It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax meat until it’s too expensive to eat, new UN report suggests

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

The only aliens I want to forge alliances with are like the ones from predators and Prometheus.
We shall repurpose all other life on Earth to be our food. Then we will hunt the stars for the Bin Ladens of the universe!

I happen to believe many of the industrious aliens would admire how efficient we have made our livestock production and distribution. Maybe they can help us with increasing and streamlining our aquaculture yields? Sushi is another great tasty delight. Snow crabs, scallops.

I so want sushi right now

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I'm not myopic for seeing no evidence for it. Maybe there is some future agenda, but it's not happening now. There is no anti-meat campaign, no big pro-veggie campaign, or anything like that.

If anything, the conspiracy is to keep human beings focused on low-quality meat and poor nuitrition through processed foods and lack of vegtables/fruits.

You're simply speaking of some shadow agenda without showing any evidence. I can show you plenty of evidence for my reasoning and even evidence towards the conspiracy i mentioned above.

I'm not asking for a research paper on this, just a solid argument.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I much rather earn the respect of higher civilization whose morals, ethics and intellect is high.

we shall repurpose all other life on Earth to be our food.

Yea, and what if another meat-eating uncompassionate society like ours eventually learns to travel the stars and decides that other life is lower and should be enslaved for work and food?

Do you really want to hope that some meat-eating animal-enslaving civilization with higher technology and war capablities will simply respect us for being like them?

If anything, they will see us as weaker, less intelligent animals who would make fine additions to their universal food supply and work force.

You're ideas are very naive. We should be attracting peaceful, highly compassionate civilizations. Not damn war-mongering brutes who stumbled upon FTL technology.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Sounds like total BS to me. If people really want to solve the population problem more taxes isn't going to do a damn bit of good. What we need is some kind of sterility for pay system. Don't want kids? Already have enough kids? Step into the Sterile'o-tron 9,000 and do your part to save the planet! The whole idea of trying to FORCE people into certain behaviour is as outdated as thinking that spitting on a wound will heal it. You can't MAKE people change, you can educate them and then offer them a choice. I just can't understand how the powers that be are not hip to human psychology.

The elephant in the room... Who is breeding out of control? India, Pakistan, the entire middle east, plus all of the immigrants. I have 2 kids and we stopping breeding. Muslims seem to have 3 to 12 kids and are trying to breed us out of existence. Supertax meats that have gone through a religious process, like halal and others. We're not the problem.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/3.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ever heard of Catholicism?
No birth control and push out a unit about once a year. Twins if you can.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
To all you meat eaters - you wont be invited to live on Mars.

Earth: the trash bin of the solar system.

Good, I hear the hunting and fishing on Mars sucks, so I have zero interest of going there anyway.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

well we would have to make them earn this meat now wont we??? Theres a high probability we are already being farmed by something seeing how our cities are built. You know these damn aliens just want our water. What we need to do is start deploying more space based defenses to stop aliens from stealing our water.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just for fun, here's the link to the UN's diningroom.

www.delegatesdiningroom-un.com...

Sheesh, got timed out for a while.

Great looking menu. Very high end.

Forget guns, hillary will take your bacon!!

Is this the UN that meets in NY? lol, as opposed to the other UN that meets in North Korea.

These idiots need to be fed kale and turnips. Microwaved.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Forget that , Hillary Will have to Take My Bacon From My Cold Dead Fingers !

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Forget that , Hillary Will have to Take My Bacon From My Cold Dead Fingers !

I would recommend a speed stampede of pigs and after it's done.... Luau.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Many believe that aliens have and still are visiting us. If that is true, there is a reason why they do not reveal themselves to the general public.

The reason may be that they are still waiting for humanity to evolve. To become a peaceful and compassionate society.

Putting oneself in anothers shoes is a strong sign of intelligence. Being able to have epathy and think of others goes beyond animalistic ego. Why would any highly intelligent civilization want to reveal themselves to a war-obssesed and torture-happy civilization like ours?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
a reply to: 191stMIDET

And for the most part, Gorillas eat insects not flesh.

People are conditioned to think eating insects is gross, much like they are conditioned to think eating meat is wonderful.

Supporting meat consumption because you grew up eating it and because everyone around you says its ok, doesn't make it so. Growing up I thought Christopher Columbus was a hero and our government was there to protect us. Boy was I wrong. Many things I thought were true, turned out wrong. Meat consumption is one of those things.

When they start cooking the little meat they do eat, be afraid.

Actually, they didn't evolve to eat meat. Do you know why?

Drop Bears on the other hand......

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I'm missing the joke.. Is it supposed to be suprsing that government officials eat well?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Imagine what this would do to third world countries?

It would take a massive amount of new crops to make up for the loss of calories and protein and even then starvation due to higher food prices would be a reality.

But then, perhaps they do see that it could lead to massive starvation
Idea's like this only work out well for those who can afford it and maybe these elitists would rather see those less fortunate gone. Did I say that? Sometimes I wonder.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

There are several meat producing countries that this could hurt. Australia and Brazil come to mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Like everything else, they'll tax meat and say that it is for your health.

But then they'll find that they need to tax something else.

Like veggies. Because they'll find something new to fret about.

Have you seen the price of potting soil!!???

If anything, people should slow down on fishing out the oceans, sustainable fishing.

Stupid pilgrims ate all the cod and lobsters that's why they are so expensive now.

I love my seafoods but I could go without if it helped bring back up the populations.

I steamed a mullet last nite for dinner. Excellent fish for that and cheap.

Anyway, what idiot politician would be behind this tax raise?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

taxes piss people off.

I say do it ass-hats. We need more angry mobs and for your goons to resent you.

Thanks for the help!

Obsolete and weak, predictable and encouraging.

Bring it on. They will eat bark today and what ever at your table tomorrow. Maybe you.

LOL

edit on 8 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Cruel animal farming is as terrible as an mass starvation of humans.

It doesn't have to resort to that though. We can reduce the population by reducing the number of babies to 1.

Less humans = less harm to the enviornment and less cruel animal practices.

There is no real argument for having this size of population. I would gladly choose the freedom of having as many babies as one wants in order to help the environment, habitats, and animal farming.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Authoritarian.

How dare you dictate how many children any couple should be able to have or want.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Protein exists in a variety of fruits and vegetables.

Seitan

Seitan is similar to lean meat when it comes to calorie content. Three ounces of cooked seitan contain about 130 calories, versus about 150 calories in 3 ounces in sirloin steak,

Seitan contains about 20 grams of protein in each 3-ounce portion, which is similar to the amount of protein in lean meat. For example, a 3-ounce portion of sirloin steak contains about 26 grams; 3 ounces of shoulder steak provide about 21 grams;

Although the amount of protein in seitan is similar to the amount of protein in lean meat, meat contains all of the essential amino acids your body requires each day from your diet, while seitan does not.

source

Even though Seitan isn't a complete protein, there are many plant options like quinoa, chia, and soy that are.

We have intelligence now (gained supposedly from eating meat). Let's use our intelligence to build a sustainable planet that is cruelty free. We can use our knowledge of nutrition (that our ancestors didn't have) to formulate the best meat free balanced diet. I'm sure our ancestors started hunting for food only out of necessity. It is no longer necessary.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join