It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans denounce Trump as confrontation with Muslim parents escalates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How they responded is quite telling.

Trump - He should have let it be but instead, in true fashion, he challenged the DNC not Khan. It never mentions how Trump said Khans son was a hero. Just the conversation with him and the father. As you stated, he should have let it go.

Hillary - She responded. In an interview with Mike Wallace she said the woman was mistaken and did not hear her correctly...again....

Trump needs to learn to not respond to every attack. Hillary can only lie. One is much easier to curb than the other. As far as worrying about Trump? Man, you all have been saying this for MONTHS...He is not going anywhere and this entire race will be defined in the first debate.

It will be WWE type interaction...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If you condemn Trump for Khangate then surely you condemn Hillary for Smith?

"I believe to this day the video played a role," Clinton said at her congressional testimony Oct. 22, 2015.

www.politifact.com...

Patricia Smith told CNN on Oct. 10, 2012, that at the Joint Base Andrews meeting, National Security Adviser Susan Rice "talked to me personally, and she said this is the way it was. It was because of this film that came out."

In 2015, three years later, Woods shared with Fox News diary notes he took after meeting Clinton, Obama and other officials. "I gave Hillary a hug and shook her hand. And she said we are going to have the filmmaker arrested who was responsible for the death of my son," the entry said in full.

When Clinton was asked in a March 9 Univision debate if she lied to the family members, she said, "I feel a great deal of sympathy for the families of the four brave Americans that we lost at Benghazi. And I certainly can't even imagine the grief that (the mother of one victim) has for losing her son, but she's wrong. She's absolutely wrong.

I see very similar situations. I do not see them handled similarly by the MSM.

What Trump did was stupid and disrespectful.
To ignore one and highlight the other is imo disengenuous.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

By my political prediction clock, the MSM is bang on schedule with Trump, last week it was Hillarys turn after the DNC convention trainwreck, and this week it's Trumps turn.

Next week will be Hillarys turn again, the week after that it will be Trumps again.

Hillary / Trump
Trump / Hillary

My watch never lies.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gothmog

Republicans denounce Trump

Since when have they not ?

About this particular issues? Are you claiming that they''re clairvoyant now?

Ummm , go back and read all the news about Trump coming from the Republican party ever since he threw his hat in the ring. Refresher course time for u

But the topic here is them denouncing him over this issue.

Our schools have failed us regarding literacy and logic.

Actually , that is what my entire post was about. There hasnt many a time , including this incident , when the Republican Party has backed Trump. And you are correct in the statement that , for some , schools have failed us.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
ENOUGH! This thread is not in the Mud Pit forum. Stop the political baiting, stop the insults, stick to the topic.

Further disruptions may result in post bans. Do not reply to this post.

Reaffirming our desire for productive political discussion...

edit on 8/2/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This is the most nightmarish election I've ever seen!

Who wrote this script.........Mad Magazine?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
It was pretty pathetic the DNC used these people for race bait as with the illegal immigrants they brought on stage. I would say both sides are pretty pathetic when it comes to ethics and morals.

Race bait? Explain.

Seriously?
Trump gets called a racist for wanting to temporariy banning Muslim immigrants until they can be better vetted....
The DNC cherry picks a Muslim Gold Star Family in which Khan happens to be a immigration lawyer that bankrolles off selling US citeznships and has a chip on his shoulder because he would lose money if trump succeeds with that.
It was quiet a political stunt.... They know trump would not back down and they turn it into trump hates Muslims and vets.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Yes, despite her sins, Hillary does have the skills and temperament to lead this country. Trump does not.

Whether I vote or not does not mean I am not entitled to my opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Thinking maybe Donald really screwed up this time.

It was only a matter of time. I'm sure he'll screw up again sometime before the November election. I would bet he'll screw up in the presidential debates with Clinton. His knowledge of foreign affair, policies and how government works is very limited. Even if he manages to weasel out of that, his out of control comments, rudeness, and bigotry will cause him to say something he'll regret saying.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It was pretty pathetic the DNC used these people for race bait as with the illegal immigrants they brought on stage. I would say both sides are pretty pathetic when it comes to ethics and morals.

