It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Place of a Burning Bush, a Crown of Thorns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Elsemyazazededera

Yeah, or involved two goats, have to ever Co sider3d the amazing similarities between that and what happened with Jesus and Barabbas? Ponder it for a few, and here is a hint, Barabbas is a surname.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I know that and that is an excellent connection. I would say you rose to the challenge on that one as Jesus also turns sins white as snow like the red string turns white.

I wonder the fate of Jesus Barabbas, the popular criminal pardoned in Roman fashion as that was not a real Jewish custom. The authors took liberty or it was edited but it was a very Roman thing to pardon someone. Have you seen Schindler's List. "Thats power Amon, that is power?"

Good call though.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I would say the star of the Magi was like a hint of the pillar followed by the Israelites into the Promised land.

The Magi are not Jews but Persians historically and that is homage to Cyrus the savior from Persia.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I think it was a Roman custom, not a Jewish one. I could be wrong. And Barabbas is a compound name, bar means "son of", for example Peter was Simon bar Jonah. (Simon son of Jonah) And Abba means "Father", so Jesus Barabbas means "Jesus son of the Father".
edit on 8 3 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I believe I just said it was a Roman custom and it was, a very diplomatic political maneuver not common to the Hebrews at all. Maybe the Alexandrian Jews but not in Jerusalem. Pilate didn't want any part of it and passed the buck as Herod and Caiphas plotted it out.

Jerusalem was a big problem for Rome because they wouldn't worship Caesar even if it would give them freedom, they were not a submissive people. They liked Greece somewhat but hated Rome because they had the potential to become a new Babylon and did.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I already said I know that. That means Bar Abbas, I even called him Jesus Barabbas you don't need to explain when I told you I know that. I got your observation.

Jesus son of the father is what Jesus Barabbas means so that is not lost on me and I am aware that Jesus was removed for a long time and just Barabbas was used but now it has returned. I get the significance between the Jews choosing the son of the father over the king of the Jews do you?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah, Isaiah 53 says they esteemed Him not and He would be despised and rejected by His own people.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Very true, I marvel when people say Jesus was a threat to Rome, He absolutely wasn't, Pilate declared Him innocent 7 times. Rome didn't care about Christians until Nero.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Also they chose a man of a father, a human father.

Over the annointed promised Messiah because they wanted to rule not be ruled, even if in peace.

Essentially rejecting their inheritance from their own Father and handing it over like Esau.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Isaiah has some descriptions of the actual crucifixion doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It says His body was marred so much it barely looked human, and he said they plucked out His beard. That's why Mary didn't recognize Him in the garden when He resurrected until He said her name. (Isaiah 50:6)

I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join