It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump's Campaign Manager Still on the Payroll of a Ukrainian Political Leader?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
[Source]

Matt Rourke/AP Is Donald Trump's campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, still on the payroll of a Ukrainian politician or party? According to the New York Times, which on Monday published an investigation into Manafort's decadelong involvement in Ukrainian politics, the answer is unclear. As the Times detailed, Manafort—who has a lengthy history of helping dictators and strongmen rehab their reputations—once represented Ukraine's former President Viktor Yanukovych, a pro-Russian politician with ties to Vladimir Putin who fled Ukraine in 2014 as demonstrations and uprisings raged in the country. But Manafort's work in Ukraine didn't end with Yanukovych's ouster. He subsequently went to work for Serhiy Lyovochkin, Yanukovych's former chief of staff, to revitalize Yanukovych's beleaguered political party.

Unclear. But certainly something to keep in the back of your mind. The campaign denies ties to Russia. Of course they would.

How Paul Manafort Wielded Power in Ukraine Before Advising Donald Trump

Among Manafort's other satisfied customers? Seko and Marcos. Oh and Savimbi.

Top Trump Aide Led the ‘Torturers’ Lobby’

But over the years, they made millions by representing a rogue’s gallery of clients far away from D.C.’s genteel corridors of power: dictators, guerilla groups, and despots with no regard for human rights—including one man responsible for mass amputations, and another who oversaw state-sanctioned rape.

One such client was Jonas Savimbi, who led a guerilla army trying to wrest control of the Angolan government from Marxists during the country’s brutal civil war. Savimbi hired Manafort’s lobbying firm to help him get financial support from the U.S. government for his guerilla army, UNITA (National Union for the Total Independence of Angola).

And Manafort and co. delivered.

Nice company he keeps.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Oh well, so long as it isn't the Nazis Obama helped put in.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Oh well, so long as it isn't the Nazis Obama helped put in.

I'd love to see a source on that.

Which particular Nazis?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Clinton got MILLIONS from Russia via her "foundation"
freebeacon.com...

Anything bad Trump does or could do , Hillary has already done, and worse....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So is it ties to Russia or Ukraine? Or just another weak attempt at bashing Trump?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

freebeacon.com...

Anything bad Trump does or could do , Hillary has already done, and worse....

Oh, sorry. I didn't realized this was about Clinton again. So she worked with Manafort too?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

How does pointing out who his campaign manager worked for in the past bash Trump exactly?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Orionx2

How does pointing out who his campaign manager worked for in the past bash Trump exactly?

You stated "The campaign denies ties to Russia. Of course they would". Sounds like a bash... Anyway you used an article that supports possible Ukraine ties. Whatever. Good luck with your agenda.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Of course they would deny ties. Either they're not true (kind of a hard Chinese wall to put up there) or they are. In either case, they're deny them.

Make of that what you will.

I'm just posting some things that an adult, interested voter might want to look into and educate themselves about. (You know. Something other than, "I've voting for him because he's not Hillary" or "I'm voting for him because he's politically incorrect" or "I care when Hillary lies but don't give a freak when he does.")

So yeah, that might be my "agenda." I'm sorry if thinking hurts so much.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You are starting numerous threads, desperately trying the find fault with Trump as a diversion from much more severe wrongdoing by Clinton, which you attempt to ignore.

It is obvious to anyone that any bad thing Trump does or could do , Hillary has already done, and worse....

Face reality.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Of course they would deny ties. Either they're not true (kind of a hard Chinese wall to put up there) or they are. In either case, they're deny them.

Make of that what you will.

I'm just posting some things that an adult, interested voter might want to look into and educate themselves about. (You know. Something other than, "I've voting for him because he's not Hillary" or "I'm voting for him because he's politically incorrect" or "I care when Hillary lies but don't give a freak when he does.")

So yeah, that might be my "agenda." I'm sorry if thinking hurts so much.

Post history stays with you. How about posting similar threads about Hillary t o show no agenda or bias or just out to bash trump? I mean you really want to get people thinking and be all adult like.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

freebeacon.com...

Uh...No...The Clinton Foundation is not "Hillary's"...it has open books...and yes it accepts donations from everyone...but no there is no evidence what-so-ever those funds have gone for anything apart from charity. Anyone can see money in and out. Transparent books.

On the other hand the Trump Foundation? He refuses to show the records...has spent Foundation money on gifts to himself and has outright lied about donations he has made from the foundation...and hasn't put in his own money for years...It's a wide open vehicle for off the books/tax-free pay-offs.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You are starting numerous threads, desperately trying the find fault with Trump as a diversion

Oh...for effs sake...

Lucidity is trying to introduce some reality into ATS's right wing circle-jerk..

Trump was unaware that Ukraine had been invaded by Russia...I came here looking for the thread and was shocked I couldn't find it.

Trump attacked Hillary's VP Pick Tim Kaine as being a horrible governor of New Jersey...He was never Governor of New Jersey, he was Governor of Virginia...a different Tom Kane was Gov of NJ...back in the 1970's! I came to ATS...crickets...

Right wing bubble around here...don't knock Lucidity for trying to let some air into the foul crazy bubble around Trump.

All of the above is just the past week...apart from attacking a Gold Start family!

Trump is destroying himself daily and right-wing folks are seeing how far they bury their head in...

Amazing for a forum dedicated to denying ignorance..

edit on 2-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I am documenting history. Yes.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
who is surprised about this?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Tracking history ?
Let me help