It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Transit policeman charged with trying to help Islamic State: Washington Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Nicholas Young, 36, of Fairfax, Virginia, was arrested on Wednesday morning at police headquarters, the newspaper said. An indictment filed in federal court said Young sent a law enforcement source codes for mobile messaging cards that Young believed would be used by Islamic State fighters to communicate.

U.S. Transit policeman charged with trying to help Islamic State: Washington Post

Veteran Washington DC Metro Transit officer was arrested today and is being accused of plotting to help ISIS. Nicholas Young, at the request of an undercover agent, sent codes for mobile messaging cards that Young believed would be used by Islamic State soldiers overseas to communicate.

The Washington Post has the full story: Police officer for D.C. subway system accused of trying to help ISIS

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Worked for DC Transit Police for over a decade, was being monitored for years by FBI

heavy.com... -suspect-named-identified-metrorail-metro/

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My first thought: Oh look! The FBI has entrapped another poor schmuck. Get back to us when the FBI actually prevents a major incident close to being executed by actual terrorists and rounds up an actual cell. You know, of the thousands they say are already here.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
My first thought: Oh look! The FBI has entrapped another poor schmuck. Get back to us when the FBI actually prevents a major incident close to being executed by actual terrorists and rounds up an actual cell. You know, of the thousands they say are already here.

Why bother "getting back" about it? Ats will just declare it another patsy or patsies that got entrapped.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 3rd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

How would you know it was entrapment? Possibly, the person being investigated sought a co-conspirator and was provided with one. Sending the codes wasn't forced.

Try a second thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

By the time the FBI walks on a suspect after years of investigations, is because they already have the necessary prof of guilt.

That is how they work.

This are only the things we are allow to see and hear, the rest of the more damaging and horrifying suspects information are kept out of the eyes and minds of the "sensitive" population as not to create a mass hysteria.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Get back to us when the FBI actually prevents a major incident close to being executed by actual terrorists and rounds up an actual cell.

This is the primary reason the FBI gets such a bad rap . . . when they do their job correctly nobody hears about it. And they do this a far greater amount then they fail. But, the only thing the public hears about are the failures and high-profile "newsworthy" cases. Otherwise the potential terrorists out there would know what the FBI is doing to stop them.

Now I add my caveat . . . which is that we hear way to much of their screw-ups which is highly unacceptable.

new topics

top topics

join