It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If the other candidate wins, America is screwed"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Sublimecraft
You seem to think that free speech is dangerous.
I don't think you think I think that. I am a personal advocate of allowing free speech to ascend to full retard levels, in the hope that it may teach the orator or the intended recipients a valuable lesson.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Depends on your definition of better, more money food and sanitation... never... more freedom to practice your rights as written quite a bit.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: DJW001
You seem to think that free speech is dangerous.
I don't think you think I think that. I am a personal advocate of allowing free speech to ascend to full retard levels, in the hope that it may teach the orator or the intended recipients a valuable lesson.

Then we are in agreement. The only defense against propaganda is an educated, critically thinking populace. But don't be under any illusions: free speech is dangerous if the population is kept in ignorance. That danger is a risk we take for our freedoms.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

No, he doesn't touch on a good point with Johnson. Watch the guy in any interview and you will see he is a quack.

I've watched both Hillary & Trump in interviews and 'quack' would be an understatement describing them.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I am on board, voting for Jill Stine this term.

And if you fear the electoral college won't let it happen, think again

There is no federal law that requires electors to vote as they have pledged, but 29 states and the District of Columbia have legal control over how their electors vote in the Electoral College. This means their electors are bound by state law and/or by state or party pledge to cast their vote for the candidate that wins the statewide popular vote. At the same time, this also means that there are 21 states in the union that have no requirements of, or legal control over, their electors. Therefore, despite the outcome of a state’s popular vote, the state’s electors are ultimately free to vote in whatever manner they please, including an abstention, with no legal repercussions.
Link to source

Some do say that the college is still too free because it has very little repercussions for not voting the why the majority wanted, but if it became obvious that our vote did not matter, the US government would have some serious public control problems.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"Divide and Conquer" that is their slogan, they divide the sheeple and control the politcians in both parties, a 3rd party would either fall in or be eliminated.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's plain to see how people are brainwashed to vote along their party line no matter how deplorable their candidate! We see posters on ATS everyday defending their party candidate knowing full well their stance on issues, their integrity and dishonesty is in question!!! We're always criticizing a candidate's dishonesty, yet we're not being honest with ourselves when we make excuses for these candidates! If we can't recognize and criticize our own party's short falls such as, dishonesty, bigotry and ignorance, we're part of the problem! All it does is enable these candidates to continue down the same path and never address the real issues. It's why the world is in the mess it's in.

The party system does an excellent job at creating divisiveness among the population. There's strength in numbers, and the last thing governments around the world want is a unified populace!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Jill Stein believes Wi-Fi signals are toxic, and vaccinnes cause autism...nuff said.

Americans can't vote for someone who tells the truth. Yes, Wi-Fi signals has been linked to brain cancer and vaccines have been linked to autism. 'Linked' is different than 'cause' though. But despite the links, it's better for the overall greater good to have them both (Wi-Fi and vaccines). As with everything else, it comes down to a cost benefit analysis.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Until we have term limits on congress, supreme court justices, we will be screwed regardless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join