It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35A officially reaches IOC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

They let books out because it gets information out without touching on classified information. The Air Force has largely ignored the propaganda war about the F-35, largely because they knew once they turned the corner more information like the articles Sam linked would get out, and the aircraft would show what it's capable of.

Even those books don't really touch on how much different C3 and C4 are, even from the 2003 Iraq invasion. Other areas of battlefield management didn't even exist a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I always find it fun to see what I actually mean, instead of what I actually said.

Thats easy when you talk in circles. I prefer the direct approach, cutting through the chaff. The war against "ISIS" is really against Syria.

The newest fighters in the US arsenal are aimed at Syria and Iran. But will be primarily fighting Russian platforms in those airspaces, even manned by Russians, just like Vietnam 'air war'.

Not like stated in the OP...

With the recent comments by the top brass, I get the feeling from the AF that in the not too distant future we'll get to see F-35's in actual combat situations fighting ISIS.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Forget it. I know how this will go.
edit on 8/2/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Then I can only imagine what ELSE it has up the sleeves. If they let out those details about the F35s EWC.. I mean it´s mindblowing.

Edit: Aw, Zaphod, I found it to be a good read!
edit on 2-8-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It's changed all around, not just with the F-35. They can get real time data from high altitude ISR platforms now, AWACS is more capable than ever with new computers and radar displays, as well as the new stealth aircraft capabilities.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

FIRST you're you are telling me about how my icon has a swastika on it ...and AFTER I said it wasn't ,now you are demanding you are right here.
I want to READ this NOT YOU AGAIN.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I saw the Marine testing,would such a system integrate ground data with a link to troops?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Although the US also relies on private companies, owning some of the satelite assets the US uses for it´s operations and as fallback. Just to add to the picture. When we´re at it there is a reason why turkey is also important it has to do with the counterpart of satelites. I´ve originally had a thread but thanks to bell packard and it´s lying backup manager, the whole drive was reformated before it backuped 30gb of uselessness, overriting the old files. Instead of using the partition I selected and created. I was so mad I could have thrown the damn thing out of the window. Damn you developers of the backup wizard at bell packard, lying scumbags you are. This was for a friend so I restrained from throwing it on the street.

But I drift away. Are non-sat datalinks (to AWACS and ground) capable of replacing the satlink 100%? I know you can´t know everything but that´s something to consider in the whole context of this post.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Trolls will be trolls.

If we ignore the troll long enough, the troll won't get enough attention and go away like the troll always does.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Eventually there will be a very detailed link to a mobile ground station, with a local system for JTACs.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I believe they are training in all branches of the military to be prepared and develop tactics and technology in case of the loss of sat. coms.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The majority of Intel and targeting will come through non-satellite ISR systems. The information will come through a combination of satellite and direct datalink when in range. There are some interesting new long range communications methods in the works. One on the F-35.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Since this was designed from the start as a ground pounder with air to air capability, why doesn't it have an F/A designation? Just an Air Force thing since no one likes attack aircraft so give it a fighter designation?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

Pretty much. The Air Force goes either fighter or attack on their designations. The F-15E is a ground pounder that's actually quite a bit different than the C/D, but gets a straight fighter designation. They don't do F/A like the Navy does.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

That´s what came out in one of the wargames and I too bet they are on this.
Everything else would be stupid

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

FIRST you're you are telling me about how my icon has a swastika on it ...and AFTER I said it wasn't
I want to READ this NOT YOU AGAIN.

First you insulted me. Dish it out but can't take it. You don't like some posted content... skip on down.

Edit:www.abovetopsecret.com...

To the thread: Sorry for the off topic argument being extended here.
edit on 2-8-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

THANK you,CAPABILTIES here not how it's deployed, please?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join