It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax meat until it’s too expensive to eat, new UN report suggests

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickatnoon61
a reply to: chiefsmom

Nope the jUN is run by JEWS not IDIOTS. I have the solution to SLAUGHTERHOUSES. Convert them so 2-legged CATTLE can be slaughtered then eaten by other FLESH-EATING ZOMBIES. Then SLAUGHTER them til there is no flesh-eating zombies left over. Don't bother to thank moi for the ANSWERS!

And here I was, thinking I was being a jerk.

You're welcome to your opinion, just like anyone else.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ugh, you're just unwilling to debate or attempt to think of a solution to the problems i presented. You're awnser to everything is either "dont infringe on my rights, or your an authoritarian".

I'm not a rothschild or future president, I have no ability to make massive changes in the world. I'm simply talking about considering population reduction as a means to solve many problems.

Are you able to discuss that without resorting to "don't take my rights", or do just not have the capabilty to philosophize in such a way?

I don't compromise when discussing rights.

If you do, then they really aren't rights or freedoms.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ever heard of Catholicism?
No birth control and push out a unit about once a year. Twins if you can.

Yeah, that's why their birthrates are around I think it was 1.7. They'll catch up quick lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Your crazy if you think I will pay more for meat to help the food feel better before it dies. Its goddamn food, I don't cared what it goes through as long as it gets on my plate and is safe to eat after I make it taste so so good.

I can get two big mac, 20 pieces of chicken nuggets, 3 fries and 3 drinks for like barely $15 at McDonalds. Two for $3 menu is rather nice too now. Im saving a dollar on two big macs. If we have to start giving these animals all this space, and devise ways to stop them from attacking each other (chickens are vicious as hell when you give them space to roam and interact with each other) my value menu goes bye bye. I like my value, just the same way others love their High Fructose corn syrup (I hate it) . I think we should go back to using sugar cane sugar instead of corn sugars, but Im not going to mandate it, because I love my PEPSI!

You cant sell logic, it will always lose to emotion. Instead, you have to repackage the logic of the message into an emotional response. That is the key to reaching the mass audience. And shaming us with visualizations of tortured chickens and pigs and cows wont do. It needs to "feel great to substitute one meat meal a week with vegetables" . We need to see people driving in those cars along a coastal highway, not biting into a burger, or smoking a cigarette, but snacking on an apple, or carrot.

The solutions to the goals you seek are in marketing. You need to sell those good feelings every time someone sees a commercial that promotes this diet and or recommends sustainable raised meat. Even if you got to bull# it!

It could be like this college freshman type right, and hes at the frat party, and there are cute chicks smiling at him right. Hes got a beer in a hand while he decides what to eat? Does he grab for the hot dogs? A handful of chips? Hot wings?? NO! He loads up and broccoli and carrots with some ranch dressing to dip. And thats when the hot chick, EYES WIDE WITH ADMIRATION, walks up to him with a smile, and is like "Hi! I'm [some girl], lets dance"
And it fades out with them on the dance floor with everyone, and its like "chicks dig guys who eat well" or some other bull# science if you want. But its that emotional dramatization playing out, that is what your audience will receive and associate.

So thats my best answer, marketing. It brought us Bacon and eggs as a traditional breakfast, and made automobile ownership synonymous with freedom! Never underestimate clever propaganda.
edit on 8/3/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I predict that this tax will cause an increase in gun sales as more people who decide to hunt for their own food. On a side note . . . they will be hunting illegally on their neighbors' properties since they will also not be able to afford the hunting license, gun license, gun registration, ammo license, ammo tax, and whatever other bs the government can find to charge them for.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
My question is what are they going to do with all the cattle and the arid grasslands of wyoming, colorado, montana, south dakota, north dakota, etc?

My family has a ranch in southern wyoming and like 80 to 90% of the land is un farmable. Too much rock, sand, poor soil, and you have a short growing season on top of all that. Cattle and other animals do well in that environment though.

I love how vegans say eating meat is terrible for you and the planet. Well the plains indians primarily ate buffalo and did well. Plus there were tons of buffalo out here too, you know farting methane and what not.

The biggest contributer to climate change is deforrestation, fossil fuels and a booming human population. Can we stand to eat less meat? Sure but it wont make as much a difference as switching over to solar or wind power.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, I've been thinking about this and other peoples responses. (Except for the vegans, happy for you, won't ever be one!)

How would the UN even be able to stop people from raising their own meat source? Heck, most towns will let you have a few hens at home now.

And I just realized I eat all kinds of bugs, and I'm fine with that.
They just happen to be filtered through my chickens first.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That'll work. Just like raising tax on tobacco products stops people from buying them.

