It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Western Media Ignoring The New Cold War? (w/Guest: Stephen Cohen)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well the original Cold War was just a fear psy-op

not to mention a way to spend more money of military, last i checked are tax dollars pay for that

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

I care why? It's not like you guys ever treat me with respect anyways.

first off i dont know why you keep saying you guys?

im not part of a gang.

second maybe look inward on why you dont get respect

Whatever. It's funny how you guys always start talking about me and my posting habits when I say things that make you uncomfortable. And yes I do mean YOU GUYS, because this has become a stupid trend with people talking to me these days. Y'all think that telling me how much you hate me and annoy me is somehow relevant to the thread topic. Get over yourself. If you don't like me. Fine, but derailing a thread to say so is low class.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks for adding this,

I like how Putin is giving credit where credit is due, while addressing the important issues head on.
One of the only Reasonable World Leaders left.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

as soon as I finished reading the OP though I havn't watched OPs video just yet...

I was going to post that video.

No matter what you think of Putin and Russia. Even if you think he's Hitler or something. He's expressing in grave tone that Russia is backed into a corner...

Watch that putin video guys.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Well the original Cold War was just a fear psy-op

not to mention a way to spend more money of military, last i checked are tax dollars pay for that

Glad you finally see what I'm talking about. So why are you supporting the ramping up of Cold War 2.0 rhetoric knowing this?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Regarding the infamous Putin video

Nothing happens in a vacuum.

Russia and Putin have had a hand in the latest Cold War 2.0 festivities.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

if people are to change the system they must know all tactics. historical , and present. you down playing them ,because your soooo smart doesnt help, only hurts.

but at least we got to see how cool you are online.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Hey you are free to wallow in fear all day. I happen to know that the world isn't that bad and Russia really isn't to be feared. If they are, the appropriate people in Washington are already aware of it. Telling the populace just causes unrest and distrust. It isn't productive. Especially if there isn't a credible threat. Or do you think we should return to McCarthyism?

PS: I know I'm cool online

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: awareness10

Oh great another post talking about my posting history, and this one piggy backing off of telling me I'm OT, which is itself OT. Man y'all just can't let it go. It may be time to report this activity to the mods since y'all can't ever discuss a topic without ad homineming me.

PS: Y'all are the ones who freaked out on me. I just came in to make a joke and y'all jumped down my throat for it.

didnt your father teach you snitches get stitches?

i like how you didn't say it was a joke until your bs was called out.

to the op

i think this not a cold war but a warming up war if that makes sense

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Its literally my first post in the thread. A sarcastic remark on someone wanting to inject more fear into the media's already over fear-obsessed lineup. Sorry but I just don't like hyperbolic fear. It's dumb and unproductive. I know this upsets you and you think it is off topic, but tough #. I'm going to talk about it anyways.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hello, allow me to interupt this thread for a moment...

The topic of this thread is about Cold War II in the real world. Not the cold war seemingly brewing along nicely on ATS.

This thread is not about each others posting habits. So knock it off!!

Do Not Respond To This Post.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So what? That was back in May as you said. It is now August. Looks like there was nothing to be afraid of.

I am not going to debate with you, that's not my intention. Either you listened to the video, or you didn't, it seems you didn't, and no timeline is given, because the ball is still in touch...for now. Did you see anyone present there with a smile on their face?
Also there is the old video, (2007) included at the end, Putin used the words, "Aysmmetrical response" as part of his intentions, to me that means his methods will involve something akin to being able to neutralize anything that is lobbed at him, or worse.
As for your, "Looks like there was nothing to be afraid of" it looks like the western media were afraid to air that video.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So, anyways. What did the rest of you think about the Video's?

There's a war being waged here, and it's not all one sided. But it is rather Lop Sided, favoring one over the other. We're living in the best times ever in the history of Technological Advancement, yet we're being dumbed down by Idiots with too much power and money (your money) consequently.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Talk away, just don't expect a response from me.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

didnt your father teach you snitches get stitches?

No I'm pretty sure that was something I learned watching the Wire or Drug, Inc.

i like how you didn't say it was a joke until your bs was called out.

Sarcasm IS a joke. Just because I was serious with my sarcasm doesn't mean I wasn't being humorous. I still don't believe in this silly Cold War 2.0. So I see you failed to understand my point in your quickness to try to put me down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join