It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: O.J. Simpsons Daughter Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sydney Simpson was arrested outside a basketball game that involved her former prep school. Police were called to the site of Ransom Everglades School because of a fight. Simpson would not stop yelling at the police when she was asked and students also said that Simpson slapped them.

www.foxnews.com
O.J. Simpson's (search) 19-year-old daughter was arrested after she refused to stop yelling at officers who had been summoned because of a fight outside a basketball game involving her old prep school, police said.

Sydney Simpson (search) was charged Saturday with resisting arrest without violence, punishable by up to a year in jail, and disorderly conduct, which carries a possible 60-day jail sentence.

Simpson yelled profanities at the officers called to Ransom Everglades School after a boys' varsity basketball game against Gulliver Prep, according to a Miami police report. Sydney Simpson graduated from Gulliver last June, and her brother, Justin, 16, attends the school.

Officers asked Simpson to quiet down three times as a crowd of more than 15 people gathered, police said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well! This doesn't come as much of a surprise given her father's track record over the last decade, or so. As Paul Thomas Anderson drove home so poignantly in his film "Magnolia." the sins of the father are visited on the children.

Related News Links:
washingtontimes.com
www.local10.com

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh give the kid a break. Painting her with the same brush as her murderer father is a little extreme don't you think?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This poor girl has problems, it is not the first time she is in the news, I can't remember exactly when last year, but she had called the cops on O.J. because he tried to ground her or something like that. Our local news had played the 911 tape and she was hysterical.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I feel bad for her having to live with the person that killed her mom. Just losing a parent is tramatic enough. I think many people would turn to drugs or alchol having to deal with that.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Oh give the kid a break. Painting her with the same brush as her murderer father is a little extreme don't you think?

I didn't do what you claim, but anyone who thinks that having her mother murdered, having her father arrested and tried for that murder and trying to live in a world in which everyone knows that her father got away with murdering her mother wouldn't affect that child is living in some alternate reality.

[edit on 05/1/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I would think having a father who murdered (allegedly yeah...right) your mother
would screw up anyone...
it sounds like the police thought the same thing, and hence... didn't give the rodney king treatment...

top topics

join