It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia scholar Stephen Cohen shuts down CNN shill host who tries to link Trump to Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The lies of the MSM are so transparent. I'm amazed some people still buy this total bull#.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Anytime something negative is said about Trump his supporters shootback with, well Hilary this or Hilary that, deflect, deflect, deflect. I'll play along with this one, Putin is one of the richest men in the world, by contrast the multi-millionaire Clintons are paupers. I can't believe sections of the American public have come to love a dictator. Anything to defend Trump, it could come out tomorrow that Trump is best buddies with Fidel Castro and Trump supporters will say Castro is a great man with great ideals.

edit on 2-8-2016 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Because.... People are paying attention to the Cat and ignoring the Dinosaur in the room.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Boy did he get shoveled off the air real quick.

I imagined a studio executive in the control room screaming at the CNN host in his ear piece 'END THE #ING SEGMENT RIGHT NOW!'

He was probably freaking out because the guest managed to get as much time in as he did to question the farcical narrative being pushed by CNN.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Of course he shut it down.

Question for y'all. Who did Trump's campaign manager for before Trump? Yeah.

Is Donald Trump's Campaign Manager Still on the Payroll of a Ukrainian Political Leader?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Ukrainian?

Well that doesn't support Hillary's narrative if Trump's campaign manager used to work for a Ukrainian politician.

Seeing as we all know Ukraine hates Russia right now and that Trump explicitly states he believed the people in annexed Ukraine/Crimea would rather be with Russia.

So yea, that doesn't negate anything Cohen said and it doesn't support the false narrative.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
oh you mean the guy, Viktor Yanukovych, who was illegally chased out of Ukraine, so Porkoshenko could take over, and badly i might add.

Say.. doesn't Biden's Son run some kind of big Oil Conglomerate there now?

Ah it was all about the Oil that's right ....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why Is The Western Media Ignoring The New Cold War? (w/Guest: Stephen Cohen)

This is good and Important!

Thom Hartmann speaks with Professor Stephen Cohen of The Nation Magazine about Russia, NATO, and our mainstream media's refusal to report on the New Cold War.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

He worked for both the ousted and the new.

What his real goal was or who's operative? That's the question.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I have little question why he was driven into hiding.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Everyone is chasing stupid imaginary monsters with their cell phones or high on crack or bath salts or nuetered by pharmaceuticals what good would it do if they got told the truth anyway.The fog of stupidity and willfull ingorance or normalcy bias as they call it is so thick they either wouldn't believe or wouldn't even process it they cant process any truth other than the demented narrative they are comfortable with.The future is so bright you'll need welding goggles.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Theres a pro-Hillary bias in the media.

In this case, there was a pro-Trump bias.

The media should not be engaging in propaganda (for either candidate and in general) even though thats the majority of what they do.

The reason I say this was a pro-Trump bias is because his ties to Putin/Russia are legitimate.

Due to his many bankruptcies and defaults, Trump turned to foreign investors to help maintain his lifestyle.

As fate would have it, the Russians stepped up.

And Trump is making his intentions/loyalties clear, saying that as POTUS, he may not support NATO while at the same time ensuring that anti-Russian rhetoric is stripped from the GOP platform.

When the Republican Party releases its platform Monday, the official Republican party position on arms for Ukraine will be at odds with almost all the party’s national security leaders.

Inside Trump’s financial ties to Russia and his unusual flattery of Vladimir Putin.

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication.

“We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Would it be fair to say that in a sense, the Russians "own" Trump?

Trump is assembling a team of advisors who have also worked for Putin’s cronies.

Paul Manafort has also worked for the pro-Russian former president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych, who was deposed in a popular revolution in 2013.

Trump’s foreign policy advisors also include Carter Page, a former advisor and current shareholder in the state-controlled Russian natural gas giant, Gazprom, who has advocated for a less adversarial US stance toward Moscow.

Donald Trump aide slams America's policy on Russia during speech in Moscow.

In an unusual critique for a man attached to a presumptive nominee for the American presidency, Carter Page said the US and other Western countries unfairly vilified Russia for its problems, including corruption, which he said was just as easily found at home.

And here is Trump's team bad mouthing the United States in the Russian capital.

I'd expect this from Obama or Kerry but Trump?

The Chinese played this all wrong.

All they had to do was give him some money.

Instead of advocating a trade war against China, he'd be telling us how great they are.

edit on 2-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Would it be fair to say that in a sense, the Russians "own" Trump?

Not only would it not be fair, but it would also not be true. And a slew of other things it would not be.

Theres a pro-Hillary bias in the media.

