or even NK.

The others in the West are cuckoo as well. Reagan seems rational to us compared with Bush and Clinton in many ways but even back then there was that threat he'd 'push the button'.

Whatever Snowden has, they want it, too many unanswered questions and why they keep lying consistantly to us.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Got it. I would love to see a leak war between Asange and Snowden. Now there's a rivalry where the people would win no matter who loses!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Yeah that would be most interesting wouldn't it.

Do you think they would actually rival one another though? i really should watch that video i haven't yet.

ETA: Perhaps if they worked together on it.

Then again what if one of them isn't 'all there' or in cahoots with someone else, this whole thing is getting weird.
edit on 8/5/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
I've always thought that the Cold War never really ended even after Soviet Union crumbled. The west kept it alive with NATO pushing itself closer to Russian borders all these years, setting bases, defense systems and asking neutral countries to join in their unbiased crusade.

You mean their fake Crusade. We all know they are aiming for China as soon as they can get Russia to join them. This is exactly like the Opium War. Should read up history of the opium war which started with an 8 nation alliance. Russia isn't play their game anymore.

As soon is China is suppressed. Expect another World war on European soils. It is all planned. Repeat, redo, and suppress. China isn't that stupid this time. There is a reason why she didn't have any civil after Mao. Unfinished business(Taiwan) and constant European interference.

You can even see this drug war in South America. That is why US is the biggest bomb shell for everyone.
edit on 5-8-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

From what I've read they are on opposing sides of the "leak game." Asange wants full disclosure whereas Snowden wants redacted info leaked. Privacy of the people. I'm not an expert, that's just my understanding so take it for what it's worth.

So yes, I do think they could have a bit of a rivalry.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I'm half and half about this, i think one the one hand just leaking it all out would put it on the table for all to see. On the other hand, i agree with not just putting it out as it could cause some strife we have no clue as to what the results might extend.

I guess we'll see what happens soon, i just hope they don't drag it out for too long. The suspense is killing me.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The reason for this is because majority of the population has woken up. Any talk about a new cold war is stupid, it would totally prove they are lying. It can cripple economy and a major lost on travel agencies and tourism. We aren't really in a true cold war. If we were, there would be no tourists at all. Especially Chinese or Russians coming from Asia.

A true cold war would be meaning massive strict borders by the military around the countries. It is just US MIC stretching muscle into others Territory. The whole Asia isn't in a proper alliance. Neither do civilians supporting what US gov is doing. All I can say is they don't care about the civilians. The one that are pulling the strings will hide in bunkers in hopes US, NATO dominate the world and implant NWO. We all know US system is a massive failure, constantly relying on Military Complex just to survive when the real threat comes from within and outside of Earth(space).

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Yup, i know. It's all just a great big tangled meshiva!
edit on 8/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

We CAN'T take on the "Silicons" in the earth's CRUST as a RACE much less the country...NOT to mention actual alien fight has NOT worked I read a story about an A-team who had one of their members fire on a Grey with an Fn FAL.308 rifle point back range.
The story goes the being got up and slapped the rifleman sending him flying.
I don't think actually FIRING on ANY unknown being is a good idea,unless you are being attacked and have NO choice.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The term Cold War brings to mind the great game when the world was divided into two even sided supported by two global powers. What we have now is a regional dispute. And a minor one at that. Russia is no longer a global power that can go to toe to toe with the US across the world. It's influence is limited and its friends are few.

Neither side has done anything to prepare for any possible hostilities. Russia to even consider a large war would have to extend the 1 year contracts for the conscripts that make up most of its military and activate and begin preparing its reserves. Not only has it done none of these things it even is cutting defense spending because of economic problems. Russia can not win a conventional war. And a nuclear one has no point.

NATO also has done nothing. A small amount of rotating troops spread among several nations as feel good measure but, no deployment of any significance.

Russian goals are to get out of the Syrian mess, get out of the Ukraine mess, get out of the sanctions mess, get out of China stealing away the the Former Soviet Central Asian Republics, regain some sort of global clout, fix the economy, reform the military, stop the US and China from grabbing is arms markets, and try and crack down on corruption. It has enough problems without trying to get the nation into war fighting shape.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I think it's the cell phones..I vote STUPID.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Indeed he STILL IS..www.eutimes.net...

I wonder how much a space force race will cost?

www.defenseone.com...
edit on 6-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join