It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emirates airliner bursts into flames after crash-landing at Dubai airport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

WE SHOULD PAY him...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

unfortunately that is true , some would have thought a passenger but no , we have lost a brave citizen

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: shaneR

Reminds me of what happened in Poland a year ago I believe where the landing gear failed so the pilot had to land on the stomach of the plane.

exactly 5 years ago, LOT_Polish_Airlines_Flight_16

just perfect landing
edit on Wed, 03 Aug 2016 13:18:45 -0500America/Chicago451803America/Chicago8312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

At least one firefighter died and who knows how many were injured, but apparently "his highness" considers them servants/slaves unworthy of mention.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Dr UAE

At least one firefighter died and who knows how many were injured, but apparently "his highness" considers them servants/slaves unworthy of mention.

the level of your arrogance is unbelievable and you call your self deny arrogance, you turn this tragedy into hate in less than a sec which makes you the fastest hater in the universe , I have seen so many hate comments from you against muslims and Arabs like me in this site but this one is by far the most arrogant one , what has slaves and servants have to do in this situation?

it's a friekin accident that happens everywhere in the world , what has servant and slavery has to do with it ?

the amount of hate that I noticed in you is unbelievable , you need to see a shrink

I have nothing to say more , your comments makes me puke, instead of giving credit to the crew members and the pilot you instead turn it into hate comments, shame on you.

I sometimes believe that you even hate your self when there is no one to hate , what a pathetic personality, we lost a citizen in the incident have some respect

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A system designed to send data wirelessly over a 3G network after landing began transmitting data immediately after the aircraft hit the runway. The device, known as the miniQAR MkIII transmitted the final seconds of the flight, meaning investigators don't have to immediately recover the FDR to get the same information.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Big surprise. As the crew began evacuating passengers stood up and began going into the overhead bins to get their bags out before evacuating.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
When the wreckage was removed, both nose gear wheel well doors were open, which only occurs when the gear is in transition.

Another incident is being investigated where a Singapore 777-300ER drifted before touchdown. The crew selected TO/GA to abort the landing, but the aircraft failed to go around. The aircraft ended up leaving the runway.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
According to the Event Summary filled out by the pilots, the aircraft floated as they crossed the end of the runway, so they chose to abort the landing. The aircraft initially climbed, and they made the decision to retract the landing gear. As they retracted the gear, the aircraft encountered windshear, and the speed dropped significantly. They attempted to perform the windshear procedure (firewall both throttles and raise the nose to 15 degrees). At the point they started the go around, the engines would have been at a low power setting, and require as long as 8 seconds to power up to full power.

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Crew error. The aircraft landed 3600 feet long after a tailwind transitioned to a headwind. The crew received an alert about the long landing and began a go around. Flaps began retracting to 20° four seconds after the alert, and the gear began retracting 2 seconds later. At 85 feet the crew realized they were losing airspeed and the throttle levers were advanced to full power, but the aircraft settled onto the runway.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the follow up. Just one curiosity. A tailwind to headwind change would not cause them to land long. It would cause them to land short.

A tailwind landing has the aircraft fast, but back on the power. As the wind shifted, the ground speed would decrease with the wind vector in the face.

3600 feet is really really long.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I knew an ex-Flight attendant who told me their main job was the safety of the passengers in an emergency like this.The fact that all the passengers survived tells me that the attendants did their jobs.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

My bet is that as it shifted they mistook it for windshear and advanced power and ballooned, then dove for the runway. They had a windshear warning and the crew said in their statement they encountered shear on the go around attempt.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

One of the big points raised was the problems during evacuation. Everyone was grabbing their bags as the fire started. The crew did a hell of a job getting everyone out.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The article on Flight got it backwards. As the aircraft descended through 1,100 feet the 8 knot headwind transitioned to a 16 knot tailwind. The autopilot was disconnected passing through about 950 feet but the autothrottle was left active. As they passed through 35 feet in their landing flare with the power at idle, the wind shifted back to a headwind.

m.aviationweek.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
According to the first interim report, there were no anomalies found with the engines or aircraft.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

What about temperature?

It's been hot around the Mediterranean so figured the same might be there.

A factor or no?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Probably not. My best guess is that the crew failed to recognize the wind shift in time, and didn't arrest their descent properly. It's all going to come down to pilot error again.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

OK.

Bummer about the preliminary cause. But it is also hotter than Hades out there which means less lift. I was just wondering.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join