It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philosophy of South Park (Season 19: PC)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Last year season of South Park was brilliant television. In it they finally turned the season into a proper "serialized" comedy, and it centered around PC and concepts related to it. For anybody that missed the season, even if you don't normally care for the show, this video crams the political messages from the entire season into a 17 minute video. And a great job they did, as even if you did see the season this video will probably point out some 'hidden messages' that you didnt realize why they were doing/saying certain things.

Welcome to this special Wisecrack Edition on Season 19 of South Park, where we dive into the philosophy and politics of one of our favorite shows. We explore South Park's themes of politically correct (PC) culture, gentrification, advertising, social justice, safe spaces and narcissism.

Matt and Trey, fellow agnostic libertarians, also addressed the issue of there being a deep occurrence of narcissism in all of these (cross-related) groups, in the masses, which the videos points out. Discuss mass narcissism here!

Check it out, the full season in one video:
They figured out to put the video in that movie theater border, and slow down the audio, to not get AI zapped, apparently.

edit on 3-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The potty mouth kids, condensed. Love that stuff.

Gentrification won't work. Building hi priced in low income neighborhoods is like building homes in a rivers flood plain. The ever increasing tide of poverty will wash it all away. The developers don't care, they sold you on that overpriced property, sucker.
edit on 3-8-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
On the subject of South Park the show, also relevant here would be my solution for these increasing masses of thin skinned hyper sensitive special snowflake extremists who can't take a joke, and are effectively trying to re-write the English language to stamp out the future of comedy as we know (even Chris Rock is blown away by it; wont play college campuses anymore).

For these people I prescribe to them to be made to watch a 200 episode South Park marathon.

I dont say this so that these people would hear the overt libertarian / agnostic viewpoints often found in the shows (the past 10 years especially), but more important in this instance is the subtle 'subtext' that often goes in their episodes: One of their main formulas is taking social matters, and show both sides arguments taken to extremes / their logical climax (where Reason ends up saving the day (often subtle libertarian / agnostic viewpoints)).

Another important part of their general formula is where EVERYBODY gets ripped on. They even did one ripping on their own 'religion' Agnosticism (one of my favorites; the first time they dealt with Pabst Blue Ribbon). The point here is, something I believe, is that comedy is the one 'cure' to the premise of these PC / SJW types whole mantra, is in the sense that instead of taking everything so personally, and being so quick to offend, they need to learn to take a joke! It thickens the skin, and sometimes jokes do have in them criticisms that growing from would do certain people some good. Instead they work to ban comedy? Not all social group stereotypes should be taken so hard by those being discussed. I think a lot of them were meant to be funny. Everyone, especially in groups, have stereotypes that apply to them. To me one should only MAYBE take offense to such if it does apply to them (not just for being in a group, but actually living up to the stereotype), and if it does (the negative kind), then perhaps it ought to be taken as a cue to improve ones self, not get TRIGGERED and go marching to end free speech.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

They have always done a masterful job making fun of the insane nature of our culture, specifically Hollyweird!

It has been great watching the way that they have evolved.

Now more then ever, ironically they can be the voice of reason in a sea of socially engineered mechanisms guiding us to an ever increasing world of less freedom and more control!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I love south park this season brought out the ridiculousness of both US politics and PC culture.

Its pretty much a mirror of the dumbasses I see on ATS from Left AND right.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Check it out, the full season in one video:
They figured out to put the video in that movie theater border, and slow down the audio, to not get AI zapped, apparently.

Go to video settings and change the speed to 1.25x to have it play at about normal speed.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
dp

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Stone and Parker are brilliant writers. They manage to use gross out humor as satire and anti PC however the FCC and various media committees around the world are not clever enough to see it. Other animations are blatant in getting their point across but South Parks subtlety is a thing of beauty.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Smartest show on TV

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

That review was so overly complicated it was painful.

I'll break it down for you very easily:

The PC/SWJ movement’s real cause is them not having a voice (as the video mentioned, they feel marginalized). To gain a voice, they cling to any “cause” that they can remotely label an injustice. (Yes they are narcissistic, but it is because they feel disempowered - they feel they are not receiving the dignity owe to them and so they use “other people’s causes” as a way to empower themselves, as a way to gain the voice and dignity they so desire).

Sadly, and for the same reason they didn’t have a voice before, their causes are almost always infantile disputes due to their lack of self-control (their perversion) and their unwillingness to see the truth of "their cause" (their ignorance).

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

South Park doesn't change the world... Satire is awesome but it isn't THAT great. I've been watching South Park since it started. I get ALL the satire (including this past season's satire). Hell my profile picture is a South Park joke.

If the Colbert Report didn't get people who watched Bill O'Reilly to feel silly, then this season of South Park isn't going to change a bunch of SJW's. Hell they probably watched the season anyways being college students and all.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't know if it will change the world but it does make me feel less alone. Like at least someone else can see this insanity for what it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

That review was so overly complicated it was painful.

There was nothing complicated about that video...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

It took 17 minutes to say what could have been said in a minute, and it still did not adequately explain the movement. Was it difficult to understand the video? No, but it was way more complex than it needed to be. (Like this explanation versus my former statement.)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Every one was all about Southpark a little bit ago with pc principle, which was really funny, until they made fun of guns and they every one stopped talking about it on ats. Wonder why.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I like when South Park made fun of the Truther movement.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I love south park... Its about the little child you are.. and the grown up you try to be..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Every one was all about Southpark a little bit ago with pc principle, which was really funny, until they made fun of guns and they every one stopped talking about it on ats. Wonder why.

South Park is only funny to these folks when they're going after people they don't like. Trey and Matt torched Donald Trump and his supporters in Season 19's 2nd episode as well....but the conversation here will be about how they satire the SJW snowflakes lol

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I didn't get the impression they were 'making fun of guns in that last episode. They did make fun of gun control, and in the end they made fun of both gun shows AND dog shows, which was one of the funniest things ever:

The time link code isn't working there, but its in the final minute of the show, the "gun show" is run like a "dog show" pageant the gun owners prancing around with the guns like the 'show dog' people prancing around.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join