It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists discovered the oldest forged gold, nearly 8000 years old.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Big scientific sensation - archaeologists discovered near Pazardzhik (Bulgaria) gold made earlier in the Varna Necropolis. This means that gold beads found in the "City of Birds" near "Yunatsite" became the oldest gold in Europe. The discovery will change the reading frame of history in our lands. People lived in the city of the birds before 8000 years were carriers of a high culture and a well-developed civilization.

The news came out yesterday evening and yet there are no sources in English. I post a link form the Bulgarina National Televison channel below, where you can watch the video and see the actual bead and other artifacts from the site Yunatsite.

news.bnt.bg...

According to the archaeologists the Yunatsite gold is at least 200-300 years older than the Varna Necropolis gold :
Here is the info from Wikipedia:
The Varna Necropolis (Bulgarian: Варненски некропол) (also Varna Cemetery) is a burial site in the western industrial zone of Varna (approximately half a kilometre from Lake Varna and 4 km from the city centre), Bulgaria, internationally considered one of the key archaeological sites in world prehistory. The oldest gold treasure in the world, dating from 4,600 BC to 4,200 BC, was discovered at the site.

Link to Wikipedia

Below is a link with information about the site Yunatsite, where the bead was found. (Bulgarian National Radio News website)

bnr.bg...

I will post more sources as soon as I can in the next post.
edit on 3-8-2016 by iasenko because: Additional info

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'll post more sources here.
edit on 3-8-2016 by iasenko because: (no reason given)

Here is what I was able to quick translate, from the video.:

The Jurnalist: Where did you find this?

Kamen Boyadzhiev, archaeologist: We have found it in this area, within an unaffable house.
Yavor Boyadzhiev, head of archaeological excavations: The horizon in which it was found, refers perhaps to the middle Chalcolithic
The Jurnalist: An earlier from Varna ...
Yavor Boyadzhiev: With absolute certainty earlier than the Varna necropolis. At least 200-300 years. Varna necropolis entirely in the late Chalcolithic.

It is not clear who they are. But archaeologists have recovered much of their lives and skills.Story that keeps millennia mound Yunatsite near Pazardzhik.

These are the only excavations, which man goes barefoot and work with the vacuum cleaner and nozzle.

Came from Asia Minor, chosen for their home place between three mountains and two rivers. From their houses - wooden poles plastered with clay is not much left. But the signs of high organization and even the beginnings of specialized production are clear.
In this room where there is not one, but seven quern stones to grind corn.

The Jurnalist: So they grind against a payment?

Yavor Boyadzhiev: Well, either against payment or for exchange. Now at this point we find something that I guess would be a stone ax or adze.

Every millimeter of layers of clay carries information archaeologists cleared slow and carefully. And the vacuum cleaner, not shovels, their main instrument.

Yavor Boyadzhiev: And what would be this now - mortar ... which is used the same way as a garlic mortar - this is how they used it.

Is production center or home - archaeologists are still "puzzled" with the purpose and other facilities. But their worship to birds is more than clear.
Similar clay figurines of bird-man are unearthed continuously.

Yavor Boyadzhiev: This thing sits ... in fact is made to sit not to be "in flight", horizontal, sitting upright to look exactly like a man really as a symbol of transfusion traits of man and bird.

It seems people here believed birds for their ancestor. And perhaps the place was full of birds. Therefore it and call - "The city of the birds". A City and not settlement - with a recessed portion, streets and public buildings. With traces of wealthy and carefree life in which there is room even for art.
Until 6000 years. When the town is attacked by primitive tribes.

Yavor Boyadzhiev: but they (the tribes) have a huge advantage and it's the horse, they tame and come as cavalry. There were skeletons with traces of holes with stone battle axes.

Battle is uneven - brute force against peaceful farmers, committed to spiritual life and culture, accustomed to papmer. The city of the birds was destroyed and burned.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iasenko

Thank You & hoping there is some more news soon!
Don't speak Bulgarian, but the video was nice.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Despite this being an archaeological discovery I very much doubt the main stream will want to touch too much on this subject because there seems to be a world policy being enforced on people about white culture and its earliest accomplishments, which must not eclipse Eyptian culture or any other non-white one today.

Personally I don't care who did what first but I do want the truth because its important. Its a great discovery although I do wonder about the assumption that all archaeologists bring to their work and these ancient cultures and groups all had to 'worship'. Birds are beautiful things and can be tamed often very easily. But does that actually mean that they worshipped birds and really believed they were their ancestors?

The whole of that area seems to be slowly shedding its secrets and I hope we will continue to learn about them. Great thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

While europe is slow in having it's history publicized, it IS happening. It's true much of the Egyptian history has been dominant, along with the "fertile crescent" the facts will be the facts.
In reality the Egypt-Firsters are aging out and dying off. This opens up a whole new dynamic as younger folks with no ax to grind are coming up in the ranks.

Frankly it's been the same with the Clovis-Firster's despite evidence coming to light that contradicts.
I'm confident as the permafrost melts we are going to find all kinds of exciting sites that will change our views and fire up our imaginations!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Im gonna try to explain something, there is a reason why we forged gold 8.000 years ago.. Humans didnt just mine gold for mining gold, there was no reason to mine gold 8kya...

Gold in its original form looks like someone took a s****

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Im gonna give you a chance, if you can put anything symbolic with the reference to gold mining or forging.. I will take back my statement before that, im gonna say.. Bulgarians dont have a reputation on honesty..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Great find and makes perfect sense - if they found anything like this in Europe it was always going to be Bulgaria - home to Dacia / Thracia. Dacia was renowned for its ancient gold working.

