It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 'awarded' his own Purple heart.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If Trump was told it was the real deal then how is it a lie to say what he was told?

I assume he was told it was a fake and chose to lie about it, as he does with most everything else.

~Tenth

Well, we have one NBC reporter who claims LC Dorfman said it was a copy... I trust the word of the media a lot less than I trust the word of anyone else these days. Until I hear Mr. Dorfman make a statement on camera, I'll assume it is the real deal.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very disingenuous title. Trump was not "awarded" his own PH.

He was given a copy of one by a supporter.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Dude, she's Keith Olbermann's girlfriend... let that sink in for a moment. Trump denied her and specifically her media access to his events 2 months ago because of her numerous lies and bias in her coverage of his campaign. He publicly called her out and made her look like an ass months ago. Ever hear of a woman scorned?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Lol. About time isn't it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Attacking? Everything within the conservative/Trump world always has to revolve around attacks, and I get it because Trump is an expert on attacking people and you support him. But don't get questioning this vet's actions with an attack. Trump, in my opinion obviously, no way deserves this kind of honor, ever.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Trump, in my opinion obviously, no way deserves this kind of honor, ever.

I somewhat agree, however I find it interesting that many of the people I see complaining about Trump over this and talking about "respect" are the same folks who cheered people like John Kerry throwing (now claimed to be replica) medals into the Potomac River following Vietnam.

Either the medals hold great significance and honor, and shouldn't be given to a non-service politician, or they're an object to dishonor by flinging them into a river of crap... It can't be both.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

People in this thread, or the other thread, people in your life? What people? Or are you just saying that because it's convenient in this case?

Let's be honest, protesting the failed Vietnam war as a vet is an honorable act.

Giving Trump a purple heart because you want to, is an honorable act? Either way, I don't see anyone downplaying the medal or making it bigger than it is. Our problem is the recipient of the medal, a man who DOES NOT deserve it. Giving Trump a medal is similar to throwing it in the river, I guess.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly make a thread. Make one for Trump and one for Hillary.

Why? There aren't enough already?
edit on 822016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

People in this thread, or the other thread, people in your life? What people? Or are you just saying that because it's convenient in this case?

The same media and political talking heads who were lauding John Kerry's "heroism" 12 years ago when he ran for POTUS and are now lambasting Donald Trump.

Let's be honest, protesting the failed Vietnam war as a vet is an honorable act.

I disagree.

Giving Trump a purple heart because you want to, is an honorable act? Either way, I don't see anyone downplaying the medal or making it bigger than it is. Our problem is the recipient of the medal, a man who DOES NOT deserve it. Giving Trump a medal is similar to throwing it in the river, I guess.

Trump should have gracefully declined the medal, but accepted the LC's endorsement and support instead. This isn't a zero sum game in which everything is either honorable or dishonorable... sometimes things simply are what they are and don't fit either classification.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You know that's not how it works - False story on the front page on Monday, retraction on the 8th page on Thursday.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I didn't know any of that.

The Keith thing especially, the rest well?

Again, I have 0 confidence in anything Trump says because he's never said anything of substance really. Just fear and demagoguery followed by more fear and a pledge to fix everything, without so much as telling you how he's going to do that.

But I just read on her bio she's a lesbian....So wondering about that bit as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It is your opinion and you are entitled to it just like this guy. In fact, he earned it to allow us to do what we are right now. Free. So if he wants to give it to someone he admires, why knock that vet?

My Grandfather was awarded the Purple Heart in WW2. (I will send you his last name first initial if you want to look it up in the registry) He survived and was injured after his B-17 was shot down. He would not have given it to anyone unless he thought it would mean something to that person. One of my Uncles received it when he passed and one of the grand kids now will get it along with the story of how it happened. That is what is special about it. Teaching courage. He never even talked about it but one of my aunts wrote his story. It was pretty incredible. My uncle was awarded in Vietnam. These are not things to be taken lightly but if it is the wish of these men why question them? That is as bad as Trump questioning the father.

I think he could have kept his mouth shut an avoided the press but he did not say anything wrong. That guy was pimping his dead son in a situation that had nothing to do with Trump. The Benghazi parents have a right to be upset at the person who armed the Libyans which sold to the Syrians and along the way their children were killed. To me two separate things.

I am not happy that he talked to a Gold Star family in that fashion but it will not sway my vote when i see how much he does for vets and their families who do not attack him with no basis to.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-02T16:44:03-05:000403 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

But I just read on her bio she's a lesbian....So wondering about that bit as well.

So her dad is trans, formerly Bob Tur the "Eye in the Sky" helicopter newsman from L.A. According to him, Katy flipped out and stopped speaking to him when he told her he was going to transition. They have no relationship at all... yet Katy Tur picked a huge fight with Ben Swann over his opinions on transgenderism and bathrooms not long ago, going so far as to physically threaten Swann because he called her out on her crap.

Katy Tur is neither trustworthy nor a journalist. She's in the position she's in purely because she's soothed the right frayed nerves inside NBC.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Trump DID earn this medal....from shooting his mouth off,while his foot was in it!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I was reading her dad's bio, that's why.

I get it now, just another SJW with an axe to grind.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Obama = insult to nobel peace prize holders

Trump = insult to purple heart holders

I just don't get it.

Why the hell are people putting these useless moronic corrupt self-righteous self-bloviating politicians on such high pedestals all the time ?!

Does the kool-aid really taste that yummy or what ??

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

If Trump was told it was the real deal then how is it a lie to say what he was told?

Because his lips were moving.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Trump’s critics have accused him of cheapening the medal’s value by accepting it and saying “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart, this was much easier.” This comes as Trump faces criticisms from the Khans and other gold star families, both due to his recent antics, and due to Trump having never served in combat after dodging the Vietnam War draft. Dorfman addressed Trump’s statement from the rally, where he said that the mogul’s words were “taken out of context” after Trump told him in private that the gesture was an honor. Dorfman went on to say that Trump would make a good Commander-in-Chief, and that he has no regrets about giving Trump his medal.

Here is the video from the man itself. Again....nothing here to see.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's is about as funny as that time they flew the flag at half staff for a singer that died of a drug overdose.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If you can find me even half the instances of that reporter lying as then I'll believe Trump.

The media has a 6% approval rating!
Statistics alone says the reporter is most likely lying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join