It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA out to starve humanity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
After years of reading about PETA and it's activities, I finally understand what their goal is:

Nothing less than the mass starvation of the human race!

Seriously, where does all this end? Bread is murder?

Here are a couple of links to start your own investigation:

PETA.org

PETA saves the chickens

[edit on 1/19/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They must be part of the New World Order's plans to cut world population by 5/6ths.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They must be part of the New World Order's plans to cut world population by 5/6ths.

By God, I think you've just supplied the missing piece of this puzzle

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If we stop killing animals for food, what will I feed my dogs...

Obviously they only care about vegetarian animals...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket

I'm sure that once they get all meat banned, plants will be next.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Of course, they'll be able to enslave you more easily without your Rottweilers and Pit Bulls protecting you!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am a member of a conspiracy PETA
People Eating Tasty Animals
our credo is this
if God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.....

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I had a teacher in high school that was involved with PETA.

She also worshipped chickens, skipped school on the Solstices, Full Moons, and Friday the 13th, was a lesbian, believed God was a woman, and claimed to want to shoot Christians and blow up churches.

We got her fired.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3

She also worshipped chickens, skipped school on the Solstices, Full Moons, and Friday the 13th, was a lesbian, believed God was a woman, and claimed to want to shoot Christians and blow up churches.

We got her fired.

There's nothing wrong with taking the Solstices off....nothing at wrong with Friday the 13th and nothing wrong with the feminine side of deity...nothing wrong with her being gay either. I hope those are not the reasons she was fired...that's extremely wrong! Now, wanting to shoot anyone, especially fro a choice of religion,...very wrong!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by southern_cross3

We got her fired.

There's nothing wrong with taking the Solstices off....nothing at wrong with Friday the 13th and nothing wrong with the feminine side of deity...nothing wrong with her being gay either. I hope those are not the reasons she was fired...that's extremely wrong! Now, wanting to shoot anyone, especially fro a choice of religion,...very wrong!

Professing all of this to high school students would be wrong!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
No...not all of them at all...being gay, yes...and wanting to kill anyone...yes. The others no!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

They don't believe in keeping animals as pets.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
But even less substantive.

I'm neither a PETA fan nor detractor, but the logic that the promotion of vegetarianism is an attempt to starve the world couldn't be further from the truth.

Meat is the unnecessary luxury that deprives. I'm not saying I don't eat it, but I'm not blind to the facts of the ultimate "protein factory in reverse."

If you hunt and eat deer, quail or fish...good for you. This does not apply to naturally developed wild animals that feed themselves off the land while providing an invaluable service in the cycle of nature themselves.

But farm raised meat borders on madness. Setting aside the grotesque alterations to evolution we've accomplished in just the last few decades to bovine, swine and fowl that couldn't hope to fend for themselves, much less walk in nature...look at the protein costs. The substantive nutriants we expend in raising feed by the tons and tons for sustanance over the life of these gorged abominations of nature is a travesty considering starvation is rampant on parts of the globe.

Millions if not billions of human beings live at or near the danger level for starvation and we talk about a world crisis of available food, the decline of farms, etc. etc.... while we feed many, many, many times the amount of protein needed to feed the population of several planets our size in plant-protein to livestock in order to one day extract a paltry amount of meat protein as a luxury item.

If memory serves, chickens require about 40 times the protein they produce in a lifetime of otherwise human edible nutriants and cows are something off the chart. Like hundreds of times the protein factory in reverse. I understand the concentration effect that a bite of chicken can sustain you longer than a bowl of rice, but that's also not how the west eats anymore. Our version of chinese food (for example) is a joke. We overeat meat to our own demise. To the point it's not good for us, and it's horrible for the planet.

Think of it like the Total cereal commercial. Next time you sit down to a steak, think of the silo (if not silos) of grain it took to make that cut. And the village it could have fed for a year instead of you at one sitting.

Then cluck your tongue about PETA trying to starve the world.

Bottom line: There is no shortage of food on this planet. We just feed MOST of it to cows.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Threads like this make me sad. It shows the damage that persons with extremist veiws do to an otherwise sane and reasonable concept, i.e The Ethical treatment of Animals.
Im sure the majority % see reason and fairness and moral obligation to treat animals, food or otherwise, ethically, kindly.
Unfortunately even such simple concepts quickly become clouded with by-issues such as meat eating, vs vegetarianism, and folk get worked up and become illigocical at the mere mention of it.
overall PETA is a well meaning org with SOME quite reasonable veiws, peppered with some less reasonable ones, and like any organisation, its made up of folk with different veiws, and some of them are extreme veiws by the measure of most.
Its these factors which now cause the same reaction at the mention of PETA thats generally reserved for the mention of TERRORISM or HITLER,
i.e extreme reactions.
These extreme reactions do the same damage to the original concept as the extremist veiws do, they turn away folk from the original and reasonable message. many of those who immediatly start shouting about steaks etc and similar nonsense show clearly the oversight of the original concept and focus on heated by-issues which detract from it.
Those who enjoy a steak for the most part, will no more torture the cow than those who call it murder.
Sadly spreading the message of ethical treatment of animals has become deeply mired in the muck of veg v's meat arguments and this doesent leave much room for the enlightenment of the real targets, those being folk who consider poor treatment of animals the acceptable norm.
slanderous silly threads like this one do no service to animals, food or otherwise, bears tortured for bial for example, which even those partaking of such threads disagree with.
this is not denying ignorance, but encouraging it, as the sport of animal welfare bashing. please ignore extremist veiws but do not help destroy the education of many regards ethical treatment of animals by blurring the real issue.

