It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax meat until it’s too expensive to eat, new UN report suggests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: blueman12

It would be funny if ET came in mass to farm humans just to show you you were wrong.

Wrong how? My point was that ETs would not communicate with us on a mass scale b/c the masses aren't intelligent, compassionate to lower life, and ethical in general.

If ETs would farm humans it would probably b/c we act like animals.

If we cannot show our seperation from animals (beyond human intellect) then how can we show ETs we are in a condition to communicate properly?
edit on 3-8-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

To be honest, your post shows the worst in human kind. Being proud of idiocy. Being proud that you torture animals for tasteful pleasure.

Deny ignorance is part of being an ATSer. Yet, you can't claim ignorance. You enjoy the fact that your eating tortured animals. Your statements go beyond ignorance.

Your aware and not the least bit shameful. Congrads on never attempting to evolve beyond your primal needs.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Why not? World population needs reduction. It's one thing i agree about agenda 21.

We torture and kill way too many animals for what? For more humans to simply exist? It's not morally right. If you EVER want highly-intelligent extraterrestrials to communicate with humanity on a nation-wide basis, then you will not support the torture of animals and overpopulation of human-kind.

Who decides by how much the human population is reduced? By what method (sterilization or euthanasia)? Which groups of people are selected? More importantly, why where they selected? Whose set of ethics/morals are you implementing in this global population reduction scheme? Is killing people just to kill people, or forced(?) sterility morally right?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They've already made it quite clear they want people to eat insects. This will be just one out of many subtly emasculating plays to harass the people. You'll eat insects because we tell you to, and you'll like it.

Hmpf..

(post by blueman12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

LoL... Yes.. That is the their plan.. They'll get the masses to eat insects....

No wonder conspiracy theorists are made fun of so often with theories like that.
edit on 3-8-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I don't torture animals, I kill them swiftly!

And calling people idiots for eating meat is quite childish.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

It's about your price where I am in Michigan for 90/10..

80/20 was 3.99 but Aldi was at a consistent 2.98..

So most stores have came down to 3.29 but there have been a lot of sales for 1.99lb..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Start with goats outlaw them first and go from there. Chicken and beef last Dogs and cats in the middle. Thats a start.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
maybe we can lump air conditioners into this punishment tax somehow.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How quickly would I become a rabbit and Guniea pig breeder? Oh, for pet, of course, *wink, wink*

Black market meat ... it's a tasty treat! And it pays the bills.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You are making the dangerous assumption that all ETs who might possibly communicate with us would be like Breatharians or something.

What if the ETs are in fact carnivores and eat meat themselves and than come here and watch what is a clearly omnivorous species fold all over itself in guilty hand-wringing in an attempt to deny part of its evolved nature?

Do you think we'd have any prayer of getting that species to respect us?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Meat consumption is bad for everyone on the planet. The pleasure of meat consumption is fleeting and unnecessary.

If you chose to eat meat purchased from a grocery store, it was likely produced on a factory-farm that participates in animal cruelty. The greenhouse gases produced by factory-farming is killing this planet.

The meat you consume, is also killing you. Red meat has been shown to cause cancer and heart disease, which are the two leading causes of death in America. If humans were meant to be eating red meat in such large quantities, it wouldn't make us sick.

Our closest relatives, chimpanzees and gorillas, are mostly vegetarian. They eat meat only a few times per year which is what we as humans should do as well. The Standard American Diet that is forced upon us from the food industry is inaccurate, causes disease, pollutes the planet, and is inhumane.

I admit, I once enjoyed eating steak. Lobster and filet mignon was my most favorite meal and I always said if I ever was on death row it would be my last meal. But I changed. I found new foods that are just as enjoyable but don't cause so much destruction.

I chose to not let food control my life. I eat logically, now. I refuse to participate in cruel, destructive activities.

edit on 3-8-2016 by primespickle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

and it only cost 34.99
next time i'm in NY i'm eating my Grass Fed Spiced Kobe Beef there, i wonder if they let me in in shorts and flipflops

errrr, maybe not

Forbes

There is no such thing as Kobe beef outside of the Japan. They do NOT export that beef and they do NOT export those cows. There are some Japanese breeds that are exported and raised in the U.S. and then any of this "Japanese beef" is often sold as "Kobe beef" and it's an absolute scam. Completely dishonest and unethical.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This tactic worked great for cigarettes ad alcohol.

Never see that stuff anymore.
edit on 3-8-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

bahaha get rekt. Even has caviar.

The US should tax the UN headquarters out of existence

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle

Great for you! And it's your choice.

Here's my perspective ... as I sit here eating some nachos made with leftover chili-beer braised pork shoulder.

We are all going to die. So no matter what I do to lengthen my life, I will die eventually. I can do everything people tell me to avoid this ... and it will still happen. Some of those things will make sense to me, so I will adopt them. Some of those things, will not make sense to me as they will dramatically curtail my quality of life for too little gain.

Completely giving up meat for a few more years of a life made less happy because I can't eat meat is one of those things.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse
You may want to update your reference.

Kobe, from Japan, can be found in both Canada and the US. It is extremely rare, and ridiculously expensive. Not worth it, in my humble opinion, and I have had it in Japan as well as in Canada

Here is a link to the Kobe Beef Association's (Japan) list of certified sellers/distributors.
Shop List

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Ok, I guess you missed my post. Voluntary paid Sterility. People who don't want kids and people who don't want more kids could have a free procedure and be paid for it. You have to help people WANT TO change, you can't force people into doing something like that.
edit on 3-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I just can't accept any outside agency, any agency, telling me, dictating to me, what I can and cannot eat!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join