It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump removes Baby and Mother from Rally

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Me too. I have been reading the apologists for Trump's latest display of how to act like a 5th grade bully since it happened.

It seems people who support him cannot put themselves in the shoes of the mother of those children and realize how terrible a thing it was to do...

Something is very wrong here, usually Americans will get all in an uproar about anything even approaching being abusive to babies. Hell, public opinion was swayed toward going to Kuwait by what turned out to be a false report of Iraqi troops tossing babies out of incubators in a maternity ward.

If you think about it though, they may have been saved by the Buffoon's action, by being removed from the political incubator they were in at the time....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is all getting Really Ridiculous.

Even here in Aus everyday there is a new Trump bashing story on the news, here on ATS, Twitter ...it's everywhere!

Yep he says dumb things sometimes, he's not following the political rules of correctness, but seriously I watched what happened and I don't see what he did was so earth shatteringly wrong !

In my opinion there are places where babies should not be, and a political rally is one of them, along with business meetings, movie theatre's for adults, nice restaurants and rock concerts!

Whilst I understand the lady wanted to see Trump, one also needs to be respectful of the other people who wanted to hear him speak as well, and a screaming baby would not only distract Trump from his speech, but it ruins the experience for everyone who can't hear over the crying.

He gave her the opportunity to take the baby out in a nice way, however she obviously didn't get it. I don't blame Trump at all and if I'd been in crowd it would have really peed me off and most likely I would have said something as well.

This is just my take on things, but seriously I have had many a nice experience ruined by a crying screaming baby or child which should have not have been been there in the first place, or in other circumstances taken outside by the parent out of respect for others. We all love our children and think they are special, but not everyone else does.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: mOjOm

When I first learned that Donald Trump only sleeps 4 hours a night, at most, I knew that he was a ticking time bomb. I just didn't know what would trigger it. Turns out that the trigger might be Personal insults. He's been called more unflattering names in the past week, than in his 70+ years combined.

While downtown (Chicago) last week, I gazed at the glistening 98 story "Trump Tower". And thought to myself, Why would a man with so much money and personal autonomy want to become a "slave", who has to ask for money and Congressional approval for every meaningful project he wants to tackle? Maybe Donald is just now realizing that becoming President of the U.S. would be a big step backward and downward for him.

I find Trumps sleep schedule to be proof of his incompetence. He sleeps 3-4 hours a night because he feels that he needs 20-21 hours of work per day in order to stay ahead of the people who are just putting in 8. I probably have a unique perspective on this because I have to sleep closer to 12, which means I have to be capable of keeping up with the people putting in 8-10 hours while only being able to contribute 5. Trump gets more than twice the time, to simply need to come up with slightly better results. It just doesn't add up to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If everyone is honest ... most people get irritated with the persistently crying baby in places where you are trying to hear ... movies, for example. Shouldn't it be common courtesy for a parent to take a small child out if the child cannot be soothed so that it does not disrupt others' enjoyment of the event?

Or maybe my husband and I were doing it wrong when our own kid was small and not "fit for public consumption" as we used to jokingly say, so one of us would take him outside to the car and the other would conclude our business.

In this case, Trump had remarked on the crying child earlier as a wonderful, healthy baby, something the country needs more of and then the baby kept crying loudly and persistently. Clearly this was a case of a child that could not or would not be soothed.
edit on 3-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well, we don't actually know if those extra work hours make him slightly better or not. He won't release his tax returns. Some people say he's only a millionaire.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If everyone is honest ... most people get irritated with the persistently crying baby in places where you are trying to hear ... movies, for example. Shouldn't it be common courtesy for a parent to take a small child out if the child cannot be soothed so that it does not disrupt others' enjoyment of the event?

Or maybe my husband and I were doing it wrong when our own kid was small and not "fit for public consumption" as we used to jokingly say, so one of us would take him outside to the car and the other would conclude our business.

In this case, Trump had remarked on the crying child earlier as a wonderful, healthy baby, something the country needs more of and then the baby kept crying loudly and persistently. Clearly this was a case of a child that could not or would not be soothed.

It should. But it's also not Trumps place to tell her to get the kid out of there. I detest babies and that goes double when they're crying. The woman should have known better, but because she didn't it's not Trumps job to get the woman and her child out of there. Like them or not, crying babies and oblivious parents are part of life that you have to deal with, you can't just hide away life's annoyances rather than simply working around them.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Even he finds it difficult to believe people believe the things he says.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh, pa leezeeee...... spin... I do remember Catholic church Mass and crying babies. They were always ruining an otherwise calm, respectful time. As for Trump, You gotta be kidding me, he joked around, that is all.

