It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which city is that

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Excellent thread Marduk

My answers:

1. Carthage
2. Rome
3. Athens
4. Axum
5. Jerusalem
6. Alexandria
7. Borodubur
8. Londinium
9. Eridu
10. Tyre

Confident on all but no.4 - what do I win?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
How many of you googled them?
I only answered the ones I could recognize, then fact checked in Google image search after I posted my choices.

edit:

10- Atlantis

None that is why i am not sure for number 4. The circular harbour gives Carthage away and Tyre was an island (ish) city connected by an isthmus (only one there that fits the bill). Borodubur has the distinctive building style, Londinium is obvious, as is Jerusalem. Alexandria is given away by the lighthouse. Eridu was Mesopotamia (i believe), so again is the only one to fit that building style. Rome and Athens pretty obvious.......leaves number 4.........

Unless.....no.1 is Atlantis. Was sure it was Carthage because of circular harbour but then i always though the harbour was not quite so central? Doubting myself now!
edit on 3-8-2016 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

That’s correct. ‘The Buddha place near Bore’, or some such. Coined by Raffles, I hear.

I had to edit a book about the place once.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Unless.....no.1 is Atlantis. Was sure it was Carthage because of circular harbour but then i always though the harbour was not quite so central? Doubting myself now!

I am fairly certain that is Carthage. The hill in the left background is where they held out against Scipio and Atlantis allegedly had 7 concentric harbors.

edit on 3-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That was my original thinking also.........but then i fell into Marduk's trap by his mentionning Atlantis again - the cunning swine!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
so here's the answers
1. Carthage
2. Rome
3. Athens
4. Eridu
5. Jerusalem
6. Alexandria
7. Borodubur
8. Londinium
9. Babylon
10. Tyre

Of course, there is no Atlantis, because it doesn't exist
thanks for playing..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Of course, there is no Atlantis, because it doesn't exist
thanks for playing..

I knew I couldn't be fooled!

It was just like in 2008 when I went on tour and I played a show in Tampa the night that the 'WE FOUND BIGFOOT' hoax started and I was like no they didn't.

Then the very next day I played a show in Illinois and I heard festival goers walking around yelling 'THEY FOUND BIGFOOT' and I yelled back from the stage 'NO THEY DIDN'T!'

My anthropology professor would be proud.

edit on 8/3/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That was fun, thank you!

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

1: A artists CG likely from a game rendition of a ancient rome, you know minus realities like piss filled streets and wondering drunks oh and the whores, its been Disneyed up. I would give that picture a 1 out of 100.

2 and 3: Greek pictures of what somebody likely a modern Greek and by modern something in the past 1000 or so years wished 2 greek cities looked like. I would give that picture a 3 out of 40.

4: A black and white pencil sketch of solomons temple, forgot what the city was, something with a J or so, again same as the rome cg artwork. I would give that picture a 7 out of 20.

5: Quite obviously that is the game of thrones set piece intro...I would give it a 4.5 out of 10.

6; Looks like somebody tried to draw Alexandria, which was some city look they even added or attempted to add the lighthouse, how bizarre...I would give it a 10 out of 15 for trying to add a lighthouse into it, so few pictures have lighthouses in them.

7: Who cares...1 out of 1.

8: Still dont care, not even a beaver dam in sight how lame is that...7 out of 10 for me.

9: Probably Jerusalem or some older rendition of a myan city, its hard to tell the difference between those two, or the two peoples since there both extinct...I give it a 1 out of 1000.

10: Now that is quite obviously Camelot, minus the camels, no doubt they had to be imported over by sea...I give it a 10 out of 10, just because.

When all is said and done all of those are some awesome artworks considering the artists had to little to go on especially number 7, so very little to go on just human writings and scribble which off course are all wrong. I give them the artists that is a 5 out of 5 for them all for there artistry.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Excellent thread Marduk

My answers:

1. Carthage
2. Rome
3. Athens
4. Axum
5. Jerusalem
6. Alexandria
7. Borodubur
8. Londinium
9. Eridu
10. Tyre

Confident on all but no.4 - what do I win?

You only missed one! excellent. You win a red velvet cake. But you will need to go buy it yourself. If you had gotten all correct, you would have won $50,000. Sorry. So close.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join