It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump 'awarded' his own Purple heart.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The election is not only dividing us as a country regarding wealth...and color...and privielge but it is also trying to cause a rift in the military community. Trump has a large backing with the military so what better way than to bait and attack Mr Trump with Mr Khans speech. It looks to not have worked as well as they thought. While the MSM makes it the main story every 15 this is what happened today with another hero.

This is from Trumps rally today in Virginia. The state of Hillary VP.

Link

He met a Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman and the Lt Col gave him his purple heart. Not a copy. His own that he earned. He felt strong enough to give it to him as a symbol of support.

www.thepurpleheart.com...

He was asked to say some words and declined. Humble. Modest. He just wanted to show his support and I can think of no greater way than this. Trump then in Trump fashion said a few things I am sure others will scrutinize but I don't care. I thought this was pretty amazing of this guy.

Thank you Lt Col Dorfman for your service.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Except trump lied about it and said it was the true Purple Heart as opposed to the replica he gave him.

But overall, good for the Lt.Col if that's how he wants to show support.

~Tenth

(post by MenWIthHugeApplause removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If Trump was told it was the real deal then how is it a lie to say what he was told?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

If Trump was told it was the real deal then how is it a lie to say what he was told?

I assume he was told it was a fake and chose to lie about it, as he does with most everything else.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This subject is already being discussed.. REF: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/2/2016 by carewemust because: see above

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

AHH You ASSUME

Okay

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This should be in the MudPit for a reason....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

AHH You ASSUME

Okay

Yes, since Trump is a giant liar - which has been proven on multiple occasions - it's kinda hard to take anything he says seriously.

But I do admit to just assuming in THIS particular instance that he lied.

and according to your article:

Contrary to Trump’s comments on stage Tuesday, NBC reporter Katy Tur said the veteran in question told her he had made a copy of his original Purple Heart to give to the presidential candidate:

The man who gave Trump his purple heart told me earlier today, it was a copy of his purple heart.

— Katy Tur (@KatyTurNBC) August 2, 2016

Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

If you can find me even half the instances of that reporter lying as then I'll believe Trump.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That Daughter of Zoey Tur?

Yeah I can't think of ANY reason she might want to push a narrative that has the potential of leading to a more progressive country.

edit on 2-8-2016 by Bennyzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

And he should never have taken it but he doesn't even know that much.
He didn't earn that medal. He does not deserve that medal and a decent person would never have taken it.
They would have pressed it back into the soldiers hand and insisted they keep it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Why the hell would he give a draft dodging, thinned skinned, orange baby man his own purple heart? I wonder how much Trump paid him to do that?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yeah, all I had to do was go to here twitter feed. The second pic down with the little hispanic boy giving me the finger saying deport this?

twitter.com...

Yup. Out of ALLLLL of the press this veteran walked up to her and out of the blue said this.

Bull#....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

That Daughter of Zoey Tur?

Yeah I can't think of ANY reason she might want to push a narrative that has the potential of leading to a more progressive country.

Please kindly point out where she's done that in the past. I"m certainly happy to change my opinion if presented with new information.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Then I imagine he will tell some other reporter that she was lying. Since he's now been quoted as making trump out to be liar.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So can we start adding up the lies he tells?

Have the media create a montage of the lies he tells daily. Play it 24/7...bombard the airwaves with it.
And Hillary has a credibility issue? SMH.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
So can we start adding up the lies he tells?

Have the media create a montage of the lies he tells daily. Play it 24/7...bombard the airwaves with it.
And Hillary has a credibility issue? SMH.

This thread isn't about Hillary.....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I understand your post. I do. It was how that man is showing his respect. You do not have to understand it but at least respect the veteran who made his own choice.

If Trump would have said no then the MSM would say "Cheeto Candidate ignores and kicks vet off stage at rally"....

Instead he respectfully accepted it. I am pretty sure that man made nothing off that. There truly are just genuine people out there.

Sounds like you are calling into question the vet and his choices? Are you attacking the vets choice? Sure sounds like it....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Silly make a thread. Make one for Trump and one for Hillary.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wrong thread.
edit on 8/2/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join