It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your POSITIVE paranormal and spiritual experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Positive ghost stories, religious experiences, guardian Angels, prophetic dreams saving your ass, whatever ya got.

I'll start.

I've always had one foot in the mystic side of things and one foot in the rational side of things, sometimes one takes precedence, sometimes the other.

I'd been practicing my meditation for a long time but I had yet to see any substantial effects. After a while of not noticing anything during one session I decided to give it one last shot or hang it up as something that's just not for me. As I did, all of a sudden colors became brighter and the greatest sense of pleasure I've ever experienced happened. Everything became more real, I don't know how to explain it other than that, it was like waking up from a dream. You could have punched me in the face and I would have been happy as a clam. I had this sense of connectivity through time as well, like I had just become connected with mystics throughout history.

Sadly, it was only temporary.

Let's hear yours

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Well, this isn't negative, so might as well be considered positive.

My mother tells me a story of back when I was about 3 years old, my aunt had just discovered she was pregnant of my cousin, but didn't know whether it'd be male or female. Then this one day when I was leaving my bath and my mother was drying me, she says that I looked at the ceiling of the bathroom, and I said that I was seeing a girl there and I said that she was aunt Rosa's daughter. Mind you that I was 3 and had no idea that this aunt was pregnant (I probably didn't even know what a pregnancy was). Granted, a few months later they discovered it was a girl.
Me and my cousin have always been very close friends, so maybe we have a spiritual connection or something, I don't know.
Anyway, that's my only paranormal story as far as I can remember.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I made a thread awhile back discussing what made me both a agnostic skeptic and a quasi-spiritualist
My Ghost Experience

But to sum up:
Bro died
I "felt" him
asked him to turn stereo on if he was with me.
stereo came on right then and there.

similar experience 15 years later. same feeling, same general request (give me a sign). radio came on..playing "calling all angels" for the first time crossed with a religious channel discussing "life everlasting"
...I need a sign...
(breaking in) forever living in eternal light..
(back to music) and Im calling all the angels...
(back to christian radio) shall never die..

the first experience blew my mind and made me question my reality, seek out hardcore atheist skepticism. the second made me decide there is no answers in denial, so instead to seek out potential answers in other areas.

....still searching btw..I know what its not..its not religious, its not some weird electronic mishap perfectly synced, and it probably isn't me going randomly crazy...3rd option I cant say matter of factly, because just considering it seems pretty insane, but will go on the premise that I haven't lost my mind

I dont know..I dont want to fully commit to saying there is something after life..but it really seems somethign is pushing me to believe that..and its not people.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you search for peoples reports of their experience of taking a psychedelic drug like auywaska*, you'll hear of many people saying they encountered a spirit guide while under the drugs influence. This apparently goes back hundreds of years as well.. Just a suggestion.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I was 16, walking home from my 1st job. The walk was at least 3-4 miles.

A car pulled up and this I think 20 something year old kept asking me if I wanted a ride. I kept saying No thank you. Then he says "I recognize you, your friends with Kenny, Joe" - neighborhood friends of mine (good people). He stated he was friends with them as well. Stupidly, I got in the car. Not only did he not drive in the direction I showed him; he drove to a Sand and gravel pit. No door handle on the inside. He asked me to get out, and he said he just wanted to have a cigarette. I saw him change like he was washed over; and he became somebody else. Then he says "You love me, and there's nothing you can do about it". He grabbed me and I swear the thoughts in my head were "Oh my god I'm going to die, and what if my mother doesn't find me". I started praying in my thoughts for God to help me.

It came to me to not be afraid and act like I liked him. So I told him yes I do like you, but I'm all sweaty from work, why don't you let me go home and shower and we'll go out later.

He immediately turned into this quivering little boy instead of the monster I saw a few moments before. It was like he was on a trance. He said ok, we got in the car and he drove me back to my work to which I ran to a friends house after.

He was arrested 2 weeks later trying to abduct 2 girls from the Catholic school up the road.

I can only explain going from Redhot FEAR to calm negotiation, due to my prayer being answered.

Later found out my friends didn't know this guy at all!

edit on 2-8-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Mine is the Mandela effect proving we live in a multi dimensional prison. I wish we could jump to the sixth dimension but as a whole, it would take 78,000 years to complete

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow. I've been around some bad people before and confident and friendly definitely seems to be the way to go if you don't want to go nuclear, never had to deal with something as sketchy as that though, that would be a tough facade to maintain.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's funny that denial can be comforting, but it's true, we don't want to be schizophrenic.

