It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Beatles" Colin Unwin, John Halliday and replacement of public figures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Recent YouTube videos have discussed two men who have recently surfaced who have an amazing resemblance to an aged Paul McCartney and John Lennon. John Halliday was curator of the McCartney childhood home museum and has an uncanny resemblance both in personality and appearance to the original Paul Mcartney. Colin Unwin has been involved in activities related to the early Beatles and has a very close resemblance to the early John Lennon and to his son, Julian Lennon. The story goes that McCartney was replaced in 1966 with the current "McCartney", and Lennon in about 1968 by "John Lennon" who was eventually assassinated. These replacements were preceded with several years of published pictures of close look alikes to confuse the public about how the real person looked. The motive behind these replacements was to re direct the fortunes earned by these stars to other people and/or to choose replacements that would be amendable to promoting the social agenda of the NWO. The theory goes that public figures in many fields have regularly been replaced using this process to promote these agendas. Would like some discussion from ATS members on this interesting possibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: skeptikal1

I've read a little about this.

Source?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am a massive Beatles enthusiast. I can assure you, as much as I would like to believe Lennon & McCartney could go on forever, we really should be thankful that they were perfect together!!

In my I I I life, I love you more.......

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I am a massive Beatles enthusiast. I can assure you, as much as I would like to believe Lennon & McCartney could go on forever, we really should be thankful that they were perfect together!!

In my I I I life, I love you more.......

Like you, The Beatles had a massive influence on my life. It is fine to question, just the like the OP is doing. However, after exhaustive research.....because I care....I love music. Your potential hypothesis is just not supported. Sorry.

The Beatles will go down through the ages as visionaries, they evolved and they left it all out there for US to enjoy.

SO let me take this opportunity.....and I really do appreciate your POST and in other cases, such as other look-alike people, I wouldn't be surprised. But IMHO, with regards to The Beatles.....They are simply a historical anomally.

One, Just a simple video as they ended their magical careers...and began anew.....

First, I have spent a good amount of time trying to find the video (that I had seen so many times......poof. It can't be find)
It was a simple raw version from the Let It Be Sessions.) Basically Paul and John interacting and singing...live. Can no longer find that version....it was precious......honestly what I will post, I am not satisfied with, because the video I am referring to showed the chemistry between John and Paul......if anyone one can find it, I'd appreciate it very much. I also realize the story is that it is about Paul and Linda.....but every bit of it is Lennon/McCartney IMHO.....so here is something that captures the chemistry.

And Maybe More Interesting
And lastly, a song that John wrote...or begain to compose and Yoko was kind enough to give it to Paul, George, Ringo and Jeff Lynne (from ELO, an avid Beatle Lover), to see if they could recreate what John and the feeling would be.

I have seen things popping up on YTube, etc. but nothing ever official. Who ever did this piece of work.....a major salute....again, not everyone's cup of tea.....but the song is very, very amazing. I hope you enjoy. Like I said....it's still regarded as a Lennon/McCartney tune, but is John's and if believed, Paul, George and Ringo make that familiar contribution.

You be the judge.....maybe the first time you have ever heard it. Enjoy!

Peace and Love Forever

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: skeptikal1

I don't buy into these types of conspiracy. Body doubles and so on mixed up with murders is too far out. If you look into how publishing companies work, you'll see how they always make more off a successful star than the star ever makes. So when we see Paul McCartney being worth ~750 million, the record companies would have made more. In other words, why bother with killing s and replacements when the company already makes much more. Also, why not use the stooge in the first place and keep *all* the income?

The reason I'm posting is to share with you something you'll probably enjoy. A guy called R Gary Patterson explores the *possibilities* of weirdness and conspiracy around famous stars like Led Zeppelin, Elvis, Beatles and more. Even though I'm not buying it, he raises a few points that pique my curiosity. If someone who disbelieves all this finds him interesting, someone who believes it all should love it

He did a show with Tim Binnall a few years back. It's over here.

The occult influences on Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones
The "mind controlled rock star" meme
Backwards tracks found in music (both intentionally and imagined)
The "Paul is Dead" conspiracy theory
The mysterious deaths of Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, and Jim Morrison

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing in the rumours that McCartney died in 1966 and was replaced by a "Billy Shears" or Faul McCartney than a sixties broadcast that started it all as a bit of a joke.

The supposed clues, like John shouting "I buried Paul" at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever are fun to work your way through if you love the Beatles. But are ultimately nothing. He actually said "Cranberry Sauce".

"Now and Then" is slated as the unfinished "Threetles" single that did not appear on Anthology 3 because George felt it was 'crap' and work stopped on it. Although "Grow Old With Me" , which later featured on the Lennon Anthology boxed set, was also supposedly in line for that slot. It has a very McCartney like bass line but whoever played on it remains uncredited.

As for Lennon being replaced in 1968. That is also crap.

But if you want to look into the whole episode involving the Nixon government, Lennon's activities in America in the early 1970s and one Mark David Chapman then you might find a real conspiracy.

edit on 3/8/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wait what? John was replaced as well?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Poor Ringo. No one ever wants to replace him.

And the ironic part is he will probably outlive them all.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Paul did replace Ringo a number of times. On 'Back in the USSR' and ' Dear Prudence' (after he'd walked out on the band) and also 'The Ballad of John & Yoko". But only on drums

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Paul did replace Ringo a number of times. On 'Back in the USSR' and ' Dear Prudence' (after he'd walked out on the band) and also 'The Ballad of John & Yoko". But only on drums

He replaced all of them on 'Why don't we do it in the road'.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Indeed he did. Good call!

Although Ringo later recorded overdubs for that one.

The Paul is dead stuff is great entertainment if you are a Beatles fan. But ultimately goes nowhere.

Lennon even commented on it after it filtered across the Atlantic. He wasn't dead either.

Maybe I'll do a thread on the rather strange conspiracies involving Nixon/Chapman and Lennon one day.

join