It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Trump on Foriegn Soil Last Week, At the Whitehouse Yesterday, Breaks 200 years of Tradit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
a reply to: whyamIhere

Racism? It has nothing to do with racism or campaigning or even 200 years of tradition. It has everything to do with narcissism - Trump's narcissism - and the idea that anyone so incredibly unstable, uninformed and undisciplined may be elected President. People from both sides of the spectrum, as you say, are speaking the truth, damn the consequences. The stakes are too high.

The POTUS is a figurehead, they have no real power lol. Congress has the appearance of control, but it's really the political handlers that make all the decisions. Trump threatens to destroy the illusion and cut out the handlers, of course all political puppets are going to be pushing back.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

He was talking about the very real possibility that Trump is so ill informed that he could, as Commander in Chief, give orders that are actually illegal,
being illegal seems to have been a blurry term during Obamas term in office and even blurrier for HRC .Ethics and law has taken a second seat in the politics and policies .Besides I hear Trump has a direct line to Putin who is in Syria at the request of the Syrian Govt. which is legal but it seems that the US none boots on the ground there were not invited . I think the Donald is not smart enough to break the laws the way a HRC or Obama could and has .
edit on 3-8-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Then why is the right so seething with how Obama has ruined this country, you, know, if the POTUS has no real power? Can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Foreign soil?

link   
Will be funny in a very sad way... the DNC fanbois will think nothing is wrong with what he is doing now... then next time the RNC has control and they do it, as well as ruling by their pen and a phone... they will scream to high heaven about how this is bad for the country.

We the People... are well and truly screwed...

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Nikola014

This thread isn't about Hillary. This thread is about Obama "breaking the rule book" and being non-PC, and how that's triggering the OP.

Hi Kayla,

We have certain protocol for sitting US Presidents.

They don't use their bully pulpit to interfere in US Elections.

He is on foreign soil. That's what makes it bad form.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The damn saddest part is that we're Americans living in the best country in the world....we can do better than this. Both ways. I myself have decided to hold out on voting until that Native American Candidate runs...after all it was their country before we took it and made it better.... better, yea right.
edit on 3-8-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Do you really know how our political system works? how do you think presidents write soo many executive orders, that is because they can never get away with having legislation on what they really want to do, illegal or not.

Presidents in the US do not have absolute powers but they have executive power, bound to be repealed by congress and the Supreme court when violating constitutional laws.

Even when they have their own political parties holding both houses.

No, Trump will never be able to do that kind of damage under our established political system, you know the three branches, including the Supreme court.

I guess we need to refresh the nation on Americas political system this days.

edit on 3-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What foreign soil.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
When I read OP, I wondered how long it would take for someone to come in and blame Trump. Wasn't disappointed to see it on the first page.

Any and everything that is bad about this election is obviously Trump's fault, no matter where it originated. Hillary is clearly the only person in the world who should even be considered for the position of president...because...um, well...her record!, yeah that's it!, she's accomplished so much for the American people, and for the oppressed around the world.

Th moment she takes office, all problems ever encountered or yet to be encountered will suddenly cease to exist.

A sitting president verbally defecating all over the other party's nominee? Perfectly acceptable, because...well...um, oh yeah, he has funny hair and his skin color seems off; yeah, that's it, plus he uses mean words and sometimes makes a verbal gaff.

Thank goodness we have someone intimately familiar with all of the backroom deals that get made in the halls of power up and coming. Heaven forbid we put someone in to try and change the way things are done.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Foreign soil?

You are correct, the last one was on foreign soil.

This was in a joint news conference with the President of Singapore.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Obama always feels more comfortable on foreign soil.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

The stakes are too high, so let's elect a corrupted murderous criminal.

No-it's better to learn from history instead of electing a father and son that started two gulf wars and got thousands of soldiers killed.

Obama's biggest mistake was to let that nonsense continue but he cannot be blamed for nearly 30 years of mistakes that are so effed up that he cannot repair the damage already done. Does the words 'desert storm' and 'patriot act' spring to mind?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I do. Apparently bobs_uruncle doesn't.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

You forgot the small hands too ....gee , that kind of thing is very important when it comes to shaking hands ,which is very important lol

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Trump has them that worried, they know they do not have the confidence of the voters no matter how many phony polls they use to try to counter the hopes of true change.

"Change we can believe in", again?

Really?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

How VERY politically incorrect of Obama!!! When I heard him speaking, I had to go to my safe place...

Next time he has a friggin notion he needs to keep it to himself.

Yeah, like Trump says about Khan, "He has NO RIGHT"!

Elect Trump! Ban Free Speech!

Sad, man I really was hoping he would help end racism.

LOL! What? LOL!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Obama always feels more comfortable on foreign soil.

So do Trumps wives.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
As President Obama decries Mr.Trump from the foreign podium.

The President is the one who is tearing up the election rule book.

No other President has blatantly attacked the other party's nominee.

He is using the power of a sitting US President to interfere in this election.

Next time he has a friggin notion he needs to keep it to himself.

It's obvious Obama wants to be a professional campaigner. He does it well.

Once elected he is clueless. He is a terrible executive.

Its become obvious there are no longer any rules.

Sad, man I really was hoping he would help end racism.

Quite the opposite, he has created a outrage on both sides of the spectrum.

I am not even sure what you are trying to say. All sitting Presidents campaign for their parties nominee and against the other parties. In fact the tradition is that they do not get involved during the primaries and then go all in during the election.

In fact it is one of the seven Presidents roles. It is called Chief of the Party Seven Roles for One President

In this role, the president helps members of his or her political party get elected or appointed to office.

Now how much they do often has to do with their popularity level. Obama has great end of term approval ratings, only Eisenhower and Clinton had higher. Bush Jr. was a pariah by the end of term so he was kept to a minimum in the campaigning but, of course he did it. A popular President like Obama is going to see plenty of requests.

And how could one person end centuries of racism?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It seems that ever since Snowden's departure from the U.S., and the ramping of Wiki-leaks, all the world leaders are acting "weird", to put it mildly. Traditions mean zilch.

Only queen Elizabeth is keeping her composure..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join