It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: introvert

I clicked your link and in big bold letters at the top of the site, "The GOP's Trump freak-out"

Below that in a little square is a picture of some chick. Then I have to scroll down and read the small letters about the DNC CEO resigning.

Oh well, I guess it's better than not covering it. It's far more interesting than the fabricated story of Trump though.

Yah, quiet house cleaning going on, there. Three resignations so far. Is CNN even going to ask why they are resigning?

Nope, anti trump train full steam ahead. Another thread just kicked off here, too.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What about Mitt Romney? I think I'd actually vote for him over Hillary.

Nope. Still writing in Bernie.
edit on 8/3/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow
Will you promise to do the crawl if she wins?
Send pics!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow
a reply to: UnBreakable

Honestly, I don't care who the GOP candidate is. That isn't the point.

As it stands now, I'm voting for Donald and I think he'd make a very good chief executive for the nation. Chief executive is what he does, and he'd bring along excellent people (at least as compared to the people Obama brought - and Hillary would bring).

Whatever happens, I will crawl across broken glass to vote against Hillary. Period.

Except you do realize that as President Trump will need to have a majority of congress backing him in order to get anything done. Not likely to happen if he doesn't have the full backing of his own party.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'd Bail for Carson.
NO OTHER MAN, the rest are RINOS and EXACTLY the problem I have with the system and how it operates, I don't want another insider.
edit on 3-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408
When we paint a POTUS as having formulated and enacted 'DISASTERS', it is incumbent for me to know what those are.
He's not my kind of guy but disasters is a very strong word and multiply so.

To help calm the rhetoric, how about we all use words as they are intended.
en.wikipedia.org...

I do not feel we have fallen off a cliff. The fact that he has not performed the actions YOU thought necessary means YOU are disappointed and apparently quite upset. The facts (yeah, facts) are his Presidency would have fit a moderate Repulsicans agenda.

I'llbombya (I didn't say I liked him.) has been a huuuggge error to those of us who wanted actual progressive ideas to be implemented. Anyone who says elsewise, boo to you. He was at best a placeholder.

He's almost retired into history. Less than six months to go. Get another horse to deride. This mount is used up.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"PETER PRINCIPAL" came first and NO he isn't THAT.
He's from outside all that and THAT is why he's here,the OTHERS stopped listening, so came the TEA PARTY as WE intended it,NOT what the RNC/DNP said because we were DANGEROUS and could do THIS.
NOW we HAVE.
MAYBE they will listen NOW or WE get them, TRUMP included.
It's a DIAMETRIC response to P.C.
ANY GROUP will BE HAPPY to scream their favorite label and GO AHEAD.
We see them as cheers of victory.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: olaru12

"PETER PRINCIPAL" came first and NO he isn't THAT.
He's from outside all that and THAT is why he's here,the OTHERS stopped listening, so came the TEA PARTY as WE intended it,NOT what the RNC/DNP said because we were DANGEROUS and could do THIS.
NOW we HAVE.
MAYBE they will listen NOW or WE get them, TRUMP included.
It's a DIAMETRIC response to P.C.
ANY GROUP will BE HAPPY to scream their favorite label and GO AHEAD.
We see them as cheers of victory.

I will celebrate your victory along with you if it happens.

But I won't expect you to honor my "I told you so" banner when Donald pulls up lame and can't finish the race.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: intrptr

Trump has refused to endorse Paul Ryan the highest ranking GOP member . That's the very definition of division.
No one needs to make up a thing. The truth is playing out on the world stage and tv sets across the globe. Jesus who needs fiction. We have reality.

There are also rumors that Ryan has said he would work to undermine a Trump presidency from inside the House. If those are true, why would endorse him as the possible President in question? That would make no political sense at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ryan was temporarily charmed into agreeing with him in their private meeting. That's how psychopaths work. That's how manipulators do it. They can be utterly charming and convincing. That's what happened there.

Ryan got sucked in - even the most adept negotiator and knowledgeable person (knowing about how to recognize maniuplation) has buttons to be pushed and chains to be yanked by the masters. Ryan got over it, though.

Thankfully. He was able to brush himself off and return to business as usual - with the help of his posse.

edit on 8/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Carson is no better prepared than Trump is.
Neither of them seems to grasp the gravity of the job description.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reports are saying that if they can force Donald Trump out, they would have to get the delegates to vote again on an alternative . I would guess the alternative would be Ted Cruz, who is even more unprintable than Trump. Cruz is further right than Trump, and has religious ridiculousness built in to his campaign platform.

Unfortunately, even if the GOP were to get rid of Trump, alternative candidates aren't necessarily a better choice.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

You may have to crawl over me.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well if Trumps behavior in the last weak does not have everybody questioning his current mental state then that would be a great surprise. That as he falls further behind that he might rage quit to avoid the humiliation of crushing election defeat is completely within Trumps personality. So the GOP has to prepare.