In this case, there was a pro-Trump bias.

I think the guest laid out his position very objectively in the first part of the video. He even specifically mentioned he is not supporting either candidate with his observation, rather just pointing out something that nobody is talking about in the media that is clearly a problem.

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump’s son, Donald Jr., told a real estate conference in 2008, according to an account posted on the website of eTurboNews, a trade publication.

“We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

So let's see here, they're Trump's assets right? Then the Russian's don't own them, let alone his family. I'm sure there are many thousands of wealthy Russian citizens who have invested in Trump's Real Estate empire. It doesn't mean they control him, especially if he's the one selling them something.

It's not as if he's accepted donations from nations with known ties to terrorism in exchange for political favors while he was serving as secretary of state. Who was that candidate again?

edit on 8/2/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The Truth always matters, and yes , there are a lot of dumbed down drooling some sheep however there's a good portion who are clearly not. Truth always prevails and rightfully so.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Well the truth is Fort Campbell the 101st and many other bases and units are on alert and 12 hour recall, the situation is spiralling out of control in the middle east and yet not a dicky bird on mainstream media and all search engines bar for Duck Duck go and all the social media filters have been doctored to block this information,the guy on the video is correct the lunatics in the media are actively pushing towards ww3.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yes, Russians buy extremely expensive apartments/real estate from Trump, as do the Chinese and a host of others. That doesn't equate to "Being owned" if you know anything about business, it equates to selling property to the high rollers who can afford it.

And in general, there's been such pollution regarding Russia historically here, from school books to media that people think Russia is some evil boogeyman whom is an enemy and we should never deal applicably with.

It's beyond foolish. Every country has aspects we agree/disagree with but it doesn't mean we can't have a working relationship. And in general, we do business with some shady countries, even call some of them allies like Saudi Arabia and Israel.

I'd also say WE have a shadier recent history than anything Russia has done. We're one of the most corrupt countries globally who start problems and stick our noses into issues to influence them far and wide. We're one of the last countries who should be sticking our noses up and others.

But many Americans show zero perspective or understanding of global politics.

Does Putin have a shady past? Sure as hell does. So do the Bush's. So do the Clinton's. So does Obama. So does Cheney. So does most of our corrupt, bought and paid for Washington industry.Is Putin as shady as these Sharia dictators across the Middle East? Nope. They slaughter their own and fund terrorism abroad. Are you more nervous about dealing with the average Russian or the average refugee out of the Middle East where many are reeking havoc across Western Europe?

Point blank, Russia isn't this evil boogeyman they're painted to be and I'll go further and state we'll never get a grasp on this terrorism issue without their help. Europe is doing F all to confront the issue. Merkel is closer to true evil than Putin. Putin protects Russians. Merkel sold out Germans for foreigners.
edit on 2-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I'd also like to point out that the first POTUS to even attempt to come to agreements with Russia after WW2 was elected Democrat, John F Kennedy.

Some even think he was killed for it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: MysticPearl

I'd also like to point out that the first POTUS to even attempt to come to agreements with Russia after WW2 was elected Democrat, John F Kennedy.

Some even think he was killed for it.

That had nothing to do with Kennedy getting killed. So the Cuban missile crisis was an attempt to make an agreement with Russia?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So the Cuban missile crisis was an attempt to make an agreement with Russia?

No, but Kennedy did want to create an open exchange of UFO data between the US and the Soviet Union.

LINK
LINK

According to "Wikileaks Stratfor UFO files" its very much possible.

Dated 12 November, 1963, just ten days before he would be gunned down in the streets of Dallas, Texas, Kennedy informed James Jesus Angleton (Chief of the CIA's Counterintelligence Staff) that we was setting things in motion to actually share sensitive CIA UFO intelligence data with the Russians through the director of NASA.

This request was made on the same day he requested James E. Webb to begin Kennedy's peace overture to the Russians via joint space exploration.

The CIA will have none of that, you can be sure.

edit on 8/2/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Well the truth is Fort Campbell the 101st and many other bases and units are on alert and 12 hour recall, the situation is spiralling out of control in the middle east and yet not a dicky bird on mainstream media and all search engines bar for Duck Duck go and all the social media filters have been doctored to block this information,the guy on the video is correct the lunatics in the media are actively pushing towards ww3.

Yes, this is a concern. A big one. If you saw that second video, it was pretty explanatory on what the Media is holding back from the West. And i found it somewhat disturbing. I hope everyone see's that, i had no idea.

God knows what they're hiding, and wwiii could very well happen and we wouldn't know it until it landed on top of us.
edit on 8/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join