Plus it also fits my own theory on the Black Sea Region being far more important to civilisation than currently recognised.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

so 6000BC is all of a sudden 600BC, any logics in your conclusion, or is it just swinging some ideas..

First neolithic society was in east asia 8000kya, or maybe the bulgarians built themselves timemachines..?

But you probably dont need a reliable food source when mining.. You can just imagine some stuff into food, and then mine right?

-----------------------

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

What the heck are you talking about? Criticisms are fine and help the debate but what have you actually offered to the discussion there?

Dacia and Thracia both contained tribes that identified amongst the broader Getae, going back thousands of years into the steppe. There are some fascinating discoveries being made all the time now in that part of the world. Paleo climatologists have said the Black Sea region in general was a haven right through the Neolithic. As well as a very agreeable climate, there were also resources immediately to hand - from minerals to animals.

And why necessarily mining? Even by Roman times, there are Roman accounts of panning for gold in rivers in both Dacia and Thracia. One of the reasons Rome wanted these lands so much was precisely because of the abundance of gold (back then rather than now).

Also, just to pick at your knit picking, Jericho has walls dated to 9500 kya - you don't build walls without a form of civilisation. So, the justifiable question is where did that civilastion come from? I believe it eventuially descended from the perfect spot for human development, the Black Sea - which is where i believe the early Bulgarian civilisation also spawned from.

Time will tell and i am perfectly happy to admit when i am wrong but you really should check out some of the archeological discoveries being made all over that region before blanket condeming them.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Im gonna give you a chance

I would also state that the hubris and arrogance in that opening statement is not condusive to effective debate or sharing of ideas and theories. Lets keep it civil, eh?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Interesting. I'm leaving a post to keep track of this thread.

PS: Iasenko, your profile picture screws with my perception. I know it's a common optical illusion trick, I've seen it before, but yours is particularly good.

ETA: I can't stop looking at it. It changes from a half a frontal, to a profile, then both. When I see both together it's like some freaky Salvador Dali painting.
edit on 3-8-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added other comments

edit on 3-8-2016 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
There will always be defiant Egypt-obsessors who cannot stand the fact that their child is not the best in class. Same as it has always been, as with the advent of Mesopotamian and Indian discoveries et al.

You know how the illuminatists like their Egyptian artwork, they need to keep up the myths!

Marvelous news, by the way, iasenko!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

A Very good find and it could prove even bigger if i'm right.

I have a book that says that the earliest known boat was circa 6400 B.C- found off the coast of Europe. Now the timelines match up (give or take a few centuries) so could this discovery suggest that there could've been an ancient version of the east India company?

After all the ice man 'mummy' hinted that he was a trader on foot, maybe there were trading at sea as well? pure speculation but the dates add up and that was enough to get me stroking my chin.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Seems like i cannot edit my first posts anymore, so here I post the youtube video, the translation you can find in my second post on top:

If I have time later today, will try to search for some more info on the case, but it looks like its just a news in our local media. Maybe it will take some time to confirm the actual discovery. I'll stay alert and post info as soon as I can

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

TextWhat the heck are you talking about? Criticisms are fine and help the debate but what have you actually offered to the discussion there?

Dacia and Thracia both contained tribes that identified amongst the broader Getae, going back thousands of years into the steppe. There are some fascinating discoveries being made all the time now in that part of the world. Paleo climatologists have said the Black Sea region in general was a haven right through the Neolithic. As well as a very agreeable climate, there were also resources immediately to hand - from minerals to animals.

And why necessarily mining? Even by Roman times, there are Roman accounts of panning for gold in rivers in both Dacia and Thracia. One of the reasons Rome wanted these lands so much was precisely because of the abundance of gold (back then rather than now).

Also, just to pick at your knit picking, Jericho has walls dated to 9500 kya - you don't build walls without a form of civilisation. So, the justifiable question is where did that civilastion come from? I believe it eventuially descended from the perfect spot for human development, the Black Sea - which is where i believe the early Bulgarian civilisation also spawned from.

Time will tell and i am perfectly happy to admit when i am wrong but you really should check out some of the archeological discoveries being made all over that region before blanket condeming them.

So any facts?

sources? I can source a lot.. Neolithic societies didnt emerge until the first calendar..
Roman era was 100BC - 500 AD..

Thracia didnt emerge until 7th century
Daecia didnt emerge until 4th century

So how did gold panning gold mining just all of a sudden occur 8000 years ago?

Figure out the first use of gold, it makes things easier.. Otherwise its copper

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Sources? Still waiting to see some from you.......

However, i digress. Here is a link to an academic source on gold mining in the Carpathian region (golden triangle area).....interestingly enough it states that gold panning has been around in the region since at least 5000BC........

Ancient gold mining in Transylvania

I think you also need to check a few sources as you have stated the Roman era didn't start until 100BC........did anyone tell the Carthaginians? The First Punic War was already nearly 150 years old at the point and that was long after the establishment of Rome.

As for Thracia not emerging until the 7th Century - Spartacus was Thracian and Gnaeus Pompey and Licinius Crasus did for him in the 1st Century BC.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I am assuming that the gold has been liked to site in that area. If not how do they know they were not trade beads from another location.

edit on 3-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
According to Zachariah Sitchen people mind gold to give t the anuanki who were actually aliens from another planet

edit on 3-8-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You quote a source which also say; Roman Empire.. Understand why you searched for Gold.. I'll hint you, they call it chemistry today..
I'm sure gold is a great compound in metallurgy..

I find no interest in having a discussion with someone who can't think for himself

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join