It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Trump on Foriegn Soil Last Week, At the Whitehouse Yesterday, Breaks 200 years of Tradit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
What rule-book? Let him defend himself. Trump has been blasting him non-stop, it would be a shame if Obama couldn't hit him back.

Only the orange Messiah is allowed to insult others. Seeing how he is clueless at everything else there has to be something that only he can do.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I like Trump and the below link doesn't represent my sentiment towards him. I just found it too funny

media.giphy.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

ILY, too!

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I already corrected it. He was having a joint press conference.

But your claim was that doing this "on foreign soil" is what made it bad form. Now that we know it was in the White House, it must be OK.

We aired our dirty laundry in front of the world.

Um... The world sees EVERYTHING we do. Trump is our dirty laundry and the rest of the world has been wondering watching to see what we're going to do about it. This is it.

It's bad form and you know it.

No, I don't know it. I am not aware if this kind of thing has ever happened before or not (a president criticizing a nominee at a joint press conference, but I'm not offended by it and it doesn't bother me. So, I'm not going to complain how it's politically incorrect, which is what you're doing. I thought you LIKED political incorrectness...

He just does what ever the hell he wants to...

Are you talking about Obama or Trump?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I am trying to say we had a tradition of a sitting President not attacking the nominee of the other party on Foriegn soil or in joint Press Conferences from the Whitehouse.

We did??? I've never heard of such a thing.

But we DID have a tradition of a presidential nominees not attacking Gold Star parents, but... we see that point is moot... I guess all sorts of traditions are being broken this election cycle, huh?

edit on 8/3/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Clueless? Trump is playing 7 dimensional chess with them all.

If you pay close attention, his "antics" are on purpose.

He has exposed more media bias in the last week than any previous candidate I have seen in a long time.

The media is clearly biased towards Hillary. But the thing is.... now more and more people are waking up and calling them out on it than ever before.

Their brainwashing propaganda is being exposed, and it's no longer working. They are in full panic mode.

And it's about time somebody changed the narrative. By shining the light brightly on the blatant corruption, and criminal activity of those who the media have been coddling and protecting...abetting even, people are beginning to see just what has been going on.

We the people will no longer tolerate the song of globalism and corruption. The media has been outed and put on notice.

And it is glorious to watch them squirm, after all the lies, and "spin", and in your face bribery.

And all the paid for internet shills are being called out. You know who you are, and we see what you're trying to do, and it's not working anymore.

Corruption exposed, bias exposed, internet shills exposed, election rigging exposed, poll rigging exposed....
It's about time this happened.

reply to: buster2010

edit on 3-8-2016 by AutOmatIc because: exposed

edit on 3-8-2016 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
a reply to: whyamIhere

I saw an interview the other day with a retired military officer. He was talking about the very real possibility that Trump is so ill informed that he could, as Commander in Chief, give orders that are actually illegal, for instance his stance on not fulfilling our obligations set forth by treaty to NATO. And any number of other wingnut ideas he has spouted. It could create a Constitutional crisis like never before seen in this country.

Could I support a President Trump? I guess I would have to accept it but I am holding my breathe, fingers crossed that the GOP finds a Hail Mary option.

What does NATO have to do with The Constitution?

Which, by the way, has been under attack by Dems for quite some time.

edit on 3-8-2016 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just think of the incitement Obama and the media are providing nutcases and extremists. If what they say is true about Trump, doesn't that justify taking action? Or possibly suspending the election? It just seems like you guys are trying to come up with a rationalization to take things into your own hands.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

A popular President like Obama...

I think these five words are stretching the truth a bit since they've never been used together before.

Popular? Not so much.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I am sure he will, I mean have request for speeches he is after all very popular in the middle east too, the Emirates and Saudi Arabia will pay very well for the favors and the speeches.

That is the one part of the World Obama is not popular in, that and Russia. North and South America, Africa, Europe and Asia (even in China he scores pretty well). Among the Arab states he is not liked. Maybe something to with all the drone strikes, Special Ops strikes, AlQuiada and ISIS leadership assassinations, supporting the coup in Egypt, handing Israel tons of cash etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

I think these five words are stretching the truth a bit since they've never been used together before.

Popular? Not so much.

His numbers at this point in office are higher than anybody but, Clinton whom he is closing in on and Ike. So like it or not the man is popular.
edit on 3-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Popular? Not so much.

His numbers at this point in office are higher than anybody but, Clinton whom he is closing in on and Ike. So like it or not the man is popular.

I have to question the validity and source of the numbers then, because I'm not buying it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am trying to say we had a tradition of a sitting President not attacking the nominee of the other party on Foriegn soil or in joint Press Conferences from the Whitehouse.

Obama broke the tradition. Do sitting Presidents Campaign ?

Of course, the tradition is not to campaign on Foriegn soil.

He did that last week in Japan. Yesterday he attacked from the WH.

In a joint news conference with the President of Singapore.

The racism comment was kind of tongue in cheek.

He promised us the world eight years ago.

Hope that clears it up a little bit. Others were rude.

I appreciate a fair question.

I have never heard of this "tradition". Nor could I find anything about it even existing. And in fact candidates go to foreign nations and do news conferences with foreign leaders as part of their campaigns. I can no reason why any such tradition would exist if it did. It simply would not make any sense.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Popular? Not so much.

I have to question the validity and source of the numbers then, because I'm not buying it.

Just every poll out there. It is not like it is a secret. Nor is anybody denying it. The GOP line is that it is just because Trump and Clinton are so bad that Obama looks good.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No other President has blatantly attacked the other party's nominee.

I don't think there's ever been a bigger threat to your country and its standing in the world than the other party's nominee , Obama is trying to save your sorry asses from almost certain disaster by speaking out , perhaps you should listen.

Sad that your country can't do better than those two Presidential candidates , your system is broken.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Obama is a top political figure and a leading Democrat, why shouldn't he have an opinion on Trump? It only makes sense that he would be critical of the Republican nominee.

Fair point, HOWEVER... it is to be expected at campaign speaking engagements in the US. But to make it a topic of discourse from the 'pulpit' of a foreign country, which should have NO sway in our elections, is disturbing.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

No other President has blatantly attacked the other party's nominee.

I don't think there's ever been a bigger threat to your country and its standing in the world than the other party's nominee , Obama is trying to save your sorry asses from almost certain disaster by speaking out , perhaps you should listen.

Sad that your country can't do better than those two Presidential candidates , your system is broken.

We agree the system is broken.

I don't think Clinton would be as bad as Obama. Bill wasn't.

Besides, Clinton has balls, Obama is a coward.

If we keep electing to same people, look for nothing to change.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Popular? Not so much.

www.politico.com...

www.frontpagemag.com...

Those are the first and third links from the first page of a google search.
Least popular president since WW2.
Check your facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

www.politico.com...

www.frontpagemag.com...

Least popular president since WW2.
Check your facts.

I knew that sounded like some serious BS.

More popular than Ike the war hero, now that's funny!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Popular? Not so much.

www.politico.com...

www.frontpagemag.com...

Least popular president since WW2.r
Check your facts.

lol facts? Maybe you do not know what year it is but, two polls from 2014 are not going cut it. Here is your source Polirico from March 2016 the last time they covered Obama's approval which has on up each month since. Obama approval rating 3 year high

Obama's approval rating with 10 months to go in office is roughly the same as Ronald Reagan's in March 1988 (51 percent).

I can give you links to a bunch more polls from the last couple months as well. Always check dates, origins of stories and research a bit before posting facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join