I don't know if you've looked at the occult, but regardless, good luck on your journey.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's funny that denial can be comforting, but it's true, we don't want to be schizophrenic.

I don't know if you've looked at the occult, but regardless, good luck on your journey.

My skepticism is important. I have seen people who had a odd experience and without skepticism or self reflection, fall for any and every single nonsense out there and ultimately lose themselves in endless fairy tails.

I have a open mind to many things, but ultimately I am seeking out either some very solid understanding..or just more experiences that are difficult to debunk in order to gain a clearer picture.

Occult..broad catagory. one could say meditation is part of occultism..I dont buy into the witchery and all that magical stuff..I have yet to see anything quantifiable that isn't easily debunked. the amazing Randi is a good person to look at here in order to keep a level head. I am skeptical of claims and seek to debunk..because I experienced something that as time goes on seems more and more remarkable..so am seeking out equally remarkable things..of course since my experience is only personal, finding something equal is naturally difficult.

I wonder if its that way by design..get personal experiences, but not...allowed to have a full public unveiling..some sort of virtual reality rule that the whole system cant be compromised, but individually a person can opt in to get a glimpse of the machine behind the curtain

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I was living away at university.
I had a dream that I was having a picnic at a bench on a sunny day under some trees with my grandmother and my uncle.
I realized that my uncle had died a few years before(aged 35) so I asked him "You're not supposed to be here what are you doing here?"
He smiled and said "I'm here to pick up your grandmother." (His mother)He and my grandmother both smiled as if it was an inside joke.
My grandmother was wearing the lavender dress she had wore to my brothers wedding the year before.
I woke up and within 30 minutes my mother called to tell me my grandmother had died.

We were not that close and lived in different countries but I found out later she loved picnics and she was also buried in the lavender dress.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My father died in 1997. My wife and I moved to Melbourne, Aussie to be with him.

He served in the RAAF during WWII in Darwin, Northern Territory when the bombings occurred. Anyway, I secured employment in Darwin after his death and had in my possession (still have) his war diary with many daily entries.
We were very close.

I read the diary where he moved from airfield to airfield in the 'top end'. Most of which were bombed from time to time. He had many stories.

Anyway, we moved to Darwin, drove up and I was enlightened to see the names of the airstrips along the Stuart Highway (named in the diary) with some still there but of course in disrepair. He was on my mind a lot. After we settled in a house and during a storm the phone kept ringing and then stopping one night, quite late. I put it down to lightning strikes about the place. Occasionally I would pick it up and hear crackling/static on the line. Reset the phone, check it and the dial tone was restored.

I was in bed about 1am, then phone went off again. No passing storm this time. It was an unusual ring, hard to describe in writing. Anyway I went and picked it up, I heard the crackling/static again but a faint voice in the background. I said something into the phone like "hello, who's this, speak up". The voice clarity was poor but I made out the words repeated like this " It's okay *(my name)*, I'm alright, everything is fine". I said, "Dad?" The voice said again, "I'm alright." It was faint but sounded like my father. Not much after that but static on the phone. I called out 'dad' a few times but that was it. I was hesitant to hang up but I did after a minute or so.

I went back to bed, my wife asked me who I was speaking to but all I could say was, "me dad". I had a cigarette sitting up and couldn't go to sleep for another hour or so thinking the phone may ring again. We talked about it in the later in the morning. All my wife could say was, "That's weird".

It was weird. Phone never played up again. I haven't told anyone about this until now. I guess it is positive in those terms and the fact I think my dad is okay.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Once saw the true paradise behind this world's Veil. Posted pictures near the bottom of the following page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once picked up a sentinel being that was cloaked as a rock and constructed a stone stack. Note how there is a rock missing because the sentinel creature was shy of having its picture taken.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-8-2016 by Rapha because: sentinel being

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I once had this private tutor, whom my mother paid for me to see after I did badly in some exams. I hated him - he was a bully - so I made him ill.

Spent the whole day before praying while toting this little black Bible; I get back from school and, within about 10 minutes, the phone rings. It's the tutor's wife apologising to me because her husband "suddenly" took ill, so would I mind if we cancelled this week's session?

I never saw him again.