Well put Rant !

[edit on 083131p://00018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
instar, I agree with you. But PETA is a militant organization. It's not just some of them who want to ban all use of animals by humans, it's their group's platform. As a Christian, I believe God intended us to eat meat, but also made us their shepards. We should be respectful of them and treat them as humanely and allow them to live the best lives possible before slaughter.

But PETA has a completely different agenda. They want to stop all use of animals by humans. This includes meat, milk, eggs, leather and wool. They want to stop all hunting and fishing. Many even want to stop equestrian activities and the keeping of pets. PETA has, at least tacitly, approved use of violence and terrorism against farms they find particularly repugnant such as foie gras farms. I have personally donated money to the ASPCA and other animal-rights organizations because I truly believe we as humans have the responsibility to treat them as well as possible, but PETA takes this way too far and I would never support them at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Forgive my memory, but it seems to me PETA (or in the name of) bombed some "target" on 9-11. I don't think it was major news that day..probably got buried as "also-ran".

Reminds me of the schmucks shooting/killing doctors because they performed abortions.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I liked their newest little campaign "Holocaust on Your Plate," devised by Peta.

"They had 60-square-foot panels displaying gruesome scenes from Nazi death camps side by side with disturbing photographs from factory farms and slaughterhouses. One shows a starving man in a concentration camp next to a starving cow."

I understand animals should not be abused, but I dont think it should be compared to the Holocaust. I think PETA makes things like this just to piss people off because its the only way they get attention. In that respect it does indeed work but if they think they are winning anyone over to their side with this stuff they are wrong.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"Bread is Murder." It like that. It will become my motto, my mantra. I will emblazon it o'er by threshold. A dozen bumper stickers with this motto of every size, shape, and color will adorn my car. T-shirts will I wear to spread the word to the ignorant masses of the world.

Oh, wait. I forgot. I already have a motto. "Iced tea, no lemon."

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
PETA is sometimes more abusive than they are helpful. I have friends who dog show and alot of these people have special trailers equipped with heat and air for their dogs.

PETA people will come by and "release" the dogs to "freedom". Now, what happens when dogs are set loose near roads???? So, many of these dogs are "released" to their death.

I am sitting here typing with an ex show dog on my lap. She will then go sleep with one of my kids. She has a darn wardrobe to keep her from shivering. Tell me that is worse than being let "free".

PETA sensationalizes alot of things, though sometimes they do reveal truth. The truth is lost since they are so over the top, people assume they are just psycho.

I don't eat veal. I cannot bring myself to it. Veal is honestly cruel. I do eat beef and I do eat chicken. Though I do buy free range chicken, though it is about 3x's more expensive. We buy a half a cow, have it slaughtered to our choice cuts and I KNOW it is a cow that has been a cow. It is one of our cleaning lady's cattle. Their cattle are mainly grass and hay fed. The meat does taste a bit different. No hormones though.

The PETA people I know believe that all cattle should be put to death as they destroy the earth by grazing. Whatever. Though I know someone who has horses(as I do) and is a member of PETA. She is one who wants her horses, but cattle should be extinct. Nonsensical to me. Other PETA people think no animal should be a pet. I know my horse is blissfully happy with her life. She has lovely fields to be out in, a warm stall, a warm blanket, lots of hay. What's to hate?

PETA is on the same level as radical anit-abortionists who bomb abortion clinics and kill MD's who preform them.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
While I dont nessesarily agree with the holocaust thing, I cant say I really disagree with this statement if Im honest with myself, as painful as it is.

"In relation to them [animals], all people are Nazis; for them it is an eternal Treblinka" -- a death camp in Poland.

atleast in regards intensive farmed animals and some others. I guess what PETA really cannot understand is how a person can watch a fur seal slaughter, being clubbed to death and say, omg its so cruel, yet say so what about a similar practice. Ethical treatment isnt only for certain creatures is it?
i do agree that PETA has gone way too far, no doubt it, but PETA bashing,
encourages denial of animal welfare in general as a valid issue.

[edit on 093131p://01019 by instar]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join