Trump is either cracking under pressure or is throwing the election and acting like he has lost his mind on purpose. Does anybody really not think this at this point?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Republicans tolerated the TEA Party in 2010 because they helped them win Congress back. Now, they have to put up with the consequences of that decision.

They know that if they split the party into two (T) and (R) they won't win Congress for generations unless they have a coalition, which defeats the purpose of the split in the first place. So many of their members that are in the ridiculously named "Freedom Caucus" in Congress are actively working against the party platform.

Having control of Congress for 6 years basically cost them the soul of their party. They made their deal with the devil, and now have to live with the consequences.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Well if Trumps behavior in the last weak does not have everybody questioning his current mental state then that would be a great surprise. That as he falls further behind that he might rage quit to avoid the humiliation of crushing election defeat is completely within Trumps personality. So the GOP has to prepare.

Trump is either cracking under pressure or is throwing the election and acting like he has lost his mind on purpose. Does anybody really not think this at this point?

Trump's followers (I refuse to call them supporters) pretty much won't question their support for him under any circumstance. They're so strongly brainwashed that anything negative said about their candidate is believed to be "media lies" and they refuse to change their mind that Trump is going to save America from any threat real or imagined.

I doubt he's acting like he's lost his mind on purpose, he's not that genuine. I think he's a stunningly bad candidate that the GOP wasn't able to stop from taking control, and are now having to figure out how to run an election with a completely uncontrollable candidate who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Many Trump followers say that they support Donald Trump because he "Speaks his mind" but there are so many times that Trump has to explain or backtrack his statements that this really isn't true any more, or has it ever been. Trump doesn't speak his mind, he simply says what whomever is in any rally crowd wants to hear, there's a big difference.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Good for Trump, clean out the old to make way for the new and it's not like Congress has any sort of approval rating above double digits, nobody likes Congress anyway.

That congress you are cheering to be rid of, with the historically low approval ratings, is the same precise congress that the TP and disillusioned GOP sent to congress in 2012...Ted Cruz was the TP hero..And they followed through with their do-nothing, obstructionist, never compromise agenda...and now THEY are the enemy and "establishment" ???

I see massive failure and cannibalism in the far right agenda...and the Orange Menace turning on those who have survived the cannibalistic frenzy in the GOP might make spectators happy...but makes the GOP an ever smaller club....they are approaching irrelevance...Trump included.

The only thing I'll add is in reference to the bolded part. Please don't believe that for a second!

Ignore the dog & pony show at the federal level because it's just a diversionary tactic. The real battles are at the State and local levels, where Repubs control the majority of Governorships and State legislatures. They've gerrymandered the districts to be favorable to them while working tirelessly to suppress the votes of demographics that oppose them. And they'll probably continue their dominance at the State & federal level as long as voters (and the media) keep focusing on the Trump freakshow.

Just over the last month or so, several of their new "voter ID" laws were shot down.They were designed to disproportionately hurt poor minorities and students (demographics that typically vote against them), which is a tactic directly out of "The Southern Strategy". A lot of people on the Left celebrated the fall of those laws as a victory, but I see it as a massive failure. Not because I liked the laws, but because those laws were quietly passed while national audiences were distracted with the fake drama at the national level.

In other words, it served as a wake up call to me that they've been implementing massive amounts of laws specifically to consolidate their power while our attention has been diverted. They've probably passed hundreds of other new tweaks and regulations while people were focused on issues like "Black Lives Matter", the "Bernie Revolution", and the latest Trump scandal.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Kansas' elections were yesterday, and 18 of the worst right-winger offenders in our Capital (Topeka) got roundly ousted. Yay.

I wish that the whole country would pay attention to what's happening here. It's the same thing the GOP right-wingers like Cruz and Pence intend/ed to do - and it didn't work.

We are living proof that it's not a functional, workable plan.
The voters, from all over the state, collectively booted them out! It took seven years to figure out what happened.

During Obama's tenure, Brownback has been staunchly obfuscating and refusing to work with Obama's policies. He is doing the "Domionist" thing - it is a fail. A big fat fail.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Possibly all three. But keep in mind that he didn't know what the job description or inbuilt infrastructure had in store for him. I think maybe he's bewildered by it, because it's a whole new league of "business" for him.

He wanted it, but didn't think it through. I don't think he's deep enough to fake it. He's just crazy. In a smart, capable, charismatic, narcissistic, self-absorbed way. It's all about HIM. This whole thing is about HIM. I think he's realizing that it's really not just a company he can swoop in and buy and then oust the entire staff, and hire new blood.

I don't think he really grasped that before. It's day by day with him.

edit on 8/3/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
They are a private organization. They can just hold a rules committee meeting, change the rules and hold a new nomination for whomever they want.

What do they do about the ballots? Trump is locked in on them right? Or is it the Republican party who gets on the ballot, and they're free to change that around however they want until election day?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join