So, a mixed bag really. Positive for me; for my tutor, not so positive.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Back in 1990 Ilived at my mother's house in North east of England and my bedroom was in the attics...anyway I never noticed anything for first 2 years but on a dozen occasions at night I would witness a slow swirling wave like smoke in the middle of the room but was so freaked I would but the light on and go to sleep or if I had come in from the pub I would just tell to go away and then crash out on bed ???.
but to prove I wasn't mad a friend stayed over as his Lambretta Scooter (we where in a Scooter club) hand broken down so I put a mattress on my bedroom floor for him and next day he said he woke up and saw this weird smoke above him.
Anyone witness these sort of thing as well as i love to find out more.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I had a heart attack. I was going towards the "light" when I saw what appeared like three or four glowing silhouettes in front of a very white back ground.They were pretty far away, like what appeared to be 20 yards maybe? They were in what I guess was the typical "tunnel". Black except for the light behind the silhouettes. Anyway, a voice said "Go back! Not your time". Next thing I remember, I was back in the "real-world". That convinced me. Their IS life after death.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Bit of a sad and happy one. Years ago, I had a Shepard Husky mix that was inseparable from me: We did everything together. I lived with my dad, and my mom had a house. The dog would mope when I wasn't there (just to show you how much attraction we had for each other).

One day, I was out hiking, and my mom called me and told me to come over, now. I already got a sense of dread, because she used the "I'm serious - you're either in a lot of trouble or you need to hear this". So I went, and found it odd my beloved dog didn't come running up to me. I asked her where the dog was and only got a sad shake. I asked again, even though I knew I wouldn't see her again. The dog was hit by a driver, and killed instantly. She somehow got loose on her tie out (which is still suspicious). My heart broke that day, because when we first got the dog, I said I'd be the one to put her down when it was time; felt like life robbed me of being able to say goodbye.

Well, when my birthday came, everyone asked me what I wanted, and all I could say is I wanted my dog back. I went to bed crying myself to sleep. It was then that I had the most peculiar dream: I was in a yard, playing with my dog with her running around. I woke up sobbing and would have shaken it off as a dream except for two things: I felt I wasn't alone in the room, and there was a certain smell of "dog" in the room that dissipated after a couple minutes. She came back for a final goodbye.

She's visited a couple times since, and I know that she's going to be there to fetch me when it's my time to go.

-fossilera

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

I've read my fair share of near death experience reports, whether it's western ones saying it's not your time, or Indian ones saying, I'm sorry we grabbed the wrong Jasminder, I feel like the afterlife is going to be a lot like Beetlejuice. Not even death can save you from incompetent bureaucracy.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Not even death can save you from incompetent bureaucracy.

i think your on the money there

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A few years ago I saw distortions in the air that moved directly in front of me. Then I felt a gentle kissing sensation that felt good. I also heard something that sounded like a kissing sound. I was not scared at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, I'll bite the bait since I'm never positive on the forum...

Mine occurred sometime back in early 2010, in the month of February, where I was at work and was stepping outside for a break. It was somewhat of a warm, cloudy winter night, even though there was snow on the ground, and the exit I used was the Truck Driver entrance where they pick up, or drop their paper work to the office that basically in front of the entrance but on the inside of the warehouse. I walked down the metal stairs that are in between two parked tractor trailers, and if I recall, sat on the second or last step of the stairs.

As I'm looking at the pinkish, dark cloudy sky, these set of lights just randomly popped out of nowhere to my left side, although I can't recall the exact number, there had to be at least 6 but no more then 9. As I'm watching, I stood up in amazement with a stupid look on my face, watching these lights dancing around each other in a very well synchronized dance making all sort of patterns or shapes.

As I'm watching this with that stupid look on my face, a truck driver was a less then 15 feet away from me working on the trailer to my right, looks at me thinking "What going on" in my peripheral vision. However, right before he looked at me and even looked at what I was looking at, the lights seemed to have finished this dance, and slowly started vanishing one by one, where the last light got a bit brighter, RIGHT BEFORE he was looking at what I was looking at. After he looked, I stopped walking and, somehow played it off that there was nothing there even though we didn't exchange a word.

For some reason though, I had a huge grin on my face, saying...THAT # HAPPENED to my self. Maybe at the time, it proved to me that there something more, then the standard reality.

Also, as a sidenote, I recall hearing a noise, when the lights where dancing, each time they made a or changed their formation.

edit on 7-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join