It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior GOP Officials Exploring Options if Trump Drops Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: intrptr

There is, though. Just this morning I heard a report that several GOP Congressmembers have bailed and will vote for Clinton. Formally acknowledging it. And "unendorsing" Trump.

And I just heard from an RT interview with Assange that since the wikileaks release of emails, bunches of Dems are resigning from Hillarys campaign.

Hmmm... which is completely ignored in the western Main Stream?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There is, though. Just this morning I heard a report that several GOP Congressmembers have bailed and will vote for Clinton. Formally acknowledging it. And "unendorsing" Trump.

And I just heard from an RT interview with Assange that since the wikileaks release of emails, bunches of Dems are resigning from Hillarys campaign.

What, you mean that isn't a headline story on CNN?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
A GOP intervention is being organized.
Reince Priebus, Newt Gingrich, And Rudi Giuliani are planning to talk to Trump about focusing on Hillary and not this headline grabbing lunacy.

I'd love to be in that room. Gingrich and Giuliani like to hear themselves talk more than Trump.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Actually, the Dem resignation is a top story on CNN.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't know. I just saw a portion of the interview a few minutes ago. They're supposed to air the whole interview Saturday(?).

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

www.cnn.com...

Wow. Color me surprised. I thought for sure that would be a Fox story, not a CNN.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

YOU missed the Tea Party /RINO thing?
Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Oh, indigo you still think politicians and the elite are different from either other, that one group are honest and nice while the other one are despicable, political rats and the elite rats are the same, just because one doesn't hide how they feels doesn't mean the rest of the groomed career politicians are not laughing at the voters behind their backs.

Life is full of surprises nice to see people been raw and cruel than wait when is too late.

But the list you posted it only gives me more ammunition to show how many rats are out there, that will side with Hillary the biggest of all.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

www.cnn.com...

Thanks, there you go...

We'll see how 'Budda-Big' a story it becomes. And where it leads...

(CNN)The CEO of the Democratic National Committee and two other high-level staffers left the organization on Tuesday in the wake of the committee's hacked email controversy.

Amy Dacey is the highest-ranking official at the DNC to step aside due to the matter, a senior Democratic official said. The DNC also announced the departure of CFO Brad Marshall and and Communications Director Luis Miranda in a press release Tuesday afternoon.

Dacey is well-respected by Hillary Clinton's campaign and the DNC circle, a source familiar with the resignation said. But the committee is looking to clean house in the wake of leaked emails that appeared to show the committee favoring Clinton over Bernie Sanders during the primary.

link   

I don't know. I just saw a portion of the interview a few minutes ago. They're supposed to air the whole interview Saturday(?).

Actually, I was being sarcastic. Then Introvert set me straight.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Meh... ABC was probably paid well to run this story. Nobody can stop Trump, which frustrates the wizz out of the democrats and RINOs. Why not make some # up about the right starting to fear him.

And the left claims the right wing promotes fear. PSH.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Meh... ABC was probably paid well to run this story. Nobody can stop Trump, which frustrates the wizz out of the democrats and RINOs. Why not make some # up about the right starting to fear him.

And the left claims the right wing promotes fear. PSH.

Hope you're right. The more establishment GOP he pisses off, the more supporters he garners.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Oh, indigo you still think

No offense Marge..but I don't respond to posts that begin by telling me what I believe...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Meh... ABC was probably paid well to run this story.

It is multiple sources and networks.

Nobody can stop Trump, which frustrates the wizz out of the democrats and RINOs.

trump can stop trump...and he is doing a bang-up job at that..

For anyone interested this is how the RNC can replace a candidate...resignation would be required though.

Rule No. 9: Filling Vacancies in Nominations

(a) The Republican National Committee is hereby authorized and empowered to fill any and all vacancies which may occur by reason of death, declination or otherwise of the Republican candidate for president of the United States or the Republican candidate for vice president of the United States, as nominated by the national convention, or the Republican National Committee may reconvene the national convention for the purpose of filling any such vacancies.

(b) In voting under this rule, the Republican National Committee members representing any state shall be entitled to cast the same number of votes as said state was entitled to cast at the national convention.

(c) In the event that the members of the Republican National Committee from any state shall not be in agreement in the casting of votes hereunder, the votes of such state shall be divided equally, including fractional votes, among the members of the Republican National Committee present or voting by proxy.

(d) No candidate shall be chosen to fill any such vacancy except upon receiving a majority of the votes entitled to be cast in the election.

www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Several???? Well damn, there goes the election. I was counting on those handful of people to make all the difference.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Good for Trump, clean out the old to make way for the new and it's not like Congress has any sort of approval rating above double digits, nobody likes Congress anyway.

That congress you are cheering to be rid of, with the historically low approval ratings, is the same precise congress that the TP and disillusioned GOP sent to congress in 2012...Ted Cruz was the TP hero..And they followed through with their do-nothing, obstructionist, never compromise agenda...and now THEY are the enemy and "establishment" ???

I see massive failure and cannibalism in the far right agenda...and the Orange Menace turning on those who have survived the cannibalistic frenzy in the GOP might make spectators happy...but makes the GOP an ever smaller club....they are approaching irrelevance...Trump included.

Do you understand WHY we've turned our backs to that Congress? Or WHY we elected them in the first place?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Good for Trump, clean out the old to make way for the new and it's not like Congress has any sort of approval rating above double digits, nobody likes Congress anyway.

That congress you are cheering to be rid of, with the historically low approval ratings, is the same precise congress that the TP and disillusioned GOP sent to congress in 2012...Ted Cruz was the TP hero..And they followed through with their do-nothing, obstructionist, never compromise agenda...and now THEY are the enemy and "establishment" ???

I see massive failure and cannibalism in the far right agenda...and the Orange Menace turning on those who have survived the cannibalistic frenzy in the GOP might make spectators happy...but makes the GOP an ever smaller club....they are approaching irrelevance...Trump included.

Do you understand WHY we've turned our backs to that Congress? Or WHY we elected them in the first place?

Answer to both questions is because they are idiots...and there-in lies the issue with the GOP's base.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I clicked your link and in big bold letters at the top of the site, "The GOP's Trump freak-out"

Below that in a little square is a picture of some chick. Then I have to scroll down and read the small letters about the DNC CEO resigning.

Oh well, I guess it's better than not covering it. It's far more interesting than the fabricated story of Trump though.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

All you need is one story about Trump and they all (MSM outlets) run with it without taking half a second to research it. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but it would seem silly for Trump to want to get out of the race with all the support he has.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Answer to both questions is because they are idiots...and there-in lies the issue with the GOP's base.

Fantastic biased opinion. We elected those people because they promised to stop obama from all of the disasters he'd been creating for 6 years. They all ran on the base that they would indeed do that. They kowtowed instead, and that's why the majority of people on the right turned their backs, myself included.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join