Money. The curse of mankind.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

thats funny. All the tax hike on cigs did was create a black market.

also it pissed people off since we have a crap infrastructure to show for all the taxes we already pay. Make them angry, please.

taxes, the empire slayer

edit on 8 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Page 9 and I'm wondering, did anyone bother to check the source?

The link leads to 4 documents and a quick and dirty search shows that only one of them even has the word tax in it and it says:

Elimination of subsidies (or tax arrangements) that encourage unsustainable production or practices.

Oh well.
edit on 4-8-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
taxing meat is a stupid idea - if they're going to tax anything, it should be the stuff proven to be bad for us, things like dairy and grains - things we don't need. they should incentivise growing vegetables instead. lots of different types of veg, healthy high quality meat, and healthy fat is all we need in our diets. anything else we can do without, and if that saves the planet so much the better.

we don't need to eat milk and cheese, and we don't need to eat grains - think of all that extra land we'd get back for growing veggies or healthier meat.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you go to the source it was a Danish ethics council and they were talking about Denmark not anywhere else (YET anyway)

www.thelocal.dk... ax-to-help-climate/source=acsh.org

from the article:

The council's suggestion was met by immediate resistance from the Danish Agriculture and Food Council (Landbrug & Fødevarer). “A climate tax would require a massive setup in the public sector and the food industry while the effects would be minimal,” spokesman Niels Peter Nørring told Berlingske Business, adding that climate change can only be addressed at a global level. A spokesman for governing party Venstre said the government is very unlikely to act on the council's suggestion, calling it "a bureaucratic monster" that would have limited effect. "Maybe it would get beef consumption to fall in Denmark, but it wouldn't do much of anything for the world's CO2 emissions," Thomas Danielsen told broadcaster DR. The Danish Council of Ethics in an independent body that advises parliament, ministers and other public authorities on ethical issues.

Also states was met with immediate resistance and is very unlikely (for now anyway) to be implemented.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well...YEAH ,how else are you going to render the worlds populations into more Docile Epsilons and make them PAY for it as you proceed?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Since they have shown themselves to be inhuman for a long time, maybe we should eat them instead of steak.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So how soon until this creates a black market where poaching becomes economically viable?

Odds are anything that isn't a pet, too small/gamey, or unpalatable, will become scarce. Currently the law doesn't take to hunting waterfowl the poor way (bat and breadcrumbs) vs. the rich person way (shotgun and pedigree dogs), but I suspect Canada geese and ducks would be among the first to see the hit if nonsense like this is implemented. (They're still pretty tame/dumb and don't really try hiding.) Deer, rabbit, and squirrel would probably be next, as they're tasty despite being more wily. If the situation is bad enough, animals to be put down at shelters may be secreted away for butchering.

They can talk all they want, but people that enjoy eating meat will still find a way to get their fix.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Too much brainwash fat Americans destroying the world. We all know who is going first with Soylent green. America consumes more than China and it only has a quarter of population compare to China. That is how bad Americans are becoming. We don't even eat real American food anymore as much as GMO and fake processed food. What happened to Corn cobs, salads, stews, etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Why not? World population needs reduction. It's one thing i agree about agenda 21.

We torture and kill way too many animals for what? For more humans to simply exist? It's not morally right. If you EVER want highly-intelligent extraterrestrials to communicate with humanity on a nation-wide basis, then you will not support the torture of animals and overpopulation of human-kind.

Intelligent beings will not communicate with a human population that has very little compassion for lesser lifeforms.

Being a dog or cat lover does not count. Many animals have the intelligence of a dog or cat. If not much more so. They have the emotional intellect to feel higher emotions.

Unless human poplulation evolves beyond primal carnavoire, violent instincts, and petty emotions, it will never have a place in this universe. We WILL always be viewed as half-inteligent apes.

So, raise the price of meat so that thousands of people starve because, aliens?
Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?
Do you see the hypocrisy of your argument calling for a reduction of the human population by starvation, in order to save livestock?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Starvation would be a cruel way to reduce population. However, something should be done about human population. Unless you want your childrens children to live in a world where no animals live good lives, there is poor nutrition, a polluted environment and overcrowded areas.

There is no reason that humans need to be having an ever-growing population.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What a dumb idea. Borderline psychotic. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm a climate change believer and probably more left than most people who participate in discussions on sites like these. That stated this "tax meat out of existence" is pardon the pun, bologna. It is class warfare of the worst kind. The people that think up this crap in their committees should consider the reaction of the general public and hard working people like myself. This is the kind of thing that will hinder their efforts as the people that would be supportive turn against policies like these and demand our leaders do likewise.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join