It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some crazy footage of??? I really don't know...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hey folks, been awhile since I have posted in this forum, but sometimes you come across something that makes you scratch your head and wonder.

This link below will take you to some very strange footage. At first you think daylight meteor maybe, but then it seems like it smashes into the clouds with a massive explosion. So of course next thought is cgi, but I'm not sure that it is cgi either, so I'm bringing it here for better eyes to give it a look.
No harm no foul getting more opinions

Link to footage
edit on 8/2/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Lats time that happened it was a world wide event.

This here?

Single sourced.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The lens flare makes it look genuine.
However it could still be C.G.I.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't have FB, tried to watch from the link but it said I have to login to FB.

Can someone embed this for those of us who dare to not participate in the FB frenzy?

Much appreciated!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
that is wild!! im no expert but it looks real...whatever it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
cgi....no light on the roof or trees from the flash....the audio has the blast at a quarter mile distant....video at 16 miles

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I don't either, you don't have to sign up, just click "not now" and then you can watch

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Link to original source.
Most of the comments peg it as CGI.
One thing I will point out is the Persid meteor shower is currently ramping up, 8/11 & 12th to be the best nights, so a daytime meteor is possible altho unlikely to be filmed?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
i see what you mean..thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It's called obvious CGI.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ANOTHER fabulous HIT from our INCREDIBLE orbital(redacted)
Or
The New "Blue beam" advert for a playstation product.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

CGI

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that the original footage cgi'd out the areas of light?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If it's CGI, which it probably is, it's a good example of technical skill...whoever made it (if they did actually make it), they'd have a pretty good future in the special effects industry.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

At first you think daylight meteor maybe, but then it seems like it smashes into the clouds with a massive explosion. So of course next thought is cgi, but I'm not sure that it is cgi either, so I'm bringing it here for better eyes to give it a look.

Not sure that its CGI?

It looks like its from TV show with out a massive budget to do great CGI or some B grade movie.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why don't they say where this happened exactly?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
An explosion that large would cause a shock wave.
It's CGI.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
yep, and the delay for the final layer with yellow and orange fire was too significant, too

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Someone in the comment said that they "have this app"

Is it some sort of special effect generator for the phone's camera? Looks pretty cool!

All types of stuff out there like this www.fxguruapp.com...
edit on 2-8-2016 by ScriptedSociety because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I can't say I have absolute proof that this is fake, but a couple of things raised a red flag for me which casts huge doubts for me on its validity.

First of all, the camera is pointed in one direction seemingly awaiting the arrival of this object from the left of the frame. That makes me wonder why someone would begin filming while awaiting the object to come into view, rather than including the object at the beginning of the video, then following it as it moves.

Secondly, and sort of related to the first point, the object seems to "perform" for the camera, doing it's thing by exploding near the middle of the frame without requiring the videographer to pan the camera at all.

I mean, lucky for the videographer that they didn't need to move the camera at all, allowing this object to fly into frame and then blow up.

Thirdly, the shockwave (which when we hear it, seems to have come along too soon -- unless the object was very very close) should have caused the trees to move.

Like I said, that isn't "proof" that this is a fake video, but that certainly makes it seem fake to me.

edit on 2016-8-2 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join