It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Raised Record Breaking $80 Million in July

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks like the Trump Campaign is alive and well.

They raked in $80 million in July.

More than the Hillary/DNC Campaign apparently.

Here I thought Trump was finished and I was believing all the MSM stories this week.

TRUMP CAMPAIGN RAISED RECORD BREAKING $80 MILLION IN JULY

The Trump campaign has just released their financial statements for the month of July, and it’s looking pretty bright from a donation-raising standpoint. The campaign stated “it raised $80 million in July, has $74 million cash on hand,” according to reports by Reuters. The numbers mark a sharp jump from June, when Trump’s campaign raised about $51 million total.

Meanwhile, the Washington Post is reporting that the “Clinton campaign had best fundraising month yet, with $63 million haul in July.”

Here’s the press release, which was uploaded to the Donald J. Trump campaign website:........

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Great! Now let's see those tax returns!!!!!!! 80 million, and he's crazy, and narcissistic! I
edit on 3-8-2016 by kurthall because: None

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Actually the 63 mil was just the Clinton Campaign, the DNC raised another 27 mil, bringing her total to 90 mil, Trump is still lagging.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

How is $80 million record-breaking? Romney brought in $101 million in July 2012.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So where is all of this money going? I thought Trump got free advertising every time he opened his mouth, so it can't be going toward that part of the campaign because he gets free ad time.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If he uses the money efficiently with precise on time on target focus he can do way more damage than having 100's of millions that is misguided like Bush. That moron spent soo much money and never once hit the target. He might as well have been shooting arrows blind folded between his legs at targets 500 meters away.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So where is all of this money going? I thought Trump got free advertising every time he opened his mouth, so it can't be going toward that part of the campaign because he gets free ad time.

Did you read, it has 74 million cash, unspent.

Packing arenas every day across the country costs money.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Wasn't it like 30 million, now it's 80? Either way, I saw reports claiming Romney raised over 100 million July of 2012.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
These numbers confuse people. The big number is the total joint Candidate/Party haul. The divide comes from big money donors an mall money donors. Big money donors donate to the party where it is divided up because it breaks rules to go to just the candidate. Small money donors money goes straight to candidate.

Trump/GOP brought in $80 million total. $38 million is small money donors going straight to Trump. $42 million came from big money donors of which some will end up with Trump and the rest among other parts of the Party.

Clinton/DNC brought in $90 million total. $63 million in small money donors going straight to Clinton. $27 million came from big money donor of which some will end up with Clinton and the rest among other parts of the Party.

So really there are 3 numbers to keep in mind. People always get confused and compare the wrong ones.

edit on 3-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The crazy part is he is drawing in some that likely are not voting for him. Just going to see the show. He's going to turn some of those, not many but some. Let's say he turns 5%. That's close to a quarter of a million give or take. That is going to be a big deal when the votes are tallied. Voter fraud can tip the scale some but there is a limit and voter fraud only works in swing states, not in red ones. If he can tip the scale some in the swing states it could get nail biting tight. I still think he will lose but I give him an A for effort.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, it looks like he might be able to turn a profit after all (on the personal loan that he provided to his campaign at the start). It was starting to look pretty bleak until he backtracked on the early promise of solely "self funding" his campaign.

Personally, I think that was his main goal to begin with. I think his ego desires to be "the only candidate to ever make a personal profit on a Presidential campaign in U.S. history", and I think that's going to be his main talking point when he's hitting the talk show circuit after the election.
edit on 8/3/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
Well, it looks like he might be able to turn a profit, on the personal loan that he provided to his campaign, after all. It was starting to look pretty bleak until he backtracked on the early promise of solely "self funding" his campaign.

Personally, I think that was his main goal to begin with. I think his ego desires to be "the only candidate to ever make a personal profit on a Presidential campaign in U.S. history", and I think that's going to be his main talking point when he's hitting the talk show circuit after the election.

Which is a good thing. He exposes how politicians cash in, unravels how they are able to amass millions of dollars while drawing an upper middle class income if they are already in office. Oh, and you know he will write a book and make 10's of more millions off of it. Chump change to him but you are correct. He will be in the black.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Which is a good thing. He exposes how politicians cash in...

Not really.

Most politicians don't make personal loans to their campaigns, especially with early promises of "self funding" only.

It was a calculated business lie. He knew all along that he would open it up to donations eventually, and he's probably going to make back his loan with interest.

As TinfoilTP pointed out, "74 mil cash unspent", and he'll be sure to keep that "unspent" number high enough to pay himself back with added interest (even if it "arguably" costs him the election).
edit on 8/3/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

How is $80 million record-breaking? Romney brought in $101 million in July 2012.

Yup.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

He is gaining in his goal toward profit as a campaigner.
Just a quick look at the disbursements in July that went to Trump holdings:

TAG Air, Inc. $466,464 (TRAVEL: AIR)
Trump National Golf Club $21,330 (rental)
Trump Tower Commercial, LLC $110,684 (rent)
Trump Restaurants, LLC $1000
Trump Ice, LLC $428
Trump Plaza, LLC $9000 (rent)
Trump CPS, LLC $6000 (rent)

Total $614,906

All paid with donations from his loyal supporters. This doesn't include all of the payroll he collected himself, or paid to his family.

Seems like a murky area in campaign finance law.

This is from an article in May, when he was still 'self-financing'.

While candidates often gain recognition from running for president, they are barred from enriching themselves directly from their campaigns.

“It is something to keep an eye on,” she said, “because as soon as you start using campaign money that has come in from donors, not just the money that he has loaned to himself, and he uses it for something that he will personally keep, or his family will personally keep, that is what crosses the line.”

link

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
He is gaining in his goal toward profit as a campaigner.

Seems like a murky area in campaign finance law.

Eeeeeexactly.

Donald John Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Trump.

Although hilarious, I always found Mike Judge's movie Idiocracy frighteningly prophetic.

I just thought we'd have at least a few more decades until we had a major party candidate with a brand name for a name.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I will like to see a break down of the money, to see how much is coming from the private sector and foreign investors.

He is after all business man and knows how to capitalize on resources.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He dont have to relece those
Plus hes still being awdited so, he shoulnt have too

I say goof for Trump! at leece its not money from corperatuns

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Here is the link to the FEC filing for July. The link is to page 1 of 53. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

I scan a few pages the donations are all less than 3 thousand dollars, so far, where are the big money donations or they don't have to show that ones.

Because for what I am seen so far is just regular joes.

How Hillary's look like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join