It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Party Do I belong to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think this forum suits this... I always thought of myself as a Republican Conservative... Now days I am questioning that... Here are my view points.

1) Individual Rights
2) Personal Responsibility
3) Minimal efficient government
4) Fiscal Conservative
5) Strong Military but used more for defense instead of offense. (Seriously was the middle east stuff really necessary? was our 911 response really appropriate or just used for political bs?)
6) Pro-Choice but prefer not to have an abortion. I feel the person has to live with their choice and that is enough.
7) I am not religious
8) I am not anti gay but do believe if a company doesn't want to make a cake for a gay occasion they should not be able to be sued. It is their business let the people decide if they want to give them their money not government. However if it is a government institution they need to abide by the laws. (give them their marriage license or be removed!!).
9) I like the concept of healthcare for all and will pay taxes for it but this Obama Care was not well implemented. In my opinion health care providers needed to be severely audited first. For example why does an aspirin cost $16? The entire Heath Care system needs a major overhaul first then we can work on healthcare for all. I had MUCH better coverage through my employer before Obama Care....
Also why do Health Care providers give you a 50% discount if you pay in cash and not use insurance?!?! My local Rockwood clinic does this...
10) I am pro constitution.
11) Pro Gun rights. I feel the gun it not the issue but people are. Fix the people and guns will be irrelevant. A tiny part of the population make guns look bad. The rest of us should not be punished. Hence Personal Responsibility and Individual rights.
12) Taxes are not evil but I am pretty pissed we give so much money to other countries while we have so many issues here. Why are we giving billions to Pakistan and not putting that into our failing infrastructure?

Not really sure were I land politically anymore.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Like the post but only have time for a quick reply....

why do Health Care providers give you a 50% discount if you pay in cash and not use insurance?!?!

Because they essentially buy in bulk, the doctors/hospitals give a much better/lower rate to the insurance companies. You paying 50% in cash is likely more than the 35 to 40% the insurance company would pay. I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing.... just that its a thing.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Oh, and also, if I had to assign you a label.... Libertarian-ish.

edit on 2-8-2016 by eluryh22 because: Oops.... I replied to myself by accident instead of OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If you figure it out let me know. By beliefs are right in line, almost word for word with your post.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You sound like a social liberal/fiscal conservative, who also believes Congress needs more oversight due to many demonstrated failures.

Maybe check out the Libertarian Party? Johnson may not float your boat, but the party platform seems to mesh with your positions.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You are Libertarian.

www.lp.org...

But FYI, Gary Johnson is not one so we do not have a candidate.
edit on 2-8-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You are a slightly right-Libertarian so your philosophy is basically "live and let live, small government working for citizens"

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The human party ? You have beliefs and ideals.Your own thoughts. Presented neutrally without condemnation of someone else.

Yep that qualifies you to belong to the Human Party. Welcome , there is only a few of us.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yep, mostly agree. About the only thing that doesn't fit is the idea of socialized health care which is not a libertarian position or a right-leaning one.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

For example why does an aspirin cost $16?

If you are in the hospital and you want an aspirin you have to buzz the nurse who comes to hear your request, fills out a form for the on duty doctor who comes to your room, hears your request, then writes the script that is carried to the hospital pharmacy, filled by a pharmacy technician then delivered to your room by the meds nurse.

All that costs 16.00.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Also why do Health Care providers give you a 50% discount if you pay in cash and not use insurance?!?! My local Rockwood clinic does this...

Health care is cheaper if you pay cash because there is no insurance to deal with which means much less paperwork. All that time and effort, not to mention the clerk's hours, are not necessary when all of the service is kept strictly in house. Not to mention there is no middleman that has to be paid which is the problem with socialized medicine too - government just takes the place of whatever insurance you happen to have in between.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You probably won't find an influential party that 100% matches you. Just look at the history of the candidates you can vote for (what they say doesn't count for much), try to guess what they'll do and if it's good enough for you to support it. Maybe you'll find some Republican candidates you can stand by. Maybe there will be times you think your conscience would be better served by a third party exerting indirect influence, rather than supporting a candidate whose actions overly compromise your values.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I couldn't find one thing wrong with your post or positions.

If you figure out what party we are please let me know.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

7. not religious

Sounds like you are a member of the RINO party.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Oh that's the "I-can't-take-these-idiots-anymore" Party; been a member for years now.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you are in the hospital and you want an aspirin you have to buzz the nurse who comes to hear your request, fills out a form for the on duty doctor who comes to your room, hears your request, then writes the script that is carried to the hospital pharmacy, filled by a pharmacy technician then delivered to your room by the meds nurse.

All that costs 16.00.

I get invoiced separately, for the hospital room complete with staff, doctors, and every thing they can think of and still the aspirin is 16 bucks. Give me a break.

The health care industry is completely out of control.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Libertarian. Maybe with a tad of Constitution party.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: intrptr

All that costs 16.00.

I get invoiced separately, for the hospital room complete with staff, doctors, and every thing they can think of and still the aspirin is 16 bucks. Give me a break.

The health care industry is completely out of control.

Not the care, the hidden cost of insurance requirements. The hospital admin and the accounting department mountain of paperwork and money poured into filling out endless forms for the insurance 'adjusters' are the problem, not the cost of all that. Not the doctors and nurses. You complaining about the care you received or all the bureaucracy?
edit on 3-8-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

just dont bother labelling yourself. Choose a party that represents you.
just another tactic to divide people .

other than that follow your instincts, if you have to give it thoughtthen its not for you.

im from UK and the only potential president or primister i thought was amazing was Ron Paul. ashame really your stuck with Trump and Hillary. It seems America finds it hard to spot decent candidtaes and give it to all the media hype.

new topics

top topics

join