It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump doesn't understand why we can't use nuke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Joe Scarborough had a conversation with a person, still unnamed, who advised Trump on international foreign policy. Allegedly Donald Trump had trouble understanding why we cannot just use nuclear weapons. Three times he asked about their use and why we are not using...

Trump asks why US can't use nukes: MSNBC

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them," Scarborough said on his "Morning Joe" program.

Scarborough made the Trump comments 52 seconds into an interview with former Director of Central Intelligence and ex-National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden.

There is a Video on Twitter.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was true. The Republicans have been the war mongers lately. Here is a clip of Ted Cruz postulating about making the sands glow in the middle east.

edit on 3-8-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: title fixed

edit on 3-8-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yikes, I might actually be more afraid now of Trump as POTUS than Clinton. Before it was equal fear and disgust for both.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Is this like how Harry Reid knew someone, who knew someone, who has a cousin, who knew Romney cheated on his taxes?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Since Clinton's “nomination,”its really starting to look like Trump is a plant to actually make Hillary win.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, but I'd have to have it confirmed before I believe anything Joe Scarborough says.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Want to clarify ? What types of Nukes ? Battlefield , Tactical , Strategic ? What amount of yield ? At what barometric pressure ? How deployed ? Terrain ? Altitude ?
So , do you have the expertise whether or not you could use nukes ? Didnt think so.

I dont see a reply with an answer , yet.
So , there are very few people in this country that do have the expertise to answer the questions on whether or not to use nukes. Obama cant answer , Clinton cant answer., you cant answer , I cant answer
Thats why we all , including Trump , would have to leave that to the experts

edit on 8/3/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Do you have anything more than mere speculation and unnamed sources?
If I said Hillary's cough was caused by fur balls, would you want some named sources?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

The Republicans have been the war mongers lately.

Are you #n serious?

Obama and Hillary OWN the mess that is the ME now. Ms Clinton, along with her oligarch buddies like McCain Obama and Soros are the authors of ISIS, the collapse of Iraq, Libya Syria, etc etc....

And now the DNC is welcoming all the neocons into the fold to support Hillary. The new DNC ARE the neocons now. The world has gone mad.

SMH

edit on 8 3 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hmm, an unnamed source. Maybe they just don't want to disclose names anymore in fear of people digging into the background revealing all kind of connections to the Clinton family.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Well, to be fair, citing comments from unnamed sources is weak journalism at best.

Then to say that it's possibly true because of comments someone else made is really, really reaching.

That said, though, Trump's not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to foreign policy or military policy.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Unnamed?
Nice
Yesterday msnbc was pushing that trump has mental problems, not from people who have actually provided care for him mind you.
NBC and its little brother msnbc will say WHATEVER it takes to get hillary elected.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

Without a doubt.
I can't believe ats members have fallen for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was true. The Republicans have been the war mongers lately.

Have you been in a coma the last 8 years?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: atrollstalker
Do you have anything more than mere speculation and unnamed sources?
If I said Hillary's cough was caused by fur balls, would you want some named sources?

No. Hillary's furballs are common knowledge.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What YOU don't understand is the deterrent factor of nukes-the only positive, IMO, of 'nukes'- is solely due to the articulated belief that one would use them! Otherwise no deterrence is achieved.

Simple. Obvious. Mandatory of any leader of any nation that has them.

For me, a decided plus in Trump's favor....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Joe Scarborough had a conversation with a person, still unnamed, who advised Trump on international foreign policy. Allegedly Donald Trump had trouble understanding why we cannot just use nuclear weapons.

(emphasis mine)

See, the unnamed source-part makes me sceptical.

Unless Trump has had the conversation with a whole bunch of experts, then CLEARLY Trump would know who the source is - so what is the point of being anonymous if it is true?

If, on the other hand, it is not true, it makes perfect sense - it protects both Scarborough and the source in question, and leaves Trump with the task to prove a negative.

If it is true, though, it is mightily disturbing. Which is all the more reason for the source to come forward. I think one could go as far as saying that it is his DUTY to come forward.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Amazing... just amazing...

Here's a proposal: how about we adopt a Federal Policy that says we have to give 48 hours notice to any foreign power before taking any action against them. That includes advising them of the exact time, method of action, weapons we will use, and names, heck, let's include addresses and phone numbers, of everyone involved.

While we're at it, let's implement the same thing domestically. The police have to give every person accused of committing a crime 48 hours notice of where the police will be when they try to make the arrest, the exact time of day, how much body armor they will be wearing, who they are, what weapons they will have... I bet arrests would almost completely stop! Think about it... no more crime!

I guess I should state the above is sarcasm, before someone actually introduces a bill in the Congress....

The viable threat of violence is a more effective deterrent than violence itself.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Another great example of a Hillary Campaign story.

"sources" say.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr
Since Clinton's “nomination,”its really starting to look like Trump is a plant to actually make Hillary win.

Bingo. Except he isn't aware of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wasn't there some sort of truth-in-media act that was supposed to keep the news from telling lies?

This is like some anonymous person calling in and saying they saw clintons eating a baby, and they put it on the air as a fact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join