It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore: Black woman shot dead by police during alleged standoff while holding son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Please, God. Not again.

Racial healing is right on track in Baltimore. A black woman armed with a shotgun was killed by a cop while holding her child. Ended a six hour standoff. They were there to execute a warrant.

A black woman who was holding her five-year-old son was shot and killed by police in Randallstown, Maryland, on Monday afternoon after an extended standoff.
The 23-year-old Korryn Gaines allegedly pointed a shotgun at officers and said: “If you don’t leave, I’m going to kill you.” Authorities said that officers then fired and Gaines returned fire, but did not strike any police. The five-year-old boy injured a limb during the firefight but it was not initially clear whether bullets from police or Gaines struck him. The injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 2-8-2016 by bbarkow because: edit

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbarkow
. A black woman armed with a shotgun was killed by a cop

Sounds like a fair kill for once.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So what? The cops killed a psycho threatening them with a shotgun.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Poor kid. I can't imagine what he was going through and I would hate to have been one of the officers that had to make the decision to shoot while she was holding the child.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing good happens when you point a gun and state I will kill you....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Poor kid. I can't imagine what he was going through and I would hate to have been one of the officers that had to make the decision to shoot while she was holding the child.

That is the biggest tragedy. Now the kid will grow up hating police.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think that's the first thing you've said that I agreed with. Peace.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Psycho coward it sounds like.

Letting a child be involved in a shootout.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
sounds like the cop was an amazing shot. That was a high pressure shot

why does it have to be a black women? I agree sometimes race plays a role, unless you are saying no white women would hold her kid and wave a shot gun at a cop, I don't see the need for the adjective black....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

why does it have to be a black women? I agree sometimes race plays a role, unless you are saying no white women would hold her kid and wave a shot gun at a cop, I don't see the need for the adjective black....

That's the source headline, but would it be news if she were white?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
In today's news: Dangerous felon holds small child hostage while shooting at police officers and threatening to kill them, causes six hour standoff

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

In today's news: Dangerous felon holds small child hostage while shooting at police officers and threatening to kill them, causes six hour standoff

Fine, sure. But how does that headline put the shooting instantly into the context of everything else that's been happening in Baltimore? Descriptors aren't inherently racist, as you know.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Good riddance to a bad mother.

That poor child is better off without her.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

Thank goodness the child wasn't killed.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

fact is she was armed while resisting arrest, and fired on police officers.
only fools do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

She used her own child as a human shield.

I am certain during the long stand-off police repeatedly asked that she let the child leave and the evil monster refused so she could use the child as a human shield.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

fact is she was armed while resisting arrest, and fired on police officers. only fools do that.

It certainly seems that simple. Not sure it's going to be that cut and dried with DA Mosby on the case.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It takes both parties to act smartly. If one doesn't it can turn into a nightmare for all of those involved. It's truly mind boggling why this woman would act this way over such a small petty crime. Unfortunately police have to deal with people with very low IQ's all of the time.

Taken from the article

Videos posted on Gaines’ Instagram page appear to have been taken during the standoff. In one, Gaines can be heard asking her son who is outside and the boy responds: “The police”. Gaines then asks “and what are they trying to do?” And the boy replies: “They’re trying to kill us.”

Let's hope the child is raised right and whoever raises him, whether it's family or foster, they teach him that his mothers illogical thinking is what put both of them in danger and ultimately caused her death.

This is a perfect example if they want to take a step forward they teach him what really happened and not fill his brain with BS.

edit on 2-8-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Well don't point guns at the police and you won't have these kinds of problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do all criminals deserve to die in the US? Aren't the police trained to disable at all? Surely she could have been shot in the leg or arm or wherever but not killed? I've seen some very very petty reasons for police killing some people when a disabling shot would have worked just as well. Some crimes really don't deserve a death penalty

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join