It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Sets Threatening Ultimatum against EU Migrant Deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Napolean died at waterloo. he wasnt that smart apparently.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

He died in exile after bouncing around British controlled island. You're right. Some aren't that smart. Although it was his major loss.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

He died in exile after bouncing around British controlled island. You're right. Some aren't that smart. Although it was his major loss.

Ahh Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Smarter than some for sure .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

I doubt Erdogan will be successful securing visas, my opinion is that he is going much too far obviously..also just want to state that I personally have been to Turkey and I think it 's a great nation, the people are very nice, and very welcoming..the food there is super and I like their tea beverages as well..just posting the article because no one seems to have noticed it, and i haven't seen this in any standard press source..when I state that Erdogan is showing his true colours I am referring to his attitude..and that's it..besides Turkish folk are actually quite caucasian looking, the problem with the possibility of the continued migrant issue is that radical extremists can more easily gain access to Europe..that's it..

ok thanks for explaining.

For what its worth , this is not how europe can be protected .

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

screw Turkey. I hate that country.

Always the jerk. Liars and back stabbers. I have no idea whose idea it was to try and get close to them. Arms length isnt far enough. Its a fools problem. Be strong with them. Sure they will respond in kind. Its all they know. Know it too.

Just dont trust them.

edit on 8 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They need to stop the in flows, and one way to do that is to re obtain sovereignty by leaving the eu..how many nations are opting for their own Brexit through referendum vote?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
The truth is Turkish Economy is heading towards 2 trillion GDP in next few years and projected to reach 8 trillion by 2030.

I like Turkey and been there twice. Nice people. Full of history and culture.

However, there is a danger that you are on the verge making Turkey into something it is not. The above quote is a good example.

Turkey’s economy (nominal GDP) is c. 750 bln USD and is growing at a modest 4% per annum. Assuming that the 4% is constant then the Turkish economy will be c. 1,300 bln in 15 years, not the 8 billion stated. Turkey’s economy is about the size of the Netherlands, but with a large population the average Turk is poor by European standards, but slightly richer than your average Russian if that’s a consolation.

Even if Turkey’s GDP was 2 billion, for it to expand to 8 billion in 15 years would require a constant annual growth of c. 10%, which is not going to happen.

I make these observations in the interests of ignorance denial and good maths. I hope they are taken in the spirit they are given.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

They need to stop the in flows, and one way to do that is to re obtain sovereignty by leaving the eu..how many nations are opting for their own Brexit through referendum vote?

NO doubt many countries are thinking when to abandon ship or when not to , too .

I am against bestowing individual Soverignties onto a fictitious entity which seems to be un-accountable for a good measure.

No , my soverignty belongs to me and I have a voice which is of equal to anyone else and I should be participating in the governing of my affairs fully , day to day , hour to hour if I must .

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The options are
1. accept Turkey into EU, Turks are encouraged not to assimilate and generally do not assimilate in the EU country they will go to. 70 million turks allowed to move about the EU. End result: EU separatism breaks the EU apart

2. a. dont accept Turkey. take in the refugees, more terrorism, more welfarism, acceleration of the fall of western civilization. End result EU separatism breaks the EU apart.
b. dont accept Turkey. beef up the navy massively in the med, border controls and fences at greece and Bulgaria. stop refugees hold them at greek islands.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: 23432
The truth is Turkish Economy is heading towards 2 trillion GDP in next few years and projected to reach 8 trillion by 2030.

I like Turkey and been there twice. Nice people. Full of history and culture.

However, there is a danger that you are on the verge making Turkey into something it is not. The above quote is a good example.

Turkey’s economy (nominal GDP) is c. 750 bln USD and is growing at a modest 4% per annum. Assuming that the 4% is constant then the Turkish economy will be c. 1,300 bln in 15 years, not the 8 billion stated. Turkey’s economy is about the size of the Netherlands, but with a large population the average Turk is poor by European standards, but slightly richer than your average Russian if that’s a consolation.

Even if Turkey’s GDP was 2 billion, for it to expand to 8 billion in 15 years would require a constant annual growth of c. 10%, which is not going to happen.

I make these observations in the interests of ignorance denial and good maths. I hope they are taken in the spirit they are given.

No worries mate , I see where you are coming from .

Get any 7 Economists and ask them a question and you shall get 7 different answers as they say .

Perhaps few points i should make ;

Most Turks own their own homes & lands free of mortgages and most Turks have good chunk of Gold in in their possessions.

Currently Government is giving grants and interest free loans to anyone who wants to set up business and young Turkish people are taking advantage of these programs .

I would think in few years Turkish Economy will start issueing Islamic Bonds [ Interest Free ] and to this end a finance center where 40000 people are going to work is being built as we type , so to speak .

You see the performance expectation of Turkish economy is based upon conventional assumptions & projections .

I would argue that with non standart variables taken into account the 8 billion could become a conservative estimate . .

An exponential growth is likely to occur due to " usury - free , islamic bonds " and 1.8 billion anticipating customers are already awating eagerly .

As long as " West " treats Islam the way it does ; Muslim money comes to Turkey as a last safe harbour .

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Never mind, no point talking to a radical Islamist who thinks he is superior.

Enjoy your false superiority mr Erdogan follower, Europe won't accept your threats, guaranteed.

edit on 4-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: no point, changed words

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Whilst the rhetoric might be a little "strong" the fact is that here we have a member of long standing named 23432 with millions of stars promoting a friggin caliphate! What separates you, mr muslim 23432, from all the other Islamic psychopaths the west has to deal with?

Nothing, that is what, you keep quiet until you feel you have enough power and then you jump up and scream at the top of your voice!

Erdogan is taking you to the wastelands of the middle east, be assured of that.

Caliphate promotion is not againt the Law , last I checked .

Caliphate is an organisation that work for the benefit of human beings .

You ask what separates me from pyschopaths , well , not being a pyschopath helps .

Erdogan is a phenomenally successfull politician elected by % 52 and he called his supporters onto streets in Turkey about 3 weeks ago and asked them to keep a vigil , everynight untill further notice .
People flocked to the streets and fulfilled Erdogan's desires to show rothschild family what they are up against should they insist on overthrowing his government.

This site here is to deny ignorance ; not to bring your prejudices .

Perhaps you should visit some other suitable sites to barf your odious rant ?

edit on 4-8-2016 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I changed my post precisely because I did not want to engage you in conversation. And now after answering you I shall once again walk away from you.

I am not odious, not in any way as odious as you appear to be.

edit on 4-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: changed to indirect

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

What radical ?

It is not a threat but a promise.

Have you ever given any thought to how msm brainwashed you into what you think ?

All the rothschild media rubbishes Erdogan , you dont smell anything ?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I changed my post precisely because I did not want to engage you in conversation. And now after answering you I shall once again walk away from you.

I am not odious, not in any way as odious as you appear to be.

hmm , hit and run , eh ?

pls stop trolling and flaming .

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

What could Turkey do? Send more immigrants?

<< 1   >>

join