It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TellTale: Batman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The first episode released today.

I've only gotten to play for a few minutes so far. I've met Catwoman, Harvery Dent, Carmine Falcone, and Vicki Vale. I've seen Oswald Cobblepot. I think I just got done dissing Falcone as Bruce Wayne at Wayne Manor ...

Can't wait to get back to it and see where this goes for me and the election.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I've been debating on getting this... I'm kinda hoping it'll be like the "Sherlock" games, with clues and such, and not so much like "Wolf Among us" or "Tales from the borderlands." Basically I hope its more adventure game and less quicktime sequences.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Telltale is one of the best storytelling game formats I think. have yet to be disappointed in anything they put out so far

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Telltale is one of the best storytelling game formats I think. have yet to be disappointed in anything they put out so far

Walking Dead season one was one of my favorite video games. Since then they have gone downhill. there used to be exploration, freedom, now it's basically a movie (qte) with a "choose your own ending! They need puzzles, more dialogue, more interaction and explorable areas. I wanted to love walking dead season 2, tales of the borderlands, wolf among us, but they have gotten so stale. Telltale needs a new approach.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So far, there is a lot of dialogue, not as much quick time. Fine for me. Working the politics behind a Mayoral election in Gotham complete with a scandal would be mostly dialogue.

And since I've never played a TellTale, I have no preconceptions. I sense that so far, this is a lot of setup for what comes later on.

There keep being these little popups about people remembering this or that thing I say or do.
I assume it's logging my choices for later on.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I like telltale games except every single one of them I have played are always really laggy and freeze up during save sequences. I have had that happen so far on all the walking dead games, the wolf among us, and the mine craft ones.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, Geez!

Why'd they have to go and do that?! End it on a cliffhanger where I actually want to smack Alfred ...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I like telltale games except every single one of them I have played are always really laggy and freeze up during save sequences. I have had that happen so far on all the walking dead games, the wolf among us, and the mine craft ones.

One note: I am seeing feedback on Steam that this thing does not run well on laptops I guess.

Once I figured out how to get it running on my desktop, I had no lag or issues on mine. But I did notice that the desktop icon won't launch the game for me. I have to start mine through my Steam page. It may have something to do with it assuming I have Windows 8+.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They do the same stuff on console too I have played all three x box, playstation, and steam, every version has lag issues and i have had them freeze on me before too.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Tell Tale Games is a good developer as far as I am concerned. They could have more gameplay, but, I really like their games. I play just about everything they make. Played Walking Dead Season 1&2. Played Wolf Among Us. Played Game of Thrones. Played Tales of the Borderlands. Loved them all.

However, I played their Batman and liked it a lot unti I got a, at least in my opinion, game breaking glitch in episode 4. I can't see the characters at all. I see walls and hear the dialogue, but can't see the characters.
edit on 20-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join