Really poor attempt to smear....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh yes. With a source as credible as TheStar.com why would I ever doubt you???

Meanwhile everyone, even the fair and balanced Fox news reports it different from your lame source.

But of course, since this gives you a way out of actually realizing that your Cult Leader Trump is a fraud you'll gladly take it and run with it won't you. Boy that was a close one. Thank God TheStar.com gave you a way out of having to face reality. Now you can go back to believing Trumps BS without a care in the world.

You people are so predictable.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As the baby goes, so goes most of the other Trump promises.

Make America great again, just kidding. You believed me?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And as much as people have yet to figure it out ... part of his appeal is precisely because he does say what most everyone thinks.

In this case, everyone is thinking, "Lady, your kid won't stop crying. I'm trying to hear. For the love of Pete! Take him out!"

It's interesting, but my parents ran into this same situation when they went to Yellowstone. A kid who was old enough to know better was raising Cain at a presentation at one of the geysers. Finally, one person in the crowd had had enough and stood up and told the parents in no uncertain terms what they should do and told the kid he should be ashamed of his behavior.

The crowd applauded.

This sort of thing happens more often than we think but people don't hear about it because there is no reason for anyone to try to make a national issue out of it.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A kid who was old enough to know better was raising Cain at a presentation at one of the geysers. Finally, one person in the crowd had had enough and stood up and told the parents in no uncertain terms what they should do and told the kid he should be ashamed of his behavior.

So the person said he liked the child disturbing the presentation, praised him, then later told the parents to leave with him.

Guess it wasn't the same.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

A kid who was old enough to know better was raising Cain at a presentation at one of the geysers. Finally, one person in the crowd had had enough and stood up and told the parents in no uncertain terms what they should do and told the kid he should be ashamed of his behavior.

So the person said he liked the child disturbing the presentation, praised him, then later told the parents to leave with him.

Guess it wasn't the same.

Nice spin!

If I actually went into detail, I might get it removed. The story from my parents involved a crusty old codger who had had enough of the bad behavior. Likely someone who was only getting one chance to see the park in his life, like my folks, and wanted to hear the presentation, not some spoiled brat complaining about everything and screaming.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
As the baby goes, so goes most of the other Trump promises.

Make America great again, just kidding. You believed me?

Exactly what I thought when he said "I think she really believed me when I said I like the baby crying while I was speaking".

Then, "people don't understand".

You're right Donald, they don't. That's why you are the nominee, using their lack of understanding to your fullest advantage.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
It should. But it's also not Trumps place to tell her to get the kid out of there.

Yes it is. It's his rally. It's exactly his place, if he chose to do it.

Of course, it's since come to light that he didn't, but the point still stands.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Spin? your comparison wasn't the same type of incident as Trumps. Of course many people are bothered by crying children but they don't pretend they do then reverse. That was the point.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob
Yes it is. It's his rally. It's exactly his place, if he chose to do it.

Of course, it's since come to light that he didn't, but the point still stands.

No, it's not. He's trying to be a public sector employee. You don't get to treat annoying people the same as a private business who doesn't want someone around does. Should he win, he's that woman and that babies President too. Telling them to GTFO is not an option.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh yes. With a source as credible as TheStar.com why would I ever doubt you???

Meanwhile everyone, even the fair and balanced Fox news reports it different from your lame source.

But of course, since this gives you a way out of actually realizing that your Cult Leader Trump is a fraud you'll gladly take it and run with it won't you. Boy that was a close one. Thank God TheStar.com gave you a way out of having to face reality. Now you can go back to believing Trumps BS without a care in the world.

You people are so predictable.

All I said was I'll take the word of someone who was there over someone who was not. He was there, you were not. If you want to argue he is lying, you can try, but until then, attacking the source without attacking the validity of the argument is called a genetic fallacy. The Toronto Star is one of Canada's biggest newspapers.

Learning that you're susceptible to party propaganda is embarrassing, isn't it? You people are so predictable.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find it so funny how Hillary lovers find some ridiculous small thing about Trump, and make it into something big and terrible.

Keep up with these threads, they are very amusing.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The video I see is 2 minutes-ish long and places the shorter clip in context. 'Clever' editing is abound these days to skew perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join