It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh can someone help me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh by accident yesterday I deleted my daughters winrar in the winrar file and all her pictures and html and graphics were deleted, is there anyway I can restore them? we tried restoring the computer to the day before, we tried everything, me my husband, my son, my sisters and nothing worked. ALl 7 of us tried. Please help if you know anything on how to get them back, she is so upset because she does a lot of writing and poetry and graphics for peoples' websites so if you can help we would appreciate it.
Thank You

[edit on 19-1-2005 by realorritt]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What version of Windows do you use ?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Windos Xp... and I am not smart when it comes to computers but my husband said every time that someone in the house saves a file...it is going into window media player and into winrar and that it shouldn"t?

I have IE explorer for my browser.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
She does so many graphics in paint shop pro, and her own graphics, plus she had her assignments for school in it as well, and she had just finished doing 3 websites on PSP for people, and she writes poetry for her school class, and does writings to help people overcome certain things. I lost all this and more on her and feel terrible.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
XP is the only Windows system that I haven't used.

That said, I did find a piece of software that can restore deleted files providing the space allocated to them on the Hard Drive hasn't been overwritten.

File Scavenger ™Disk Data Recovery Program

You can download a free demo version (which I assume will be time-dependant) which may work for what you need.

I would have given it a go myself, but I'm stuck using Win98 so it won't work on my machine.

E_T

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by realorritt
...3 websites on PSP for people
I wonder what kind of web sites those are?

In Windows everything deleted goes normally to recycle bin (or what that in English Windows), that's unless you use Shift+Del which "throws files past thrash bin directly to paper shredder".
Everything which has been "deleted" to recycle bin is easily restored, just open thrash bin from desktop and select file and oopen menu with right click.
Also files in there can't be overwritten, unless you have emptied recycle bin.

E_T

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Search and Recover

Zero Assumption Recovery

But if files have been deleted from recycle bin installing these programs might overwrite just those unless you install it to other drive. (I guess you have only C and rest are "removable medias")

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How can we ever thank you? Thank You so so very much, it worked!!
) She has everything back....oh, if you ever need a favor ask me please...
))))))

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T

...3 websites on PSP for people
I wonder what kind of web sites those are?

In Windows everything deleted goes normally to recycle bin (or what that in English Windows), that's unless you use Shift+Del which "throws files past thrash bin directly to paper shredder".
Everything which has been "deleted" to recycle bin is easily restored, just open thrash bin from desktop and select file and oopen menu with right click.
Also files in there can't be overwritten, unless you have emptied recycle bin.

She does religious websites. We tried but could not get anything from the recyle bin at all. To our dismay everything was gone from winrar, where the file was, and we still have the problem that anything that she or my son downloads besides my sisters goes straight to windows media player and we can't figure out why it does. Any time something has been deleted it can alwsy be retored before this happened but after yesterday we could not understand where it went after I deleted it, but now we have it back thanks to Pixie.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
What version of Windows do you use ?

Are those letters in red your websites?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Search and Recover

Zero Assumption Recovery

But if files have been deleted from recycle bin installing these programs might overwrite just those unless you install it to other drive. (I guess you have only C and rest are "removable medias")

Is the Bush letters in red your website?
How do you post a link?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

How do you post a link?

The Bush letters are part of ET's signature. My own links are the Pixy stuff at the bottom of my threads.

Here's the link to the BB codes used to post a link ...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Odd

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
this might be a dumb question, but...

have you looked in the Recycle Bin? the files should still be there unless you've emptied the bin recently.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

How do you post a link?

The Bush letters are part of ET's signature. My own links are the Pixy stuff at the bottom of my threads.

Here's the link to the BB codes used to post a link ...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Any time I click on a red line thing it does nothing, it doesn't take me anywhere. What is wrong? I asked someone else for help about something and in the u2u the red things don't work? I'm baffled . Help!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
this might be a dumb question, but...

have you looked in the Recycle Bin? the files should still be there unless you've emptied the bin recently.
looked in the bin, but it is fixed that part. The problem was it did not even go to the recycle bin at all. But that part is okay we have her things back, thanks to pixie. WHo took the ime , such a sweetheart, to help us.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I haven't come across this problem, but then again I don't use IE anymore.

I did find a possible fix from Vnunet.

Log on open Internet Explorer.
Go to Tools>Internet Options.
On the Security, Privacy and Advanced tabs, set them all to default level.

Hopefully that will work, if not, just let me know and I'll have a look around for other possibilites.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You are very smart! It worked, you must be some sort of computer wiz!!! Thank You
Ps. The other night I copied and pasted so much and all I had to do was post a link but still cannot figure that one out.////sorry to be any trouble but you are wonderful
))))))))) Thank You I appreciate your help so much,
Realorritt

[edit on 20-1-2005 by realorritt]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm pleased that worked. I used to be a Techie for an ISP years ago, but I'm getting a bit obsolete now
And it's been a while since I had to use IE for anything, since I now use Netscape.

To post a link, the command is this:

The rest of the commands can be found Here

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
www.php.net... (Link)
Like that?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
That's not my link..that's something else I'm so stupid

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>