I would say the pathetic thing is Trump falling into an obvious trap set by Clinton. He is not looking all that smart after this one

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I beg to differ... the woman should never ever be allowed in the same country with classified information and is therefore totally 100% unqualified to be president.

Nothing else matters past the point that she should not have a clearance or be allowed anywhere in the same country as a classified document.

Trump will always be in the news.... he is not scared to talk to the press.

edit on R002016-08-02T09:00:51-05:00k008Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't care what side you're on, if you're abusing of disrespecting Veterans you need a good right hook

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Honestly, I haven't been following this "feud," because I really don't care anymore about Trump's feuds with people. It's a boring topic, and I'm just tired of it. He's immature--we get it.

I do, though, have to differ in opinion to a couple of the veterans on Megan Kelly's clip--there is not one single identifier of anyone that makes someone "off limits" to being talked about or criticized. My wife and I are both veterans, and we know far too well that just because someone does something heroic that gets them killed, that does not mean that they were a good person, a good Service Member, nor that they necessarily came from a good family. (It doesn't mean that they weren't, either, but hopefully you get my point)

Just because someone's kid was awarded the Gold Star does not mean that they are off limits for any reason whatsoever.

(Don't mistake that comment for backing Trump's side of the feud--I think that he's out of line, but not because they are a gold-star family)

originally posted by: introvert
This issue is a great example of how different the two candidates are.

Trump's personality forced him to respond to this family, when he should have just let it be to minimize their effect.

Agreed--I can't stand his childish personality.

Hillary was blamed for the death of a Mother's son in Benghazi at the RNC and she said nothing about it.

That's because, like you said, she's wanting that incident to go away (minimize its effect)--but her silence doesn't mean that she's a better person, just that she's a better politician.

Trump is a man-baby that does not have the temperament or maturity to run this country. Hillary, even with all her downfalls, does have what it takes to lead.

Well, you're half right: Trump is a man-baby. Hillary, though, is as unfit to lead as Trump, but for different reasons (for the most part). Neither are even close to being a proper leader of anything.
edit on 2-8-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
I don't care what side you're on, if you're abusing of disrespecting Veterans you need a good right hook

Veterans haven't been respected for decades. Speaking AS a vet, I know this to be true.

link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

Unfortunately, a veteran is not a veteran to 99% of politicians... they are simply a tool to use too achieve a political agenda for that particular candidate.

link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

I would say the pathetic thing is Trump falling into an obvious trap set by Clinton. He is not looking all that smart after this one

No argument, that's why in my first post I said both parties lack morals and ethics. These campaigns have turned into a battle of who can make the other look stupid and babbeling about how great they are instead of actually talking about real issues.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Islam is a religion, is it not?

Wait...so...is Trump's issue with Musiims or Asians or Muslim Asians or all of the above?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Oh, thanks for that! I wasn't aware of that. Still only ONE on the list currently holds office and, at one time, supported Trump and now, has changed allegiances. Sen. Mark Kirk. A lot of the others seem to be advisors and former politicians... I'm waiting for Nikki Haley and others who are up for reelection to denounce him and say she's not going to vote for him.

The real weasels are the people who were formerly against Trump and now, have decided that he IS what this country needs after all (and what their reelection needs). Gov. Bobby Jindal, Chris Christie, RAND PAUL (what a disappointment!), John Cornyn and Marco Rubio. When Trump finally does fall face first into his own vomit, these people will run from him as fast as they can in order to save their asses.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bull. No one wanted to beat Patricia Smith. And even if it were true doesn't excuse this. Stop. There are no words to describe the shame of what trump is saying and doing and everyone is condemning him for this atrocity.

The republican party needs to demand an apology from him. They need to disassociate themselves from this ....what ever.

This can't be allowed to fade away like the other crap this clown pulls.
And it won't be.

edit on 822016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join